Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Write to file without redirector Post 302994861 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 28th of March 2017 07:56:01 PM
Old 03-28-2017
The oracle scheduler does not have write access to the directory/file, or your script does not cd to a place where the scheduler can write. The /tmp directory is a possibility.
try:
Code:
echo -e "# System Generated Data" > /tmp/filename.out

The scheduler uses streams if I recall correctly. Runs as the oracle user. This is a form of interprocess communication between the oracle kernel and UNIX.

Note: it will likely not write to the same place that the output of DBMS_OUTPUT, UTL_FILE operations or spool is set in pl/sql, so there is probably a filename.out somewhere. IF in fact the oracle user had write privilege to the directory. You may need a directory object created by the DBA to point to where you want to write your pl/sql or sql output to use i.e., /tmp <- this would allow both processes to write to a common directory, /tmp. And a change to the directory name in any scripts.

Last edited by jim mcnamara; 03-28-2017 at 09:04 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to jim mcnamara For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX Serial Port Redirector

Hi , I need to have an application where in I am able to create a virtual Serial port on a UNIX machine for a remote device which is accessible by a IP address and a port number (by terminal server). Both the machine and the remote device are on the same network. So after this application is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naveenkj
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Serial port redirector

I need make serial data from virtual serial ports available on a TCP/IP network. For communications with hardware COM ports to send and receive serial data over a local network or the Internet. Example: POSIX machine (/dev/ttyS0) <--- TCP/IP ---> Windows machine COM1 Please help! I try use... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: steel98
0 Replies

3. IP Networking

read/write,write/write lock with smbclient fails

Hi, We have smb client running on two of the linux boxes and smb server on another linux system. During a backup operation which uses smb, read of a file was allowed while write to the same file was going on.Also simultaneous writes to the same file were allowed.Following are the settings in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swatidas11
1 Replies

4. Programming

Some how the open(file,flag, acc) returns 0 and write to the screen, instead of the file ???

I am out of idea what to do to resolve the problem! I need to use the open(file, for.., access) function to write a file. Never have the situation like that: it is return 0 - zero. As a result all write(..) going to the screen! What the problem it could be? I do not even know... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data from an XML file & write into a CSV file

Hi All, I am having an XML tag like: <detail sim_ser_no_1="898407109001000090" imsi_1="452070001000090"> <security>ADM1=????</security> <security>PIN1=????</security> <security>PIN2=????</security> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss_ss
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match list of strings in File A and compare with File B, C and write to a output file in CSV format

Hi Friends, I'm a great fan of this forum... it has helped me tone my skills in shell scripting. I have a challenge here, which I'm sure you guys would help me in achieving... File A has a list of job ids and I need to compare this with the File B (*.log) and File C (extend *.log) and copy... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnandhakumar
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to search a particular String form a file a write to another file using perl script

I have file which contains a huge amount of data. I need to search the pattern Message id. When that pattern is matched I need to get abcdeff0-1g6g-91g3-1z2z-2mm605m90000 to another file. Kindly provide your input. File is like below Jan 11 04:05:10 linux100 |NOTICE... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raysf
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 text file with 1 column in each file and write mismatch data to 3rd file

Hi, I need to compare 2 text files with around 60000 rows and 1 column. I need to compare these and write the mismatch data to 3rd file. File1 - file2 = file3 wc -l file1.txt 58112 wc -l file2.txt 55260 head -5 file1.txt 101214200123 101214700300 101250030067 101214100500... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Divya Nochiyil
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to write a shell script to convert text file to excel file.

Hi Everyone, I want your help to write a script which will take text file as input and on the basis of delimiter ":"script will create excel sheet. Example input: IpAdress:InstanceName:Port:ServerName 10.255.255.1:abc:2232:xyz_abc Output should be an excel sheet like below: Column... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: akabhinav18
8 Replies
tapset::scheduler(3stap)												  tapset::scheduler(3stap)

NAME
tapset::scheduler - systemtap scheduler tapset DESCRIPTION
scheduler.cpu_off Process is about to stop running on a cpu See probe::scheduler.cpu_off(3stap) for details. scheduler.cpu_on Process is beginning execution on a cpu See probe::scheduler.cpu_on(3stap) for details. scheduler.tick Schedulers internal tick, a processes timeslice accounting is updated See probe::scheduler.tick(3stap) for details. scheduler.balance A cpu attempting to find more work. See probe::scheduler.balance(3stap) for details. scheduler.ctxswitch A context switch is occuring. See probe::scheduler.ctxswitch(3stap) for details. scheduler.kthread_stop A thread created by kthread_create is being stopped See probe::scheduler.kthread_stop(3stap) for details. scheduler.kthread_stop.return A kthread is stopped and gets the return value See probe::scheduler.kthread_stop.return(3stap) for details. scheduler.wait_task Waiting on a task to unschedule (become inactive) See probe::scheduler.wait_task(3stap) for details. scheduler.wakeup Task is woken up See probe::scheduler.wakeup(3stap) for details. scheduler.wakeup_new Newly created task is woken up for the first time See probe::scheduler.wakeup_new(3stap) for details. scheduler.migrate Task migrating across cpus See probe::scheduler.migrate(3stap) for details. scheduler.process_free Scheduler freeing a data structure for a process See probe::scheduler.process_free(3stap) for details. scheduler.process_exit Process exiting See probe::scheduler.process_exit(3stap) for details. scheduler.process_wait Scheduler starting to wait on a process See probe::scheduler.process_wait(3stap) for details. scheduler.process_fork Process forked See probe::scheduler.process_fork(3stap) for details. scheduler.signal_send Sending a signal See probe::scheduler.signal_send(3stap) for details. SEE ALSO
probe::scheduler.cpu_off(3stap), probe::scheduler.cpu_on(3stap), probe::scheduler.tick(3stap), probe::scheduler.balance(3stap), probe::scheduler.ctxswitch(3stap), probe::scheduler.kthread_stop(3stap), probe::scheduler.kthread_stop.return(3stap), probe::scheduler.wait_task(3stap), probe::scheduler.wakeup(3stap), probe::scheduler.wakeup_new(3stap), probe::scheduler.migrate(3stap), probe::scheduler.process_free(3stap), probe::scheduler.process_exit(3stap), probe::scheduler.process_wait(3stap), probe::scheduler.process_fork(3stap), probe::scheduler.signal_send(3stap), stap(1), stapprobes(3stap) IBM
--- tapset::scheduler(3stap)