Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ubuntu 16 Bash strange output Post 302994180 by RudiC on Monday 20th of March 2017 07:09:28 AM
Old 03-20-2017
What be the output of either grep command?
Does fromdos run from the command line?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange output from grep

Hi, I am getting different output for grep depending which directory I am in. The following is a transcript of my session, I am using egrep but have also used grep -E. The directory names have been changed for security: $pwd /dir1/dir2/dir3/dir4 $echo 000000 |egrep -v $echo $? 1 $cd ..... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bab00shka
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

strange output

I had a similar script in solaris and it had no problem. I wrote this one in freeBSD and it gave me strange output. Can anyone please tell me why? thanks a lot #!/bin/sh #This is a shell script that checks file system capacity mounted on /home directory #If file system is over 90% capacity,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: k2k
1 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Ubuntu Jaunty's strange behaviour

Hi! My system seems to going crazy... Yesterday it flushes some settings, some settings it leave... I can't find the link between the settings it had reset: some of these settings I made two days ago and system was working fine and some more than a month ago. System's log says nothing. Moreover,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange error in bash script

Howdy all, I have a scritp that does a sqldump. But for some goofy reason, a certain part of it behaves uber strange. It does a daily dump of my sql, according to parameters I enter in hardcode. The script is: #!/bin/bash APP_NAME="app_com_site" wikiname="wiki_com_site" ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saariko
8 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Ubuntu strange behavior

It is so till login screen. I mean that when I boot my computer, Ubuntu shows a splash screen with mouse instead of Ubuntu logo and in the login screen it shows XUbuntu login screen... It began when I upgraded to previous kernel, I suppose, but I'm not sure... I can't say that it annoys me very... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Getting strange output of who -r command

Hi At OK> prompt, I have run the boot -s command After system is coming on to multiuser state, when I run the " who -r" command, I get the following message # who -r run-level Oct 17 03:48 last= Means I dont see "S" after run-level keyword. Could any one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

strange output with du

Can someone please explain why I get two outputs with the du command? The first one gave me one. I also didn't ask for the second directory so why did it give that directory? $ du -h "/media/Part 1/Desktop/playlist" 775M /media/Part 1/Desktop/playlist $ du -h "/media/Part... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange suppression of output with bash and cygwin

Hi, although I am not expert in bash, so please forgive me if this is silly, I think that this is strange: I have this command: find . -type f -print0 |xargs -0 grep -i -e 'some rexp' and it works fine. But when I create a bash script (on cygwin) to run this command, there is no output !!!... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Niki999
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange output from find

How can I prevent find from outputting the directory name /home/xxxxxxxx/Backup/.system (which isn't even "other writable"? I am trying to search for files that are "world writable" on a shared web host using the find statement, and I want to prevent find from creating an error (because the of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixie
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Echo's strange output

Hi, Kindly help me to understand the behavior or logic of the below shell command $ echo $!# echo $echo $ $ $ echo !$# echo $# 0 I am using GNU bash, version 3.2.25(1)-release (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies
vbim(1) 							 The VoxBo Manual							   vbim(1)

NAME
vbim - manipulate 3D and 4D volumes SYNOPSIS
vbim <flag> ... DESCRIPTION
vbim is part of the VoxBo suite of tools for brain image analysis. vbim is a multi-purpose program that applies various simple manipulations to 3D and 4D images. OPTIONS
vbim performs a set of operations, specified by option flags, in sequence. To get a complete list of available flags, run the program with no arguments. EXAMPLES
To get very basic info about a file: vbim foo.nii -info To get more detailed information about the data within a mask: vbim foo.nii -regioninfo mask.nii To apply a mask to a 3D image and write out the result: vbim image.nii -mask mask.nii -write maskedimage.nii To mask a 4D image: vbim image.nii -mask mask.nii -write4D maskedimage.nii To average a bunch of 3D volumes: vbim *.nii.gz -average -write mean.nii.gz To create a lesion count map from a set of lesion masks: vbim *.nii -count -write count.nii.gz To create a 4D volume (20x20x20 voxels, 32-bit int, 10 time points) of random data with a mean of 100 and sd of 10: vbim -newvol 20 20 20 10 int32 -addnoise 100 10 -write3d myvol.nii NOTES
AVAILABILITY
Pre-built VoxBo binaries are available for Linux, OSX, and Cygwin, and via the NeuroDebian project (neuro.debian.net) for Debian deriva- tives. CAVEATS
VoxBo is provided with no warranty whatsoever. AUTHOR
For an historical roster of the VoxBo development team, visit www.voxbo.org. SEE ALSO
For detailed help on any VoxBo command-line program, run it with no arguments. For graphical programs, use the -h flag. For more help with VoxBo, for information about the mailing list, or to report bugs, visit the web site at www.voxbo.org. For information about file format support in VoxBo, see voxbo-fileformats(7). For general information about VoxBo, see voxbo(7). VoxBo January, 2011 (v1.8.5) vbim(1)