Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? O'Reilly Site Lists 165 Things Every Programmer Should Know Post 302994356 by drl on Tuesday 21st of March 2017 11:37:39 PM
Old 03-22-2017
O'Reilly Site Lists 165 Things Every Programmer Should Know

Hi.

Interesting set of brief essays ... cheers, drl

Slashdot

10% sample:

Code Is Design by Ryan Brush
Continuous Learning by Clint Shank
Do Lots of Deliberate Practice by Jon Jagger
Don't Touch that Code! by Cal Evans
Floating-point Numbers Aren't Real by Chuck Allison
Install Me by Marcus Baker
Reinvent the Wheel Often by Jason P Sage
Verbose Logging Will Disturb Your Sleep by Johannes Brodwall
WET Dilutes Performance Bottlenecks by Kirk Pepperdine
You Gotta Care about the Code by Pete Goodliffe
These 5 Users Gave Thanks to drl For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. New to Unix. Which books should I read?

O'Reilly books - official link

Yesterday I saw a closed post by xramm which gave a link to O'Reilly online books. Vino closed it because of copyright issues. However, O'Reilly has a section on their website where you can read online copies of their own books - obviously not a copyright problem. Most are fairly old editions,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rhfrommn
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Create non-duplicate lists from two lists

File_A contains Strings: a b c d File_B contains Strings: a c z Need to have script written in either sh or ksh. Derive resultant files (File_New_A and File_New_B) from lists File_A and File_B where string elements in File_New_A and File_New_B are listed below. Resultant... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlv_99
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

trim 165 MB video clip with ffmpeg (only last 3 minutes)

Hi original video clip > ls -alh reallynotpr0n.flv -rw-r--r-- 1 jonny staff 165M Nov 18 19:57 reallynotpr0n.flvtrying to cut only last 3 minutes of the clip out. > ffmpeg -i reallynotpr0n.flv -vcodec copy -acodec copy -ss 00:52:00 -t 00:03:48 trimmed_video.avi ffmpeg version 0.7.7,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
3 Replies

4. IP Networking

How to establish site to site vpn - Linux machine and cisco asa?

Hi, I am trying to establish vpn between my linux server and cisco asa at client side. I installed openswan on my cent os. Linux Server eth0 - 182.2.29.10 Gateway - 182.2.29.1 eth1 - 192.9.200.75 I have simple IPtables Like WAN="eth0" LAN="eth1" (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokvpp
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

Does cisco 1921 router support site to site VPNs using IPSec?

Q: "Does Cisco 1921 router support,, act as an endpoint for, site to site VPNs using IPSec? If so, how many? " A: If you get the Cisco 1921/k9 with the security services bundle then it will have built in security features. Cisco, typically includes IP Sec tunnels I believe as part of that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ayaerlee
0 Replies
wsprintf(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 					      wsprintf(3C)

NAME
wsprintf - formatted output conversion SYNOPSIS
#include <stdio.h> #include <widec.h> int wsprintf(wchar_t *s, const char *format, /* arg */ ... );); DESCRIPTION
The wsprintf() function outputs a Process Code string ending with a Process Code (wchar_t) null character. It is the user's responsibility to allocate enough space for this wchar_t string. This returns the number of Process Code characters (excluding the null terminator) that have been written. The conversion specifications and behavior of wsprintf() are the same as the regular sprintf(3C) function except that the result is a Process Code string for wsprintf(), and on Extended Unix Code (EUC) character string for sprintf(). RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, wsprintf() returns the number of characters printed. Otherwise, a negative value is returned. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------------------------------------+ |ATTRIBUTE TYPE ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |MT-Level MT-Safe | +-----------------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
wsscanf(3C), printf(3C), scanf(3C), sprintf(3C), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 29 Dec 1996 wsprintf(3C)