Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Idea for master thesis related to Linux : Redhat. Post 302994381 by vbe on Wednesday 22nd of March 2017 09:47:13 AM
Old 03-22-2017
Why Redhat ? Depending of the subject, I am not sure you will have all the information unless Redhat gives you access... Since its academic I would have thought you chose Debian if staying in Linux world...

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Distribute Master's Thesis Under GPL?

What does everyone think about distributing a Master's thesis under the GPL? If this license is not appropriate, is there a corresponding license which offers the same thing for documents? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenly
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Limitations of awk? Good idea? Bad idea?

Keeping in mind that I'm relatively comfortable with programming in general but very new to unix and korn/bourne shell scripts.. I'm using awk on a CSV file, and then performing calculations and operations on specific fields within specific records. The CSV file I'm working with has about 600... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
2 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Idea: selling Puppy Linux flash drives

What do you think of the idea of selling flash drives already prepared to boot Puppy Linux on PCs? (I still need to see if I can boot on Macs using online instructions I've found.) I know it's not too hard to prep your own flash drive, even if you have to buy one first, but just think about why... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrMormon
8 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Linux training and MA thesis

Hello. First, sorry for me English. I'm new here. I need help. I'm from Poland and I write MA thesis about Linux courses in Europe and USA. Please write name company (and www. if You know) in ours country how offer training from Linux, no matter authorized or not (e.g. RH or Debian) . I want to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chemic
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Idea needed regarding process related script

I want to write a script which will take two time as input parameters and display the details of running processes between the two times, any ideas about the script ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandip250382
6 Replies

6. Linux

How to create master+forwarder dns server in Linux?

Hi Team I have created one new dns server in lab and its working properly. Earlier we were using another dns server for lab pc's as 10.20.30.xx. which is outside the lab premises. now issue with newly created as its not resolving query as previous. I am told by some to use forwarder option for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: boby.kumar
2 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How can I replicate master master and master master MySQL databse replication and HA?

I have an application desigend in PHP and MySQl running on apache web server that I is running on a Amazon EC2 server Centos. I want to implement the master-master and master slave replication and high availability disaster recovery on this application database. For this I have created two... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Palak Sharma
0 Replies
GIT-CHERRY(1)							    Git Manual							     GIT-CHERRY(1)

NAME
       git-cherry - Find commits yet to be applied to upstream

SYNOPSIS
       git cherry [-v] [<upstream> [<head> [<limit>]]]

DESCRIPTION
       Determine whether there are commits in <head>..<upstream> that are equivalent to those in the range <limit>..<head>.

The equivalence test is based on the diff, after removing whitespace and line numbers. git-cherry therefore detects when commits have been
       "copied" by means of git-cherry-pick(1), git-am(1) or git-rebase(1).

Outputs the SHA1 of every commit in <limit>..<head>, prefixed with - for commits that have an equivalent in <upstream>, and + for commits
       that do not.

OPTIONS
       -v
	   Show the commit subjects next to the SHA1s.

<upstream>
	   Upstream branch to search for equivalent commits. Defaults to the upstream branch of HEAD.

<head>
	   Working branch; defaults to HEAD.

<limit>
	   Do not report commits up to (and including) limit.

EXAMPLES
   Patch workflows
       git-cherry is frequently used in patch-based workflows (see gitworkflows(7)) to determine if a series of patches has been applied by the
       upstream maintainer. In such a workflow you might create and send a topic branch like this:

$ git checkout -b topic origin/master
	   # work and create some commits
	   $ git format-patch origin/master
	   $ git send-email ... 00*

Later, you can see whether your changes have been applied by saying (still on topic):

$ git fetch	# update your notion of origin/master
	   $ git cherry -v

Concrete example
       In a situation where topic consisted of three commits, and the maintainer applied two of them, the situation might look like:

$ git log --graph --oneline --decorate --boundary origin/master...topic
	   * 7654321 (origin/master) upstream tip commit
	   [... snip some other commits ...]
	   * cccc111 cherry-pick of C
	   * aaaa111 cherry-pick of A
	   [... snip a lot more that has happened ...]
	   | * cccc000 (topic) commit C
	   | * bbbb000 commit B
	   | * aaaa000 commit A
	   |/
	   o 1234567 branch point

In such cases, git-cherry shows a concise summary of what has yet to be applied:

$ git cherry origin/master topic
	   - cccc000... commit C
	   + bbbb000... commit B
	   - aaaa000... commit A

Here, we see that the commits A and C (marked with -) can be dropped from your topic branch when you rebase it on top of origin/master,
       while the commit B (marked with +) still needs to be kept so that it will be sent to be applied to origin/master.

Using a limit
       The optional <limit> is useful in cases where your topic is based on other work that is not in upstream. Expanding on the previous example,
       this might look like:

$ git log --graph --oneline --decorate --boundary origin/master...topic
	   * 7654321 (origin/master) upstream tip commit
	   [... snip some other commits ...]
	   * cccc111 cherry-pick of C
	   * aaaa111 cherry-pick of A
	   [... snip a lot more that has happened ...]
	   | * cccc000 (topic) commit C
	   | * bbbb000 commit B
	   | * aaaa000 commit A
	   | * 0000fff (base) unpublished stuff F
	   [... snip ...]
	   | * 0000aaa unpublished stuff A
	   |/
	   o 1234567 merge-base between upstream and topic

By specifying base as the limit, you can avoid listing commits between base and topic:

$ git cherry origin/master topic base
	   - cccc000... commit C
	   + bbbb000... commit B
	   - aaaa000... commit A

SEE ALSO
       git-patch-id(1)

GIT
       Part of the git(1) suite

Git 2.17.1							    10/05/2018							     GIT-CHERRY(1)