Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Optimizing script to reduce execution time Post 302994641 by drl on Sunday 26th of March 2017 08:50:56 AM
Old 03-26-2017
Hi.

Portable among what hardware / software systems, what languages, what etc.? ... cheers, drl
This User Gave Thanks to drl For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script execution time calculation

I am writting a script in the ksh shell and am trying to find a way to report the total execution time of the script without requiring the user to specify the time function when executing the script. Does anyone have any examples they have used. I have been setting up two date variables (one at... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnsonbryce
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

To reduce execution time

Hi All, The below script I run daily and it consumes 2 hours approx. In this I am calling another script and executing the same twice. Is the loop below the cause for the slow process?Is it possible to finetune the program so that it runs in a much faster way? The first script: #!/bin/ksh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sreejith_VK
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

time of execution of script

i want to test whether a script has been executed in last 15 days or not....please help how can i do this...is there any copmmand there to know timings of last execution of any script (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: arghya_owen
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

need inputs on how i can change my script to reduce amount of time the script takes

HI , I have a list1 which consists of data that i have to search and a list2 which has the files that need to be searched .So basically i am using list1 on list2 to see if list1 data is present if found replace it .I have written the code using foreach loop for each list .This is taking the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madhul2002
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

get execution time of a script

Hi, I have a simple question. How can I get the execution time of a script and maybe put it in a variable? Another question. How can I get only time and not date and put it in a variable? I tried something with "date" command but with no success... If someone could help me... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moumou
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

execution time / runtime -- bash script please help!

Hello, I'm running a bash script and I'd like to get more accurate a runtime information then now. So far I've been using this method: STARTM=`date -u "+%s"` ......... *script function.... ......... STOPM=`date -u "+%s"` RUNTIMEM=`expr $STOPM - $STARTM` if (($RUNTIMEM>59)); then... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automation script to reduce the installation time

DELETED. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasuvv
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find execution time of script

i am using bash START=$(date +%s) END=$(date +%s) DIFF=$(echo "$END - $START" ) this code is not working (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafa_fed2
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To take script execution time

Hello Guys, I would like to know is there a way to take the script execution time For e.g i am having a script.sh i need to write inside he script.sh like Start time : 10-Mar-2016 02:30:35 all code over here ... End time : 10-Mar-2016 03:30:32 Script start time - 02:30:35 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Master_Mind
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to reduce the execution time

We are trying to execute below script for finding out the occurrence of a particular word in a log file Need suggestions to optimize the script. Test.log size - Approx to 500 to 600 MB $wc -l Test.log 16609852 Test.log po_numbers - 11 to 12k po's to search $more po_numbers xxx1335... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: KumarPiyush7225
10 Replies
HOBBITLAUNCH(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   HOBBITLAUNCH(8)

NAME
hobbitlaunch - Master program to launch other Xymon programs SYNOPSIS
hobbitlaunch [options] DESCRIPTION
hobbitlaunch(8) is the main program that controls the execution and scheduling of all of the components in the Xymon system. hobbitlaunch allows the administrator to add, remove or change the set of Xymon applications and extensions without restarting Xymon - hob- bitlaunch will automatically notice any changes in the set of tasks, and change the scheduling of activities accordingly. hobbitlaunch also allows the administrator to setup specific logfiles for each component of the Xymon system, instead of getting output from all components logged to a single file. OPTIONS
--env=FILENAME Loads the environment from FILENAME before starting other tools. The environment defined by FILENAME is the default, it can be overridden by the ENVFILE option in hobbitlaunch.cfg(5) --config=FILENAME This option defines the file that hobbitlaunch scans for tasks it must launch. A description of this file is in hobbitlaunch.cfg(5) The default tasklist is /etc/hobbitlaunch.cfg --log=FILENAME Defines the logfile where hobbitlaunch logs information about failures to launch tasks and other data about the operation of hobbit- launch. Logs from individual tasks are defined in the hobbitlaunch.cfg file. By default this is logged to stdout. --pidfile=FILENAME Filename which hobbitlaunch saves its own process-ID to. Commonly used by automated start/stop scripts. --verbose Logs the launch of all tasks to the logfile. Note that the logfile may become quite large if you enable this. --dump Just dump the contents of the hobbitlaunch.cfg file after parsing it. Used for debugging. --debug Enable debugging output while running. --no-daemon hobbitlaunch normally detaches from the controlling tty and runs as a background task. This option keeps it running in the fore- ground. STARTING TASKS
hobbitlaunch will read the configuration file and start all of the tasks listed there. If a task completes abnormally (i.e. terminated by a signal or with a non-zero exit status), then hobbitlaunch will attempt to restart it 5 times. If it still will not run, then the task is disabled for 10 minutes. This will be logged to the hobbitlaunch logfile. If the configuration file changes, hobbitlaunch will re-read it and notice any changes. If a running task was removed from the configura- tion, then the task is stopped. If a new task was added, it will be started. If the command used for a task changed, or it was given a new environment definition file, or the logfile was changed, then the task is stopped and restarted with the new definition. SEE ALSO
hobbitlaunch.cfg(5), xymon(7) Xymon Version 4.2.3: 4 Feb 2009 HOBBITLAUNCH(8)