Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Crashing machins at ESXI-6 killed by TERM signal Post 302994199 by RudiC on Monday 20th of March 2017 10:32:34 AM
Old 03-20-2017
Welllll - if its "someone" I'd be VERY concerned! People who can do a reboot should be easily and uniquely identifiable.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Create a Term & Run chars on this Term

hi floks ! i'd like to know how can i transmete a character or a string from my source code to a term and make it interpret or un by the shell wich is running in my term. I'd like to create a Term from my code (and get its file descriptor) and then transmete each char typed on the keyboard to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: the_tical
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search term and output term in desired field

Hi All, I have an input_file below and i would like to use Perl to search for the term "aaa" and output the 3rd term in the same row as "aaa".For Example, i want to search for the term "ddd" and would want the code to ouput the 3rd term in the same row which is "fff". Can somebody help ? ... (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
28 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to trap unix signal if the process killed/interupt occured in bash...

hey champs, I have a process running.......i have to catch/trap the signal when the process is being interupted/killed (kill -9 pid) option...... how can i achieve the same thru my process........ let my process is a.sh and it supposed to take 13 mins to complete, but due to some problem ,... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
15 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Killed by signal 15.

Hi all I have Master script, Main script ,and 4 Child script. Master.sh #!/bin/bash /export/home/user/Main.shMain.sh #!/bin/bash /export/home/user/Child1.sh & /export/home/user/Child2.sh & /export/home/user/Child3.sh & /export/home/user/Child4.sh &I run only Master.sh script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: almanto
1 Replies

5. Linux

Problem with dovecot (Killed with signal 15)

hey, i have been facing a very fatel error with dovecot.. i am getting this error in my dovecot.log file dovecot: Feb 13 15:21:02 Fatal: chdir(/var/mail/folders/user1) failed with uid 1001: Permission denied dovecot: Feb 13 15:21:02 Error: child 18732 (imap) returned error 89 dovecot: Feb... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: htshshrm2
3 Replies

6. Hardware

HP ML150G6 and hp esxi 5 (version 1.1)

hi I have found a note about compatibility of HP ML150g6 and hp esxi 5: "(1) Not supported by the HP ESXi Offline Bundle for VMware ESXi 5.0 version 1.0" But HP ESXi Offline Bundle for VMware ESXi 5.0 version 1.1 exists: HP ESXi Offline Bundle Is it (version 1.1) compatible with HP... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dailyadm
0 Replies

7. Linux

Check_esx_host_vmfs plugin issue while monitoring ESXi DS

Hello, I setup a check_esx_host_vmfs plugin for monitoring datastore status on ESXi server. But on configuring this plugin, this is working fine but it displays "WARNING" status on UI of Nagios every time. Currently my datastore size is 926.50 GB and right now free space available is 570.60 GB... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnysthakur
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Esxi INTEL cpu vs esxi AMD cpu

Hi i have 2 esxi. one is amd based cpu and the other is intel based cpu. i have a redhat linux machine that was created in amd cpu esxi, now i need to migrate it (powered off) to INTEL based esxi. will the redhat machine will be OK with that? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guy3145
2 Replies

9. SCO

Install SCO 5.0.7 on ESXi 6.0

Hi All, Can any one Explain Me Step by Step installing SCO 5.0.7v in ESXi 6.0 ?? When i was trying to install its is not booting into operating systems !! showing an error no operating systems in media !! Thanks in Advance!! Please take some time in helping me !! Kanthi Kiran K (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kanthi Kiran
3 Replies

10. Solaris

It is possible to install Solaris Cluster on ESXI host ?

I try many time to install and configure Solaris Cluster on ESXI, but i received the same transport error between. When i set manuel private (net1,net2) ip config i have ping between nodes. --node1 net0 - public net1 - private net2 - private --node2 net0 - public net1 -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
reboot(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 reboot(8)

NAME
reboot - Restarts the machine SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/reboot [-dlnq] DESCRIPTION
When the system is running and multiple users are logged in, use the shutdown -r command to perform a reboot operation. If no users are logged in, use the reboot command. The reboot command normally stops all running processes, syncs the disks, logs the reboot, and writes a shutdown entry in the login accounting file, /var/adm/wtmp. The reboot command uses the sync call to synchronize the disks, and to perform other shutdown activities such as resynchronizing the hard- ware time-of-day clock. After these activities, the system reboots. By default, the system starts and the file systems are automatically checked. If the start-up activities are successful, the system comes up in the default run-level. You must have root privileges to use this command. Using the -n flag can result in file system damage. FLAGS
Generates a crash dump of the system before halting it. Can be used with any of the other flags. Does not log the reboot using syslog Does not sync the disks or log the reboot using syslog Performs a quick reboot without first shutting down running processes; does not log the reboot using syslog EXAMPLES
To enable the default reboot action, enter: reboot This command causes the system to stop all running processes, sync the disks, log the shutdown, and perform other routine shutdown and reboot activities. To shut down the system without logging the reboot, enter: reboot -l This command shuts down the system and performs all shutdown and reboot activities, except logging the shutdown. To reboot the system abruptly, enter: reboot -q This command reboots the system abruptly without shutting down running processes. FILES
Specifies the command path Specifies the login accounting file Specifies the path of the syslog daemon RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: fsck(8), halt(8), init(8), savecore(8) shutdown(8), syslogd(8) Functions: reboot(2), sync(2), syslog(3) delim off reboot(8)