Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Fedora Yum repository not working in Fedora 16 Post 302994237 by Swathe on Monday 20th of March 2017 06:40:15 PM
Old 03-20-2017
Is there any reason for you to stick with Fedora 16? It's fairly easy to upgrade between versions now if you start with a current release.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Local yum repository

Hi Friends, I have succesfully configured a local yum repository using ios image. Please let me know how i can synchronize the local repository with RHN. Is it possible, so that i can update the local repository with latest updates. Regards, Arumon (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arumon
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

Trying to install boost 1.4.1 without success maybe yum repository is wrong

Hi I following the tutorial to install boost 1.4.1 in centos 5.6 32 bit But without success maybe it doesn't find it in my repository in yum , but also when I compile the lib It doesn't find the libs . The tutorial link: Compiling gearman on CentOS 5.6 - gearman | Google Groups the error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Yum.conf baseurl is not working.

Hi friends, This is my /etc/yum.conf. I think my basurl and updateurl is not correct. When I am installing something, it is giving error. My yum.conf file is this : Please help me. Thanks, Mukund (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukundranjan
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

YUM GROUPLIST not working on SLES 11

I have a SLES 11 install with yum also installed. yum works when I try to install single packages. However, when i try the yum command: "yum grouplist" yum can not detect any groups. Is there some way to "enable" or install a grouplist feature in SLES 11 ? ==== details ==== SUSE Linux... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: toro95037
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

Configure yum repository

how to configure yum server to get rpms from any repository or redhat repo. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: leganti
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

local yum server on fedora 17

Hello friends I was creating local yum server from dvd but fedora 17 used pool method , i mean similar to debian for packages i.e a,b....z How can i create local yum server on fedora 17 like fedora 14,15,16 Any help Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rink
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Yum repository linking to ftp site of Redhat

I have a query that does Redhat have the link to the yum repository on its FTP site. In my environment, I have the file rhel-debuginfo.repo which has - baseurl=ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/$releasever/en/os/$basearch/Debuginfo. I hope, my question is clear that is there a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

Yum cannot install from repository

Hi guys, thanks for you help on this issue. I built a dvd repository on my server and when I try to install a package from it, I get this error ftp://10.0.0.12/pub/Packages/httpd-2.2.15-26.el6.x86_64.rpm: PYCURL ERROR 9 - "Server denied you to change to the given directory" I will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Yum not working on client while able to do the ftp

1)check vsftpd service is running service vsftpd status 2)mkdir -p /var/ftp/pub/Packages Packages will contain all rpm packages 3)copy the xml file to Packages folder #cp -arf /mnt/hgfs/share/RHEL_DVD/Packages /var/ftp/pub/Packages 4)install the 3 required rpm rpm --nodeps -ivh... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: joj123
0 Replies

10. Linux

Local YUM Repository for RHEL versions

Hello, I need to know regarding setting up of Local repositories so that I can update or install packages on other RHEL servers. In our environment we have many servers with different RHEL versions. Like RHEL 7.2, RHEL 7.3, RHEL 7.4, RHEL 7.5 Arch = x86_64 I have setup one Repo server;... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunshineMLinux
0 Replies
relup(5)							       Files								  relup(5)

NAME
relup - Release upgrade file DESCRIPTION
The release upgrade file describes how a release is upgraded in a running system. This file is automatically generated by systools:make_relup/3,4 , using a release resource file ( .rel ), application resource files ( .app ) and application upgrade files ( .appup ) as input. FILE SYNTAX
In a target system, the release upgrade file should be located in the OTP_ROOT/erts-EVsn/Vsn directory. The relup file contains one single Erlang term, which defines the instructions used to upgrade the release. The file has the following syn- tax: {Vsn, [{UpFromVsn, Descr, Instructions}, ...], [{DownToVsn, Descr, Instructions}, ...]}. * Vsn = string() is the current version of the release. * UpFromVsn = string() is an earlier version of the release to upgrade from. * Descr = term() is a user defined parameter passed from the systools:make_relup/3,4 function. It will be used in the return value of release_handler:install_release/1,2 . * Instructions is a list of low-level release upgrade instructions, see appup(5) . It consists of the release upgrade instructions from the respective application upgrade files (high-level instructions are translated to low-level instructions), in the same order as in the start script. * DownToVsn = string() is an earlier version of the release to downgrade to. When upgrading from UpFromVsn with release_handler:install_release/1,2 , there does not have to be an exact match of versions, but UpFromVsn can be a sub-string of the current release version. SEE ALSO
app(5), appup(5), rel(5), release_handler(3erl), systools(3erl) Ericsson AB sasl 2.1.9.3 relup(5)