Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Warning using 'find'.
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Warning using 'find'. Post 302994595 by f77hack on Saturday 25th of March 2017 02:44:20 AM
Old 03-25-2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInGermany
Get used to the following, that will skip "hidden" directories like .Trash/ .git/ .snapshot/ .Wastebasket/ ...
Code:
find "$HOME" -type d -name '.?*' -prune -o -type f -name 'sox' -print

Note the -print is important. Otherwise it defaults to also print the pruned directories!
but you will stuff if it's buried in a places like .cpan .R .conda

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Jumpstart -- Warning: Could not find matching rule in rules.ok

I just setup a new jumpstart server, and I'm having problems with rules.ok errors. I'm coming up blank after many Google searches, forum searches, etc..... This is the error I receive: Skipped interface e1000g1 Attempting to configure interface e1000g0... Configured interface e1000g0... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: christr
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

find command giving incomplete sentence warning

Hi , I am adding a line in my shell scripts to delete all the old directory with the below command. On running this command it is coming out with the message find: incomplete statement find /ersdg3/ERS/ERS_INPUT_LOGS/RIO/rio_archive -type d -mtime +47 -exec rm -rf {} What is wrong or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guddu_12
3 Replies
GIT-PRUNE-PACKED(1)                                                 Git Manual                                                 GIT-PRUNE-PACKED(1)

NAME
git-prune-packed - Remove extra objects that are already in pack files SYNOPSIS
git prune-packed [-n|--dry-run] [-q|--quiet] DESCRIPTION
This program searches the $GIT_OBJECT_DIRECTORY for all objects that currently exist in a pack file as well as the independent object directories. All such extra objects are removed. A pack is a collection of objects, individually compressed, with delta compression applied, stored in a single file, with an associated index file. Packs are used to reduce the load on mirror systems, backup engines, disk storage, etc. OPTIONS
-n, --dry-run Don't actually remove any objects, only show those that would have been removed. -q, --quiet Squelch the progress indicator. SEE ALSO
git-pack-objects(1) git-repack(1) GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 2.17.1 10/05/2018 GIT-PRUNE-PACKED(1)