Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Question regarding keytool
Top Forums Programming Question regarding keytool Post 302994858 by mohtashims on Tuesday 28th of March 2017 06:03:44 PM
Old 03-28-2017
Hammer & Screwdriver Question regarding keytool

I first generated jks using
Code:
keytool -genkey -alias keyAlias-keyalg RSA  -keypass changeit  -storepass changeit keystore keystore.jks

Then i generated the csr using
Code:
keytool -certreq -alias $addr  -sigalg SHA256withRSA -keystore $addr.jks -file $addr.csr

Below is how i self sign and generate the .cer from jks
Code:
Export the generated certificate to the server.cer file (or client.cer if you prefer), using the following command format:

keytool -export -alias keyAlias-storepass changeit  -file server.cer  -keystore keystore.jks

If you ask me why i need to generate the cer from csr instead of jks then the reason is -sigalg SHA256withRSA does not work with -genkey (jks) so i have to use .csr and then use that csr to generate the self signed .cer

Question:
How can i self sign and generate the .cer from the .csr file instead of the .jks using keytool?

Last edited by mohtashims; 03-28-2017 at 07:17 PM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Next Question:

what is the function of swap in linux why i have to create apsolutely a particion for the swap when i install (i installed lnx4win mandrake and made an automat. disk particion and the install program one of my disk partitions that was 3gb devidet in 4 one native 700mb swap 600mb and the others i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: user666
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

another question?

what happens if the script doesn't get Y,y,N, or n? Will it just loop back up and ask the question again? I tried to get mine to give me another response to tell me my input was invalid, but ran into problems with it. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: wmosley2
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question

For example res=`some command` elif ; What does this syntax mean? I mean exactly "Xvar" "Xval" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirusnet
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

while question/help?

I have 3 files in a directory. The files are named as below MSDOS PCDOS filename.txt The file filename.txt contains the following 1 line *****DOS When I run the following while loop I get the following output while read r do echo $r done < filename.txt Output is MSDOS PCDOS (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gmatsoon
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

for i in ls question

Greetings, I have a script that uses this syntax: for i in `ls *.pll` do echo Compiling Lib $i ..... frmcmp.sh userid=$LOGON module_type=LIBRARY module=$i compile_all=yes batch=yes done mv *.pll ../libs mv *.plx ../libs mv *.err ../libs If there are no files that match though I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjdbhouse
9 Replies

6. Programming

C++ little question

Hi, I am doing a C++ self-study and I got stuck with this problem. I want to have a code that asks the suer to enter two numbers and then it lists the numbers between these two numbers. It has also to print a message if these two numbers are equal. Here is what I wrote: #include <iostream>... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: faizlo
11 Replies

7. Solaris

Keytool command to check expiration dates of certificates

Friends, I'm in search of a keytool command which pulls the expiration dates of certificates in keystore. I have around 200 certs in my keystore, so would like to know if we have any script/command which can pull expiration dates of certificates at one run. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fop4658
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to enforce interactive keytool?

i am reading line by line from a file as below while IFS= read -r var do ... ... ... done < "hello.txt" I added the keytool command in the do while loop as below. while IFS= read -r var do ... keytool -genkey -alias $fname -keyalg RSA -keystore $fname.jks -keysize 2048 ... done... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies
wanboot_keymgmt(1M)					  System Administration Commands				       wanboot_keymgmt(1M)

NAME
wanboot_keymgmt - insert and extract keys SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/inet/wanboot/keymgmt -i -k key_file -s keystore -o type=keytype /usr/lib/inet/wanboot/keymgmt -x -f outfile -s keystore -o type=keytype DESCRIPTION
The keymgmt utility has two purposes: o To take a raw key, stored in key_file, and insert it in the repository specified by keystore. o To extract a key of a specified type from the repository specified by keystore, depositing it in outfile. outfile will be created if it does not already exist. The type of key being added or extracted is specified by keytype and may have one of four values: 3des, aes, rsa, or sha1 (the last used by HMAC SHA-1). When extracting a key, the first key with an OID matching the supplied type is used. ARGUMENTS
The following arguments are supported: -i Used in conjunction with -k to insert a raw key in keystore. -f outfile Used to specify a file to receive an extracted key. -k key_file Used in conjunction with -i to specify the file in which a raw key is stored. This key will be inserted in keystore. -o type=keytype Specifies the type of key being inserted or extracted. Must be one of 3des, aes, rsa, or sha1. -s keystore Specifies a repository in which a key will be inserted or from which a key will be extracted. -x Used in conjunction with -f to extract a key of a specified type and deposit it in outfile. EXIT STATUS
0 Successful operation. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWwbsup | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Obsolete | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) ITU-T Recommendation X.208 SunOS 5.10 18 Apr 2003 wanboot_keymgmt(1M)