Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Assign comma separated values to a variable Post 302994922 by jeffs42885 on Wednesday 29th of March 2017 12:43:40 PM
Old 03-29-2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudiC
How about
Code:
cut -d, -f2- file
 testgroup1
 testgroup2
 testgroup3
 testgroup4

Will def. give this a try!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting comma separated values into an array

I'm attempting to create a KSH array out of a string like this: ",,,value1,value2,," I have created the array but I only get two elements, one for value1 and one for value2. I have ended up with something like this but I don't like it: set -A JUNK xx=0 for i in $(print ",,,value1,value2,,"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmarikle
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting the values separated by comma

Hi, I have a variable which has a list of string separated by comma. for ex , Variable=/usr/bin,/usr/smrshbin,/tmp How can i get the values between the commas separately using shell scripts.Please help me. Thanks, Padmini. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: padmisri
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input Validation of comma separated values

Hello all, I am working on a script and have the first part solved of numerical input validation. Below the code validates that the input is a numerical value between 100 and 1000. If not, it errors out. Now I need to be able to read values separated by a comma. For example, instead of my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxRacr
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To agregate Comma separated values

Hi pls help me to get the code: i have a file in which content is : 2.01304E+11 2.01304E+11 ori 2 01:00 2.01304E+11 2.01304E+11 ori 2 01:02 2.01304E+11 2.01304E+11 ori 3 01:02 2.01304E+11 2.01304E+11 ori 3 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aditya.Gurgaon
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[solved] Comma separated values to space separated

Hi, I have a large number of files which are written as csv (comma-separated values). Does anyone know of simple sed/awk command do achieve this? Thanks! ---------- Post updated at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:54 AM ---------- Guess I asked this too soon. Found the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lost.identity
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needs help in parsing comma separated values

hello experts, i am retrieving values in variables jobKey and jobName within my shell script. these values are returned to me within braces and i am using following command to remove those braces: jobKeys=`echo $jobKeys | sed 's:^.\(.*\).$:\1:'` jobNames=`echo $jobNames | sed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avikaljain
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read record from the text file contain multiple separated values & assign those values to variables

I have a file containing multiple values, some of them are pipe separated which are to be read as separate values and some of them are single value all are these need to store in variables. I need to read this file which is an input to my script Config.txt file name, first path, second... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comma separated values to individual lines

My OS : RHEL 6.7 I have a text file with comma separated values like below $ cat testString.txt 'JOHN' , 'KEITH' , 'NEWMAN' , 'URSULA' , 'ARIANNA' , 'CHENG', . . . . I want these values to appear like below 'JOHN' , 'KEITH' , 'NEWMAN' , 'URSULA' , 'ARIANNA' , 'CHENG', .... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing Comma Separated values to UNIX variable from PLSQL

Hi All, I'm trying to pass the comma separated values (string) returned from Plsql Procedure to UNIX variable. getting the below log message cat: -: Bad file descriptor awk: cmd. line:1: fatal: error reading input file `-': Bad file descriptor The output coming from plsql procedure is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mahesh3089
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert fixed value fields to comma separated values

Hi All, Hope you are doing Great!!!. Today i have came up with a problem to say exactly it was for performance improvement. I have written code in perl as a solution for this to cut in specific range, but it is taking time to run for files thousands of lines so i am expecting a sed... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad man
9 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)