Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Repetition in a particular interval Post 302995038 by RudiC on Friday 31st of March 2017 05:21:26 AM
Old 03-31-2017
Please get accustomed to posting requests or specifications as detailed and exact as possible, by supplying system information, sample input data, preferred tools, desired output, and maybe more.
In above, where and how is the "string" stored? A shell variable? A file? One line or multiple lines? A structure used in an e.g. c- program?
What to do with the results? Print them? Store them? Process them?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Random numbers without repetition

Is anyone know some scripts to generate random number without repetition using bash; for example generate 10 different random numbers. Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: asal_email
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Looping/Repetition in Batch files

Hi All, I'm just new to UNIX, does anyone know how to create a batch file in UNIX that does the following routines: 1.) process multiple files in a directory in DOS, I set my sample input file as: set INPUTFILE=%1 in UNIX>> ???? 2.) every file to be processed by executing a program... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kimpot7268
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping/Repetition in Batch files

Hi All, I'm just new to UNIX, does anyone know how to create a batch file in UNIX that does the following routines: 1.) process multiple files in a directory in DOS, I set my sample input file as: set INPUTFILE=%1 in UNIX>> ???? 2.) every file to be processed by executing a program... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kimpot7268
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare the interval of 2 numbers of input2with interval of several numbers of input1

Help plz Does any one have any idea how to compare interval ranges of 2 files. finding 1-4 (1,2,3,4) of input2 in input1 of same key "a" values (5-10, 30-40, 45-60, 80-90, 100-120 ). Obviously 1-4 is not one of the range with in input1 a. so it should give out of range. finding 30-33(31,32,33)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: repinementer
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count the repetition of a Field in File

Hi, Thanks for keeping such a help-full platform active and live always. I am new to this forum and to unix also. Want to know how to count the repetition of a field in a file. Anything of awk, sed, perl, shell script, solution are welcomed. Input File------------------ abc,12345 pqr,51223... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: indian.ace
10 Replies

6. Programming

Words combinations without repetition

How can I get all combinations of 5 words from 10 words. For example I have 3 words and I want to get all combinations of 2 words. "A", "B", "C" it would like AB, BC, AC. Maybe you know some usefull code or example. Thanx a lot. P.S. Sorry if I'm not right enough cause I don't know English... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: romeo5577
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Counting the number of repetition of a pattern

the o/p of a command is -bash-2.05b# grep -o a * cc:a dd:a a dd:a office:a a a a a a a a a a a a a a (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: an2up
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

repetition calculation

cat mylist First_NAME Gender Mike M Sara F Raya M Sara F Fibi F Mike M Mike M Micheal M can someone please help me to get a script to cacluate the number of repetions for each (First name... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sara_84
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with awk for selecting lines in a file avoiding repetition

Hello, I am using Awk in UBUNTU 12.04. I have a file as following with 48,432,354 lines and 4 fields. The file has this structure (There are repetitions of the first column in several lines) AB_14 S54 A G AB_14 S55 A A AB_14 S56 G G GO_15 S45 T A GO_15 S46 A A PT_16 S33 C C PT_16 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Homa
4 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Adding same value to variables in does each repetition of command

So, I have this command: mkdir rolled for %%x in (*gif) do convert %%x -roll +2+6 %%x|move %%x rolled I'd like to have the +2 and +6 accumulate here. In each new gif tackled, it should increase by the amount: +2 (for x) and +6 (for y) Is this possible? I'm on Windows, DOS. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
0 Replies
Bio::Search::Tiling::MapTileUtils(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		    Bio::Search::Tiling::MapTileUtils(3pm)

NAME
Bio::Search::Tiling::MapTileUtils - utilities for manipulating closed intervals for an HSP tiling algorithm SYNOPSIS
Not used directly. DESCRIPTION
Not used directly. NOTE
An "interval" in this module is defined as an arrayref "[$a0, $a1]", where "$a0, $a1" are scalar numbers satisfying "$a0 <= $a1". AUTHOR
Mark A. Jensen - maj -at- fortinbras -dot- us APPENDIX
interval_tiling Title : interval_tiling() Usage : @tiling = interval_tiling( @array_of_intervals ) Function: Find minimal set of intervals covering the input set Returns : array of arrayrefs of the form ( [$interval => [ @indices_of_collapsed_input_intervals ]], ...) Args : arrayref of intervals decompose_interval Title : decompose_interval Usage : @decomposition = decompose_interval( @overlappers ) Function: Calculate the disjoint decomposition of a set of overlapping intervals, each annotated with a list of covering intervals Returns : array of arrayrefs of the form ( [[@interval] => [@indices_of_coverers]], ... ) Args : arrayref of intervals (arrayrefs like [$a0, $a1], with Note : Each returned interval is associated with a list of indices of the original intervals that cover that decomposition component (scalar size of this list could be called the 'coverage coefficient') Note : Coverage: each component of the decomp is completely contained in the input intervals that overlap it, by construction. Caveat : This routine expects the members of @overlappers to overlap, but doesn't check this. are_disjoint Title : are_disjoint Usage : are_disjoint( [$a0, $a1], [$b0, $b1] ) Function: Determine if two intervals are disjoint Returns : True if the intervals are disjoint, false if they overlap Args : array of two intervals min_covering_interval Title : min_covering_interval Usage : $interval = min_covering_interval( [$a0,$a1],[$b0,$b1] ) Function: Determine the minimal covering interval for two intervals Returns : an interval Args : two intervals get_intervals_from_hsps Title : get_intervals_from_hsps Usage : @intervals = get_intervals_from_hsps($type, @hsp_objects) Function: Return array of intervals of the form [ $start, $end ], from an array of hsp objects Returns : an array of intervals Args : scalar $type, array of HSPI objects; where $type is one of 'hit', 'subject', 'query' _allowable_filters Title : _allowable_filters Usage : _allowable_filters($Bio_Search_Hit_HitI, $type) Function: Return the HSP filters (strand, frame) allowed, based on the reported algorithm Returns : String encoding allowable filters: s = strand, f = frame Empty string if no filters allowed undef if algorithm unrecognized Args : A Bio::Search::Hit::HitI object, scalar $type, one of 'hit', 'subject', 'query'; default is 'query' _set_attributes Title : _set_attributes Usage : $tiling->_set_attributes() Function: Sets attributes for invocant that depend on algorithm name Returns : True on success Args : none Note : setting based on the configuration table %alg_lookup containing_hsps() Title : containing_hsps Usage : @hsps = containing_hsps($interval, @hsps_to_search) Function: Return a list of hsps whose coordinates completely contain the given $interval Returns : Array of HSP objects Args : $interval : [$int1, $int2], array of HSP objects covering_groups() Title : covering_groups Usage : Function: divide a list of **ordered,disjoint** intervals (as from a coverage map) into a set of disjoint covering groups Returns : array of arrayrefs, each arrayref a covering set of intervals Args : array of intervals matches_MT Title : matches_MT Usage : $hsp->matches($type, $action, $start, $end) Purpose : Get the total number of identical or conserved matches in the query or sbjct sequence for the given HSP. Optionally can report data within a defined interval along the seq. Returns : scalar int Args : Comments : Relies on seq_str('match') to get the string of alignment symbols between the query and sbjct lines which are used for determining the number of identical and conservative matches. Note : Modeled on Bio::Search::HSP::HSPI::matches get_SeqFeatures Title : get_SeqFeatures Usage : Function: Get the feature objects held by this feature holder. Features which are not top-level are subfeatures of one or more of the returned feature objects, which means that you must traverse the subfeature arrays of each top-level feature object in order to traverse all features associated with this sequence. Top-level features can be obtained by tag, specified in the argument. Use get_all_SeqFeatures() if you want the feature tree flattened into one single array. Example : Returns : an array of Bio::SeqFeatureI implementing objects Args : [optional] scalar string (feature tag) feature_count Title : feature_count Usage : $seq->feature_count() Function: Return the number of SeqFeatures attached to a sequence Returns : integer representing the number of SeqFeatures Args : None add_SeqFeature Title : add_SeqFeature Usage : $seq->add_SeqFeature($feat); $seq->add_SeqFeature(@feat); Function: Adds the given feature object (or each of an array of feature objects to the feature array of this sequence. The object passed is required to implement the Bio::SeqFeatureI interface. Returns : 1 on success Args : A Bio::SeqFeatureI implementing object, or an array of such objects. remove_SeqFeatures Title : remove_SeqFeatures Usage : $seq->remove_SeqFeatures(); Function: Flushes all attached SeqFeatureI objects. To remove individual feature objects, delete those from the returned array and re-add the rest. Example : Returns : The array of Bio::SeqFeatureI objects removed from this seq. Args : None perl v5.14.2 2012-03-02 Bio::Search::Tiling::MapTileUtils(3pm)