Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash function using variable in it syntax error Post 302994497 by vgersh99 on Thursday 23rd of March 2017 02:00:48 PM
Old 03-23-2017
I don't see a matchig fi for if [[ $response =~ ^[nN][oO]?$ ]]
This User Gave Thanks to vgersh99 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash: how to call function having it's name in variable?

Hello. Looking for a method of modularizing my bash script, I am stuck with such a problem. For example, I have: MODULE_NAME="test" FUNCTION_NAME="run" How do I can a function with name test_run? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: FractalizeR
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH Script syntax error

I'm trying to write a simple script that takes all the .tar.gz files in a directory and verifies them by using the gzip -tv command: for zip in *.tar.gz do gzip -tv $zip if ; then #Check return code from tar echo "File ${zip} verified OK." exit... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kelldan
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash syntax error: command not found

I am trying to create a shell that asks the user to enter their name, and compare it to my own by saying we have the same name or saying my name and that they have a nice name too. Here is my script... #!/bin/bash-x echo "Enter your name". read name if then echo "My name is Adam too"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amaxey45
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax Error while using CMP function

Hi All, I am getting a syntax error message while trying to compare 2 files using the compare function (LINUX) command substitution: line 79: syntax error near unexpected token `(' command substitution: line 79: `cmp -s <(tr , \n < $COMMON_TMP/nt_per_gs.done | sort) <(tr , \n <... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable syntax error in $?

hi all , i just tried to take the status of previous command inside the script using echo $?. It throws me a variable syntax error , but when i use echo $? as an individual command it works perfectly . can anyone Please tell me why am getting a variable syntax error when i use echo $?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahul619
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH: variable and function scope and subscripts

Hi, I'm a Delphi developer new to linux, new to this forums and new to BASH programming and got a new task in my work: maintaining an existing set of BASH scripts. First thing I want to do is making the code more reliable as in my opinion it's really bad written. So here's the quest: I'm... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rse
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function works, trigger causes syntax error, whats my fault??

Needing a hint. Creating that function called Meter my simple script works well. What I want now is to start the last four commented lines to include or trigger a reaction, if there are more than n lines in that .txt-file it shall display that message for example. But the interpreter says there is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1in10
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash syntax error

while read line do mkdir $line scp -r Docking_results/docking_$line.pdb $line/ cd /$line/ set a=`grep ENDMDL docking_'$line'.pdb | wc -l` set b=`expr $a - 2` csplit -k -s -n 3 -f docking_'$line'. docking'$line'.pdb '/^ENDMDL/+1' '{'$b'}' foreach f (... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisjorg
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

-bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('

// AIX 6.1 I am getting a syntax error below. Please advise what to be corrected. :confused: runmqsc CERN.$(echo `hostname` | cut -d'.' -f1 | tr '' '').$(echo $environment | tr '' '') <<! | egrep -i '(FROM.NC.APPLIANCE)' | sort -u |awk '{print $2}' | cut -d '(' -f2 | cut -d ')' -f1 |... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error in subtraction in Bash

I am sharing a code snippet. for (( i=0; i<=$(( $count -1 )); i++ )) do first=${barr2} search=${barr1} echo $first echo "loop begins" for (( j=0; j<=5000; j++ )) do if } == $search ]]; then echo $j break; fi done second=${harr2} echo $second (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ngabrani
2 Replies
mms_rsp_type(3MMS)				     Media Management System Library Functions					mms_rsp_type(3MMS)

NAME
mms_rsp_type, mms_get_tree, mms_get_str, mms_get_attribute, mms_handle_err_rsp - MMS client functions for handling responses SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag...] file... -lmms [ library...] #include <mms_api.h> int mms_rsp_type(void *response); mms_par_node_t *mms_get_tree(void *response); char *mms_get_str(void *response); char *mms_get_attribute(void *response, char *name, void **prev); int mms_handle_err_response(void *response, int * class, int * code, char **message); DESCRIPTION
For these functions, response is the MMS response to an MMP command sent by the client. The mms_rsp_type() macro returns the type of the response. The following is a list of responses: MMS_API_RSP_UNACC unacceptable response MMS_API_RSP_FINAL success response MMS_API_RSP_FINAL_INTR intermediate response MMS_API_RSP_FINAL_ERR error response MMS_API_RSP_FINAL_CANC cancelled response The mms_get_tree() macro returns the parse tree of the response. The mms_get_str() macro returns the response string. The mms_get_attribute() function takes a response with name values looking for name, and returning the value associated with it. A client can call this function multiple times if the response contains multiple instances of name. When all occurrences of name have been found, NULL is returned. The mms_handle_err_rsp() function processes an error response on behalf of the client. It returns the error class, error code, and the internationalized error message if one was included. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, mms_handle_err_rsp() returns MMS_API_OK. If it encounters a processing error, it returns an error code indicat- ing the type of error. ERRORS
These functions will fail if: MMS_API_ERROR Unable to obtain error class or code. MMS_API_NOT_ERR_RSP Response is not an error response. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Uncommitted | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libmms(3LIB), mms_init(3MMS), mms_send_cmd(3MMS), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 28 Oct 2008 mms_rsp_type(3MMS)