Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cyber wall? just for me?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Cyber wall? just for me? Post 302994667 by hicksd8 on Sunday 26th of March 2017 02:38:08 PM
Old 03-26-2017
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking either so what I'm about to write may not be relevant but a way to circumvent the blocking is to configure your browser to use a proxy in the target country(e.g. the UK) which will make the web server think you are local.

Search the web for "free proxy list" and pick a suitable proxy. Check that you can ping it and then configure your browser to use it.

Hope that helps. (I'm a UK resident)
This User Gave Thanks to hicksd8 For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

wall commands

I would like to know when using the wall command can I send a message to a specific user that is logged in. Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nascar.fan
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

wall

is there a command to send all terminals a message. i tired wall, but it only sends the message to who ever is logged in at a terminal. i need a command to send to every terminal no matter if someone is logged in or not. Thanks! -The DJ (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: djatwork
11 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

(Preprint) Human Cyber Consciousness - The Next Frontier

Preprint available at Amazon (Publication date: May 31, 2018): Preprint Cancelled. See this update. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Human Cyber Consciousness: The Next Frontier in Cybersecurity

FYI, I am planning to release the first book in a new mini-series the end of May: Pre-Order Cancelled. See this update. (Cyberspace Situational Awareness Book 1) https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums215-picture844.jpg If anyone want to write a short book for this mini-series, or... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Cyber Dystopia Teaser (720 HD)

Working on a new cybersecurity, dystopian world series and made a short 2 min teaser today. Cyber Dystopia (720 HD) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9Ca07J_YC8 If anyone has any ideas for the story, please write out some story lines in the comments and join the production team! (1 Reply)
1 Replies
ssh-socks5-proxy-connect(1)					   User Commands				       ssh-socks5-proxy-connect(1)

NAME
ssh-socks5-proxy-connect - Secure Shell proxy for SOCKS5 SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/ssh/ssh-socks5-proxy-connect [-h socks5_proxy_host] [-p socks5_proxy_port] connect_host connect_port DESCRIPTION
A proxy command for ssh(1) that uses SOCKS5 (RFC 1928). Typical use is where connections external to a network are only allowed via a socks gateway server. This proxy command does not provide any of the SOCKS5 authentication mechanisms defined in RFC 1928. Only anonymous connections are possi- ble. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -h socks5_proxy_host Specifies the proxy web server through which to connect. Overrides the SOCKS5_SERVER environment variable. -p socks5_proxy_port Specifies the port on which the proxy web server runs. If not specified, port 80 is assumed. Overrides the SOCKS5_PORT environment variable. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: socks5_proxy_host The host name or IP address (IPv4 or IPv6) of the proxy. socks5_proxy_port The numeric port number to connect to on socks5_proxy_host. connect_host The name of the remote host to which the socks gateway is to connect you. connect_port The numeric port number of the socks gateway to connect you to on connect_host. EXAMPLES
The recommended way to use a proxy connection command is to configure the ProxyCommand in ssh_config(4) (see Example 1 and Example 2). Example 3 shows how the proxy command can be specified on the command line when running ssh(1). Example 1 Setting the proxy from the environment The following example uses ssh-socks5-proxy-connect in ssh_config(4) when the proxy is set from the environment: Host playtime.foo.com ProxyCommand /usr/lib/ssh/ssh-socks5-proxy-connect playtime.foo.com 22 Example 2 Overriding proxy environment variables The following example uses ssh-socks5-proxy-connect in ssh_config(4) to override (or if not set) proxy environment variables: Host playtime.foo.com ProxyCommand /usr/lib/ssh/ssh-socks5-proxy-connect -h socks-gw -p 1080 playtime.foo.com 22 Example 3 Using the command line The following example uses ssh-socks5-proxy-connect from the ssh(1) command line: example$ ssh -o'ProxyCommand=/usr/lib/ssh/ssh-socks5-proxy-connect -h socks-gw -p 1080 playtime.foo.com 22' playtime.foo.com ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
SOCKS5_SERVER Takes socks5_proxy_host operand to specify the default proxy host. SOCKS5_PORT Takes socks5_proxy_port operand to specify the default proxy port. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsshu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ssh(1), ssh-http-proxy-connect(1), ssh_config(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 30 Oct 2002 ssh-socks5-proxy-connect(1)