Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sssd not starting- failed
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Sssd not starting- failed Post 302994654 by Sridaran on Sunday 26th of March 2017 12:57:40 PM
Old 03-26-2017
Yes there is a centralized repo server which is updated w.r.t to kernel version 3.0.101, Its not connected to SUSE. I have compared the existing glibc libraries which is lesser version compared with centralized repo.

Also, I tried below:

Code:
zypper in -f *sssd*
zypper in -f libldb1
Zypper rm *sssd* -y
zypper rm libldb1
zypper in libldb1
zypper in *sssd* -y

Still same error message.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Starting up

:confused: I have put together an old machine with a 386DX CPU (40MHz) with 8Mb of RAM and a 160Mb hard disk. One guy told me that its still suitable for UNIX. Can enyone give me some hints on how to start? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: msm
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Starting X?

I just installed FreeBSD 4.5 and I want to find out how I can start and run X? When I boot I get taken to the command line. Xconfigurator doesn't want to work. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AMDPwred
2 Replies

3. Linux

Starting second X session

I've installed Fedora Core 2 on a machine on my home network. X Windows (GNOME) is set up and works correctly, when I log in from the console. However, when using Cygwin X from a different machine and trying to start an X session using startx it gives me the following error That makes sense... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Starting over

I am re-learning UNIX and want to download Unix to my lab for studying on the road. Any suggestions? Got several books, but need to run scripts :rolleyes: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DudeMan
2 Replies

5. AIX

SFTP Failed---Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0

Hi, While I am trying SFTP my machine to another unix machine , it was working fine till 10 min back. But now i am getting the below error "Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0" Could you please someone help me to solve or analyise the root cause... Cheers:b:, Mahiban (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahiban
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Cygwin X Server error: xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display

Hi, i got the following error when i tried to access the cygwin x server from a windows XP PC. "xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display" Alternatively, when i tried to access the same Cygwin X Server from another windows XP PC which is on a different LAN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HarishKumarM
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

starting programmer

Hi to all, I'm started to write some very simple loops in bash an i'm getting this error -bash: (the example is just to show when the error appeared) the code was x=o while do echo "hello" x++ done (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogodash
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Authenticating with SSSD / Kerberos against Windows Server 2012 R2

I'm authenticating with SSSD / Kerberos against Windows Server 2012 R2. I've setup credentails delegation using these options: Host * GSSAPIAuthentication yes GSSAPIDelegateCredentials yes GSSAPITrustDns yes For both client/server but no luck. I've read online that I need to run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devyn
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep a line not starting with # from a file (there are two lines starting with # and normal)?

e.g. File name: File.txt cat File.txt Result: #INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ1 INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ2 I want to get the value for one which is not commented out. Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanu
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Starting Applications With X

So, I wanted to see if I could just use X without a desktop. I installed Debian from a netinstall on a vm and installed xorg with apt. Logged in as a normal user with startx and had a big black background. Seemed like everything was working as expected, so I went to configure tint2 at start up. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
3 Replies
SSS_OBFUSCATE(8)						 SSSD Manual pages						  SSS_OBFUSCATE(8)

NAME
sss_obfuscate - obfuscate a clear text password SYNOPSIS
sss_obfuscate [options] [PASSWORD] DESCRIPTION
sss_obfuscate converts a given password into human-unreadable format and places it into appropriate domain section of the SSSD config file. The cleartext password is read from standard input or entered interactively. The obfuscated password is put into "ldap_default_authtok" parameter of a given SSSD domain and the "ldap_default_authtok_type" parameter is set to "obfuscated_password". Refer to sssd-ldap(5) for more details on these parameters. Please note that obfuscating the password provides no real security benefit as it is still possible for an attacker to reverse-engineer the password back. Using better authentication mechanisms such as client side certificates or GSSAPI is strongly advised. OPTIONS
-h,--help Display help message and exit. -s,--stdin The password to obfuscate will be read from standard input. -d,--domain DOMAIN The SSSD domain to use the password in. The default name is "default". -f,--file FILE Read the config file specified by the positional parameter. Default: /etc/sssd/sssd.conf SEE ALSO
sssd(8), sssd.conf(5), sssd-ldap(5), sssd-krb5(5), sssd-simple(5), sssd-ipa(5), sssd-ad(5), sssd-sudo(5),sss_cache(8), sss_debuglevel(8), sss_groupadd(8), sss_groupdel(8), sss_groupshow(8), sss_groupmod(8), sss_useradd(8), sss_userdel(8), sss_usermod(8), sss_obfuscate(8), sss_seed(8), sssd_krb5_locator_plugin(8), sss_ssh_authorizedkeys(8), sss_ssh_knownhostsproxy(8),pam_sss(8). AUTHORS
The SSSD upstream - http://fedorahosted.org/sssd SSSD
06/17/2014 SSS_OBFUSCATE(8)