Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Starting SSH in UNIX
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Starting SSH in UNIX Post 302994587 by T Long on Friday 24th of March 2017 02:54:22 PM
Old 03-24-2017
Starting SSH in UNIX

I have been working on my UNIX box for just over 1 month.
The issue I am having, I cannot get my SSH to start on the system.
I have a few rsync programs that are depending on SSH.

Can anyone please let me know how to get SSH started back?

Any assistance will be much appreciated.

Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Starting MS Windows from UNIX

Hi there, sorry that this is a really dumb question from a UNIX newbie, but here goes. How do I start MS Windows (I think it is NT) from UNIX? The school I work for has a network server that has a UNIX shell (I think that is what it is called) and has some form of Windows on it (I think it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gorilla
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

starting unix

I was wondering if there is a unix version of an autoexec.bat, if there is where will it be? I am new to unix so please be gentle!! (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: imshelpdesk
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

starting out in unix

i am trying to learn cgi script (perl), i think to do this i need to download a unix system,/acccount, which i have tried to do on XP without success. Can any one point me in the right direction on how i get started. i.e what do i need to do to actually write cgi script for my website. cheers... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rerkskin
4 Replies

4. AIX

error while starting SSH on AIX

Hi all while giving command ssh start i am getting following error exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program ssh because of the following errors: 0509-150 Dependent module /opt/freeware/lib/libcrypto.a(libcrypto.so.0.9.7) could not be loaded. 0509-152 Member... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmalla
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to starting process as daemon using ssh command?

Hello, I need to run a command on remote Linux using the ssh command from my local machine. I am able to execute the command on remote machine using ssh but it's behaving strangely. The command is supposed to start a daemon process on remote linux box and the control should return back to me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitinshukla
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help!! Am just starting to learn UNIX

Dear ALL! i have just started learing UNIX. Can anyone pls let me how to write a program using command line to give product of two numbers /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chature
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help!! Am just starting to learn UNIX

Dear ALL! i have just started learing UNIX. Can anyone pls let me how to write a program using command line to give product of two numbers ? The program should ask like enter first no and so on. Also,i want to know a program which can display the digits entered in words. Like if entered "1"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chature
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH starting nohup'd process - not exiting

I'm trying to ssh into a remote server, run a script which may or may not start a nohup'd background process and then exit leaving the process running on the remote server. I'm looping through a number of servers to do this but the script hangs as soon as it comes to a server where the remote... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Steve_H
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Starting Scripts Using SSH

Hi all, Case 1: ./Myscript.sh param (on a first node) Another node: (In parallel i run the same script) ./Myscript.sh param (on a second node) Case2: From my host, using ssh: for i in $(seq $nb_lignes) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
0 Replies
bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)					      General Commands Manual					       bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)

NAME
bssh/bvnc/bshell - Browse for SSH/VNC servers on the local network SYNOPSIS
bssh bvnc bshell DESCRIPTION
bssh/bvnc/bshell browses for SSH/VNC servers on the local network, shows them in a GUI for the user to select one and finally calls ssh/vncviewer after a selection was made. If the binary is called as bssh only ssh servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bvnc only VNC servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bshell both VNC and SSH servers are shown. OPTIONS
-s | --ssh Browse for SSH servers (and only SSH servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -v | --vnc Browse for VNC servers (and only VNC servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -S | --shell Browse for both VNC and SSH servers regardless under which name the binary is called. -d | --domain= DOMAIN Browse in the specified domain. If omitted bssh/bvnc/bshell will browse in the default browsing domain (usually .local) -h | --help Show help. AUTHORS
The Avahi Developers <avahi (at) lists (dot) freedesktop (dot) org>; Avahi is available from http://avahi.org/ SEE ALSO
avahi-browse(1), ssh(1), vncviewer(1) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)