Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Starting SSH in UNIX
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Starting SSH in UNIX Post 302994588 by Corona688 on Friday 24th of March 2017 03:01:59 PM
Old 03-24-2017
Which UNIX? The answer differs a lot between different implementations and distributions.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Starting MS Windows from UNIX

Hi there, sorry that this is a really dumb question from a UNIX newbie, but here goes. How do I start MS Windows (I think it is NT) from UNIX? The school I work for has a network server that has a UNIX shell (I think that is what it is called) and has some form of Windows on it (I think it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gorilla
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

starting unix

I was wondering if there is a unix version of an autoexec.bat, if there is where will it be? I am new to unix so please be gentle!! (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: imshelpdesk
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

starting out in unix

i am trying to learn cgi script (perl), i think to do this i need to download a unix system,/acccount, which i have tried to do on XP without success. Can any one point me in the right direction on how i get started. i.e what do i need to do to actually write cgi script for my website. cheers... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rerkskin
4 Replies

4. AIX

error while starting SSH on AIX

Hi all while giving command ssh start i am getting following error exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program ssh because of the following errors: 0509-150 Dependent module /opt/freeware/lib/libcrypto.a(libcrypto.so.0.9.7) could not be loaded. 0509-152 Member... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmalla
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to starting process as daemon using ssh command?

Hello, I need to run a command on remote Linux using the ssh command from my local machine. I am able to execute the command on remote machine using ssh but it's behaving strangely. The command is supposed to start a daemon process on remote linux box and the control should return back to me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitinshukla
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help!! Am just starting to learn UNIX

Dear ALL! i have just started learing UNIX. Can anyone pls let me how to write a program using command line to give product of two numbers /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chature
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help!! Am just starting to learn UNIX

Dear ALL! i have just started learing UNIX. Can anyone pls let me how to write a program using command line to give product of two numbers ? The program should ask like enter first no and so on. Also,i want to know a program which can display the digits entered in words. Like if entered "1"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chature
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH starting nohup'd process - not exiting

I'm trying to ssh into a remote server, run a script which may or may not start a nohup'd background process and then exit leaving the process running on the remote server. I'm looping through a number of servers to do this but the script hangs as soon as it comes to a server where the remote... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Steve_H
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Starting Scripts Using SSH

Hi all, Case 1: ./Myscript.sh param (on a first node) Another node: (In parallel i run the same script) ./Myscript.sh param (on a second node) Case2: From my host, using ssh: for i in $(seq $nb_lignes) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
0 Replies
libgnome-keyring(3)						C Library Functions					       libgnome-keyring(3)

NAME
libgnome-keyring - gnome keyring library. DESCRIPTION
GNOME Keyring is a system to store passwords and other sensitive data in a standardized way across all GNOME applications. A keyring stores a collection of encrypted passwords and encrypted information about those passwords. A user can have multiple keyrings, each for a different use, but there is a default one, called 'login'. There is also a special 'session' keyring which is not stored on disk and goes away when you log out. When a user logs into GNOME, the keyrings are locked and a master keyring password has to be provided in order to unlock each of them. GNOME Keyring includes an SSH agent which integrates with the gnome-keyring and user login for its passwords. It can also use the main X.509 private key store. GNOME Keyring will set the SSH_AUTH_SOCK environment variable when it starts up. The id_rsa and id_dsa files in ~/.ssh are automatically usable through the SSH agent without first 'loading' them. Other X.509 private keys marked with the 'ssh-authentication' purpose are also usable. Additional SSH keys can be manually loaded and managed via the ssh-add command. If you use another SSH agent(such as the ssh-agent included with OpenSSH), you may want to disable the SSH agent in GNOME Keyring to pre- vent ssh from using it instead of your prefered SSH agent. You can set /apps/gnome-keyring/daemon-components/ssh gconf key to false. This prevents the SSH component of gnome-keyring from starting up when the user logs in. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-libs | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gnome-keyring-daemon(1), attributes(5), gnome-interfaces(5) http://library.gnome.org/devel/gnome-keyring/stable/ NOTES
Written by Jeff Cai, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2008. SunOS 5.11 31 Jul 2008 libgnome-keyring(3)