Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: If loop query
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers If loop query Post 302994528 by RudiC on Friday 24th of March 2017 05:22:17 AM
Old 03-24-2017
@itkamaraj: You may want to phrase the arithmetic expansion like $(( (LENGTH+1)%3 )) to become an integer value, and using the mod function on LENGTH will fold back if APPEND passes 1000...?
@JSKOBS: it is always helpful if you explain in detail what "getting aborted" means, like adding error messages and input conditions.
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple loop query

Hi All Just started with shell scripts and am stumped by, what is to most of you no doubt, a simple issue. All I'm trying to do is prompt a user for input and writing to a log file. If the user types the word 'stop', then the program should halt. If the word typed is 'clear', then the log file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kutz13
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic update loop query on Sybase database

Hello Guys, I'm new to Shell scripting, and i need someone to help me with this issue: I'm trying to do a dynamic update query on Sysbase database table using shell script. Lets say, the Update query is "update Table set id=X" , where X is dynamic value for the loop index. If the loop is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alaeddin
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query regarding for loop.

Filename.txt My First Line My Second Line ::::While Loop::: Program: while read line do echo "$line" done < Filename.txt output: My First Line My Second Line Is it possible to use for loop to get the same output. I have tried executing below code but i get every word of my file... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL query in a loop with single sqlplus connection

Hi, I'm trying to build a shell script that reads a set of accounts from a file. For each account I need to perform a set of sql queries. So I have a loop with a set of sqlplus connections to retrieved my data. Is it possible to have a single sqlplus connection before entering the loop and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lsantacana
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to run query in loop for all acct nbr in a file..

I have a txt file with contents of acct nbr's like: 22222222222 33333333333 33445566778 I need to write a script which takes each acct nbr in the file and run the query like: select seq_nbr from event where acct_nbr='22222222222' and the query's output should be passed to a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh Putnala
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to run query in loop for all acct nbr in a file..

I have a txt file with contents of acct nbr's like: 22222222222 33333333333 33445566778 I need to write a script which takes each acct nbr in the file and run the query like: select seq_nbr from event where acct_nbr='22222222222' and the query's output should be passed to a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh Putnala
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query regarding the if loop

Hi friends, One of my shell program(test.ksh) contains the following if loop.Can anyone please explain me how this loop will work The shell script will be executed as test.ksh -d all The value of variables are user=all opt=-d if && then && _del_all_w=1 || _group="${1}"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kavithakuttyk
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk loop - substr and sub query

Hi there Looking for help with formating text output. I have following file 1ABC1234567890123Y 31-Jul-2012 1DEF1234567890124NMEDIUM 31-Jul-2012 193939312345889 YSMALL 31-Jul-2012 10093939312345889YSMALL 31-Jul-2012 1 YSMALL 31-Jul-2012 ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: viallos
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Infinite loop query

I have a script script.shwhich is scheduled to run at 11 AM everyday. # script.sh Code: ./scb_script.sh & unfortunately scb_script.sh is running today in infinite loop as respective files are not available. My question, when script.sh starts running tomorrow, will the old process be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JSKOBS
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop query...

Hi all... I am using a for loop for another part of AudioScope... Consider this code:- for n in {0..100} do if }" = "another_string" ] then break fi done This works perfectly except I am not sure if breaking out of a 'for' loop might cause... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
2 Replies
Scalar(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       Scalar(3pm)

NAME
Test::Data::Scalar -- test functions for scalar variables SYNOPSIS
use Test::Data qw(Scalar); DESCRIPTION
This modules provides a collection of test utilities for scalar variables. Load the module through Test::Data. Functions blessed_ok( SCALAR ) Ok if the SCALAR is a blessed reference. defined_ok( SCALAR ) Ok if the SCALAR is defined. undef_ok( SCALAR ) Ok if the SCALAR is undefined. dualvar_ok( SCALAR ) Ok if the scalar is a dualvar. How do I test this? sub dualvar_ok ($;$) { my $ok = Scalar::Util::dualvar( $_[0] ); my $name = $_[1] || 'Scalar is a dualvar'; $Test->ok( $ok, $name ); $Test->diag("Expected a dualvar, didn't get it ") unless $ok; } greater_than( SCALAR, BOUND ) Ok if the SCALAR is numerically greater than BOUND. length_ok( SCALAR, LENGTH ) Ok if the length of SCALAR is LENGTH. less_than( SCALAR, BOUND ) Ok if the SCALAR is numerically less than BOUND. maxlength_ok( SCALAR, LENGTH ) Ok is the length of SCALAR is less than or equal to LENGTH. minlength_ok( SCALAR, LENGTH ) Ok is the length of SCALAR is greater than or equal to LENGTH. number_ok( SCALAR ) Ok if the SCALAR is a number ( or a string that represents a number ). At the moment, a number is just a string of digits. This needs work. number_between_ok( SCALAR, LOWER, UPPER ) Ok if the number in SCALAR sorts between the number in LOWER and the number in UPPER, numerically. If you put something that isn't a number into UPPER or LOWER, Perl will try to make it into a number and you may get unexpected results. string_between_ok( SCALAR, LOWER, UPPER ) Ok if the string in SCALAR sorts between the string in LOWER and the string in UPPER, ASCII-betically. readonly_ok( SCALAR ) Ok is the SCALAR is read-only. ref_ok( SCALAR ) Ok if the SCALAR is a reference. ref_type_ok( REF1, REF2 ) Ok if REF1 is the same reference type as REF2. strong_ok( SCALAR ) Ok is the SCALAR is not a weak reference. tainted_ok( SCALAR ) Ok is the SCALAR is tainted. (Tainted values may seem like a not-Ok thing, but remember, when you use taint checking, you want Perl to taint data, so you should have a test to make sure it happens.) untainted_ok( SCALAR ) Ok if the SCALAR is not tainted. weak_ok( SCALAR ) Ok if the SCALAR is a weak reference. TO DO
* add is_a_filehandle test * add is_vstring test SEE ALSO
Scalar::Util, Test::Data, Test::Data::Array, Test::Data::Function, Test::Data::Hash, Test::Builder SOURCE AVAILABILITY
This source is in Github: http://github.com/briandfoy/test-data/tree/master AUTHOR
brian d foy, "<bdfoy@cpan.org>" COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (c) 2002-2009 brian d foy. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2009-02-12 Scalar(3pm)