Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to enforce interactive keytool? Post 302994850 by Corona688 on Tuesday 28th of March 2017 03:38:10 PM
Old 03-28-2017
Code:
while read LINE
do
        something-that-needs-terminal < /dev/tty
done < inputfile

I'm a little surprised keytool doesn't do this automatically, though. Usually things that read passwords absolutely insist on using the terminal. But if it's a bulk generation tool it makes sense.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

How to enforce users not to modify their command history.

As a system administrator. sometimes we see the users are trying some commands dangerous for the system health and remove them from their individual coomand history file. How it is possible to enforce that the normal usres will will not be able to modify the history. Thanks in advance. Partha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: partha_bhunia
4 Replies

2. Solaris

How to enforce login as specific user in Solaris

Hi, I need to implement something that will enforce login to a Solaris server as a particular, specifed user. After this login stage, users will be able to "su -" to whichever user they wish, by which time their activity will be captured by some sort of script (yet to be written). What I need... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamiegeo1
7 Replies

3. Solaris

How to enforce all users to change their password

Hi All, How to enforce all users to change their password when they try to login. I am having Solaris 9 and 10. Even it would be much better if anyone can say to enforce all users to change their password next morning they login. Thanks in advance, Deepak (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
3 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with Interactive / Non Interactive Shell script

Q. Write a script that behaves both in interactive and non interactive mode. When no arguments are supplied it picks up each C program from the directory and prints first 10 lines. It then prompts for deletion of the file. If user supplies arguments with the script , then it works on those files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rits
1 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to write script that behaves both in interactive and non interactive mode

Q. Write a script that behaves both in interactive and non interactive mode. When no arguments are supplied it picks up each C program from the directory and prints first 10 lines. It then prompts for deletion of the file. If user supplies arguments with the script , then it works on those files... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rits
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Keytool command to check expiration dates of certificates

Friends, I'm in search of a keytool command which pulls the expiration dates of certificates in keystore. I have around 200 certs in my keystore, so would like to know if we have any script/command which can pull expiration dates of certificates at one run. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fop4658
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How-to enforce check on getopts command

here is my script that expects the user to run it like ./best.sh -f /tmp/log.txt more best.sh #!/bin/bash while getopts ":f:" opt; do case $opt in f) file_in="$OPTARG" ;; \?) echo "Invalid option -$OPTARG" >&2 ;; esac done uname -a SunOS mymac 5.11 11.2 sun4v... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
15 Replies

8. Programming

Question regarding keytool

I first generated jks using keytool -genkey -alias keyAlias-keyalg RSA -keypass changeit -storepass changeit keystore keystore.jksThen i generated the csr using keytool -certreq -alias $addr -sigalg SHA256withRSA -keystore $addr.jks -file $addr.csr Below is how i self sign and generate the... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to enforce user to Enter text when login to a UNIX / Linux system?

Hi. I inject my tracklogin.sh script in the profile of each user. $ more .profile ./tracklogin.sh # This is the default standard profile provided to a user. MAIL=/usr/mail/${LOGNAME:?} bash-3.2$ more tracklogin.sh #!/bin/bash tdate=$(date +"%d%m%y") mkdir -p /tmp/root_log... (20 Replies)
20 Replies
PTY(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    PTY(4)

NAME
pty -- BSD-style compatibility pseudo-terminal driver SYNOPSIS
device pty DESCRIPTION
The pty driver provides support for the traditional BSD naming scheme that was used for accessing pseudo-terminals. When the device /dev/ptyXX is being opened, a new terminal shall be created with the pts(4) driver. A device node for this terminal shall be created, which has the name /dev/ttyXX. New code should not try to allocate pseudo-terminals using this interface. It is only provided for compatibility with older C libraries that tried to open such devices when posix_openpt(2) was being called. FILES
The BSD-style compatibility pseudo-terminal driver uses the following device names: /dev/pty[l-sL-S][0-9a-v] Pseudo-terminal master devices. /dev/tty[l-sL-S][0-9a-v] Pseudo-terminal slave devices. DIAGNOSTICS
None. SEE ALSO
posix_openpt(2), pts(4), tty(4) HISTORY
A pseudo-terminal driver appeared in 4.2BSD. BUGS
Unlike previous implementations, the master slave device nodes are destroyed when the PTY becomes unused. A call to stat(2) on a nonexistent master device will already cause a new master device node to be created. The master device can only be destroyed by opening and closing it. The pty driver cannot be unloaded, because it cannot determine if it is being used. BSD
August 20, 2008 BSD