Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Question regarding keytool
Top Forums Programming Question regarding keytool Post 302994858 by mohtashims on Tuesday 28th of March 2017 06:03:44 PM
Old 03-28-2017
Hammer & Screwdriver Question regarding keytool

I first generated jks using
Code:
keytool -genkey -alias keyAlias-keyalg RSA  -keypass changeit  -storepass changeit keystore keystore.jks

Then i generated the csr using
Code:
keytool -certreq -alias $addr  -sigalg SHA256withRSA -keystore $addr.jks -file $addr.csr

Below is how i self sign and generate the .cer from jks
Code:
Export the generated certificate to the server.cer file (or client.cer if you prefer), using the following command format:

keytool -export -alias keyAlias-storepass changeit  -file server.cer  -keystore keystore.jks

If you ask me why i need to generate the cer from csr instead of jks then the reason is -sigalg SHA256withRSA does not work with -genkey (jks) so i have to use .csr and then use that csr to generate the self signed .cer

Question:
How can i self sign and generate the .cer from the .csr file instead of the .jks using keytool?

Last edited by mohtashims; 03-28-2017 at 07:17 PM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Next Question:

what is the function of swap in linux why i have to create apsolutely a particion for the swap when i install (i installed lnx4win mandrake and made an automat. disk particion and the install program one of my disk partitions that was 3gb devidet in 4 one native 700mb swap 600mb and the others i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: user666
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

another question?

what happens if the script doesn't get Y,y,N, or n? Will it just loop back up and ask the question again? I tried to get mine to give me another response to tell me my input was invalid, but ran into problems with it. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: wmosley2
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question

For example res=`some command` elif ; What does this syntax mean? I mean exactly "Xvar" "Xval" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirusnet
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

while question/help?

I have 3 files in a directory. The files are named as below MSDOS PCDOS filename.txt The file filename.txt contains the following 1 line *****DOS When I run the following while loop I get the following output while read r do echo $r done < filename.txt Output is MSDOS PCDOS (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gmatsoon
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

for i in ls question

Greetings, I have a script that uses this syntax: for i in `ls *.pll` do echo Compiling Lib $i ..... frmcmp.sh userid=$LOGON module_type=LIBRARY module=$i compile_all=yes batch=yes done mv *.pll ../libs mv *.plx ../libs mv *.err ../libs If there are no files that match though I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjdbhouse
9 Replies

6. Programming

C++ little question

Hi, I am doing a C++ self-study and I got stuck with this problem. I want to have a code that asks the suer to enter two numbers and then it lists the numbers between these two numbers. It has also to print a message if these two numbers are equal. Here is what I wrote: #include <iostream>... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: faizlo
11 Replies

7. Solaris

Keytool command to check expiration dates of certificates

Friends, I'm in search of a keytool command which pulls the expiration dates of certificates in keystore. I have around 200 certs in my keystore, so would like to know if we have any script/command which can pull expiration dates of certificates at one run. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fop4658
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to enforce interactive keytool?

i am reading line by line from a file as below while IFS= read -r var do ... ... ... done < "hello.txt" I added the keytool command in the do while loop as below. while IFS= read -r var do ... keytool -genkey -alias $fname -keyalg RSA -keystore $fname.jks -keysize 2048 ... done... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)                                                 General Commands Manual                                                ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)