Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Daily script taking increasingly longer each day Post 302994159 by Threeze on Monday 20th of March 2017 03:07:17 AM
Old 03-20-2017
My known_hosts file is surprisingly large. With the way I wrote the script it would have plateaued over time (don't ask), so my question is could a very large known_hosts file slow down SSH connection time? I would guess that it could take longer to validate an actively initiating SSH connection...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Telnet connection to Sco Unixware from Windows 2000 taking longer !!!

Telnet connection to SCO Unixware server taking longer to return the Login prompt !!! Thanx in advance for any suggestions or help in this regard . Cheers KBiswas (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kbiswas
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need a script to do daily backups

So I have a set of directories and files that I need to backup from /directory1/ to /directory2/ each night. I have some UNIX/SSH knowledge but don't assume I know a whole lot b/c I would hate to screw something up. Here's the knowledge I have: I can access my server via SSH and can navigate to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: JPigford
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a shell script to find whether the first day of the month is a working day

Hi , I am relatively new to unix... Can u pls help me out to find out if the first day of the month is a working day ie from (Monday to Friday)...using Date and If clause in Korn shell.. This is very urgent. Thanks for ur help... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find previous month last day minus one day timestamp

Hi All, I need to find the previous month last day minus one day, using shell script. Can you guys help me to do this. My Requirment is as below: Input for me will be 2000909(YYYYMM) I need the previous months last day minus 1 day timestamp. That is i need 2000908 months last day minus ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.raos
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run a .sh script daily

Hi, I juat wondering how can you set it up so that .sh files will execute automatically once a day. from google I've got use crontab but when I type this into my session it say I am not allowed to use this programme. Any other ways to achieve what I'm looking for? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blackieconnors
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check if last modified day is previous day

Hi, I would like to write a script that checks if a file ('counter') was modified the previous day, if so erase its contents and write 00000000 into it. For e.g. if the file 'counter' was last modified at 11.30pm on 24th May and the script runs at 12.15am of 25th May, it should erase it's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hegdepras
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for daily use

I have a clear case command for example. ct lsprivate -co this displays the list of checked out files. and i have many views where i work daily I need a script which can run daily at our specified time. setting each and every view i have and list the check outs i have in them. and consolidate... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Syed Imran
10 Replies

8. Solaris

Copy via samba on vmware workstation with Solaris taking much longer than usual

i have a vmware workstation with solaris 10 installed on this. i copying 2 gb data via samba from windows to this vmware workstation. copy speed is 24 kb/sec. how i can speed up this copy process ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script is not longer working in the crontab

This is the crontab it is supossed to be running everyday but it didnt 5 0 * * * /export/app/CO/opge/scr/Informe_parametros_colombia.ksh >/dev/null 2>&1 Inside the above script connects to a database and extract data to a flat file, manually i run the script at about 2 a.m. and Works OK,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
6 Replies
SSH-ARGV0(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					      SSH-ARGV0(1)

NAME
ssh-argv0 -- replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling SYNOPSIS
hostname | user@hostname [-l login_name] [command] hostname | user@hostname [-afgknqstvxACNTX1246] [-b bind_address] [-c cipher_spec] [-e escape_char] [-i identity_file] [-l login_name] [-m mac_spec] [-o option] [-p port] [-F configfile] [-L port:host:hostport] [-R port:host:hostport] [-D port] [command] DESCRIPTION
ssh-argv0 replaces the old ssh command-name as hostname handling. If you link to this script with a hostname then executing the link is equivalent to having executed ssh with that hostname as an argument. All other arguments are passed to ssh and will be processed normally. OPTIONS
See ssh(1). FILES
See ssh(1). AUTHORS
OpenSSH is a derivative of the original and free ssh 1.2.12 release by Tatu Ylonen. Aaron Campbell, Bob Beck, Markus Friedl, Niels Provos, Theo de Raadt and Dug Song removed many bugs, re-added newer features and created OpenSSH. Markus Friedl contributed the support for SSH protocol versions 1.5 and 2.0. Jonathan Amery wrote this ssh-argv0 script and the associated documentation. SEE ALSO
ssh(1) Debian Project September 7, 2001 Debian Project