Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Question help
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Question help Post 302994139 by Scripter12345 on Sunday 19th of March 2017 05:38:16 PM
Old 03-19-2017
Question help

sorry wrong section.

Last edited by Scripter12345; 03-19-2017 at 07:04 PM..

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Yet Another Question

Now that I have getch() to work, I have yet another problem. BTW, thank you for answering these questions, I do ask a lot, only because I am eager to know, what is a board used for anyways :) Ok, he's the problem... #include iostream.h #include conio.h int main() { char movement; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbolthouse
2 Replies

2. Solaris

vi question

Im trying to edit a 113 meg file in VI and i get the error TMP FILE TOO LARGE. Does someone know how to get around this? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mv question

Hello if I like to move file from defined directories system to new directory that not contained any directories system structure . But I like to create the same file system structure as source directory for example : I have 2 directories: foo1 and foo2 foo1 have directories and foo2 have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question

hallo, ik heb hier een vraagje. hoeveel gebruikers kunnen er op 1 unix systeem. hopelijk antwoorden golle nu want ik moet da vinde voor school en die leerkracht zaagt. :p groetjes eu wacht wa was mijne nick ah ja vraagje groetjes vraagje ik kan geen engels dus antwoord liever in het... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vraagje
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

question about wc

Hey my friend was asking me if i knew a way to cout how many different words in a file. I told him no not off hand, but i was thinking about it, and i started to wonder also. I imagine this is probably pretty simple im just missing something, I keep confusing my self with how you would compair and... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: yodadbl07
16 Replies

6. Hardware

question

How to add 3 moniters to a pc set up? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: clicstic
2 Replies

7. AIX

df question

Hi, Can anyone please explain a little about df command. I have following question: Following example is showing % used as 4 where as total free blocks are 15.46 out of 16.00 MB blocks. df -m /test Filesystem MBblocks Free %Used Iused %Iused ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsabhi9
5 Replies
DH_INSTALLMAN(1)						     Debhelper							  DH_INSTALLMAN(1)

NAME
dh_installman - install man pages into package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_installman [debhelperoptions] [manpage...] DESCRIPTION
dh_installman is a debhelper program that handles installing man pages into the correct locations in package build directories. You tell it what man pages go in your packages, and it figures out where to install them based on the section field in their .TH or .Dt line. If you have a properly formatted .TH or .Dt line, your man page will be installed into the right directory, with the right name (this includes proper handling of pages with a subsection, like 3perl, which are placed in man3, and given an extension of .3perl). If your .TH or .Dt line is incorrect or missing, the program may guess wrong based on the file extension. It also supports translated man pages, by looking for extensions like .ll.8 and .ll_LL.8, or by use of the --language switch. If dh_installman seems to install a man page into the wrong section or with the wrong extension, this is because the man page has the wrong section listed in its .TH or .Dt line. Edit the man page and correct the section, and dh_installman will follow suit. See man(7) for details about the .TH section, and mdoc(7) for the .Dt section. If dh_installman seems to install a man page into a directory like /usr/share/man/pl/man1/, that is because your program has a name like foo.pl, and dh_installman assumes that means it is translated into Polish. Use --language=C to avoid this. After the man page installation step, dh_installman will check to see if any of the man pages in the temporary directories of any of the packages it is acting on contain .so links. If so, it changes them to symlinks. Also, dh_installman will use man to guess the character encoding of each manual page and convert it to UTF-8. If the guesswork fails for some reason, you can override it using an encoding declaration. See manconv(1) for details. FILES
debian/package.manpages Lists man pages to be installed. OPTIONS
-A, --all Install all files specified by command line parameters in ALL packages acted on. --language=ll Use this to specify that the man pages being acted on are written in the specified language. manpage ... Install these man pages into the first package acted on. (Or in all packages if -A is specified). NOTES
An older version of this program, dh_installmanpages(1), is still used by some packages, and so is still included in debhelper. It is, however, deprecated, due to its counterintuitive and inconsistent interface. Use this program instead. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 9.20120909 2012-04-24 DH_INSTALLMAN(1)