Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grab text after pattern on the same line Post 302994107 by SkySmart on Sunday 19th of March 2017 06:10:16 AM
Old 03-19-2017
Grab text after pattern on the same line

data:

Code:
8iW5iPACIb5fafafEU24f3EOOjpakx6VwxBX+NafafxJMWX8iW5iPACIb5fafafEU24f3EOOjpakx6VwxBX+NafafxJMWX8iW5i
PACIb5fafafEU24f3EOOjpakx6VwxBX+NafafxJMWX8iW5iPACIb5fafafEU24f3EOOjpakx6VwxBX+
8nwR15UzfeZafaf2bGr8akx6VwxBX+NafafxJMWX8iW5iPACIb5fafafEU24f3EOOjp
lVpOoMLXJ   BUNLOES="343433434343mgg3383028383983mgg383827173494"  #BGLOFaakx6VwxBX+NafafxJMWX
8iW5iPACIb5fafafEU24f3EOOjpakx6VwxBX+NafafxJMWX8iW5iPACIb5fafafEU24f3EOOjpakx6VwxBX+NafafxJMWX8iW5i
PACIb5fafafEU24f3EOOjpakx6VwxBX+NafafxJMWX8iW5iPACIb5fafafEU24f3EOOjpakx6VwxBX+NafafxJMWX8iW5iPAC
Ib5fafafEU24f3EOOjp

i have a huge data file that contains text similar to the above. the text is a very, very long one line and it wraps around several times.

what i want to do is grab only a specific text.

in the above, i want a command that will grab the following text:

Code:
BUNLOES="343433434343mgg3383028383983mgg383827173494"

and will turn the "mgg" text into new lines, so that the final output looks like this:

Code:

Im looking for something efficient and portable. so naturally, that would be sed. i found the following:

Code:
sed -n -e 's/^.*\(BUNLOES=.*#BGLOFa\)/\1/p' data.txt

this sed command starts attempting to grab from point "BUNLOES up until #BGLOFa.

The command almost seems to work, but not exactly. im trying to do everything with one command instead instead of piping to awk.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search file for pattern and grab some lines before pattern

I want to search a file for a string and then if the string is found I need the line that the string is on - but also the previous two lines from the file (that the pattern will not be found in) This is on solaris Can you help? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

find 2 line numbers, grab text in between

hi, i have a large text file that I just want to extract the important information from. It will be a random number of lines but between two specific line numbers/markers. I was thinking I could get the line number for the first marker: Tablespace Percent Total Free Then get the line... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Da_Duck
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract pattern from text line

Gents, from these sample lines: ZUCR.MI ZUCCHI SPA RISP NC 2,5000 6 ott 0,0000 ZV.MI ZIGNAGO VETRO 3,6475 16:36 Up 0,0075 is it possible to get this: ZUCR.MI 2,5000 ZV.MI 3,6475 i.e. the first field, a separator and the first decimal number? (in Europe we... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vampirodolce
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi, the text line looks like this: "test1" " " "test2" "test3" "test4" "10" "test 10 12" "00:05:58" "filename.bin" "3.3MB" "/dir/name" "18459" what's the best way to select any of it? So I can for example get only the time or size and so on. I was trying awk -F""" '{print $N}' but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

The text line has the following formats: what.ever.bla.bla.C01G06.BLA.BLA2 what.ever.bla.bla.C11G33.BLA.BLA2 what.ever.bla.bla.01x03.BLA.BLA2 what.ever.bla.bla.03x05.BLA.BLA2 what.ever.bla.bla.Part01.BLA.BLA2 and other similar ones, I need a way to select the "what.ever.bla.bla" part out... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: Find start of pattern and extract text to end of line, including the pattern

This is my first post, please be nice. I have tried to google and read different tutorials. The task at hand is: Input file input.txt (example) abc123defhij-E-1234jslo 456ujs-W-abXjklp From this file the task is to grep the -E- and -W- strings that are unique and write a new file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TestTomas
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print text between two pattern in one line?

Hello all, I have one input file like this: List 1 mail a mail b mail c List 2 mail d mail e mail f mail g List 3 mail h mail i And I want something like that by using linux: List 1,mail a,mail b,mail c (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: benitto
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grab a block of data in a file with repeating pattern?

I need to send email to receipient in each block of data in a file which has the sender address under TO and just send that block of data where it ends as COMPANY. I tried to work this out by getting line numbers of the string HELLO but unable to grab the next block of data to send the next... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: loggedout
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grab text after pattern and replace

i have a file which contains data seperated by comma. i want to replace text after 3rd occurrence of a comma. the input file looks like this abcdef,11/02/2015 11:55:47,1001,1234567812345678,12364,,abc abcdefg,11/02/2015 11:55:47,01,1234567812345678,123,,abc abcdefhih,11/02/2015... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gpk_newbie
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to grab data in range then search for pattern

im using the following code to grab data, but after the data in the range im specifying has been grabbed, i want to count how many instances of a particular pattern is found? awk 'BEGIN{count=0} /parmlib.*RSP/,/seqfiles.*SSD/ {print; count++ } /103 error in ata file/ END { print count }'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies
TEXT2PS(L)																TEXT2PS(L)

NAME
text2ps - convert text files to PostScript SYNOPSIS
text2ps [ options ] [ files ] DESCRIPTION
Text2ps reads the input files (standard input if none are specified) and produces PostScript code which, when fed to a PostScript printer, will print the files. With text2ps it is possible to select any font, point size and number of columns. Options and files can be inter- mixed on the command line. Options are effective for all following files until they are overridden. Options Here follows a list of options that text2ps recognizes. Most numeric arguments are significant to one decimal place. Options are evalu- ated from left to right. Later options override earlier ones. -# n Print n copies of each page. (Default 1.) -c n Print in n columns. (Default 1.) -f font Print using font font. (Default Courier.) -p n Print with point size n. (Default 9.) -v n Use a vertical spacing of n points. If the vertical spacing is set to 0, the spacing will be 1.2 times the point size. (Default 0.) -l n Print n lines per column. When the line count is 0, print as many lines as will fit. (Default 0.) -r [p|l] Set the orientation to either portrait mode (p) or landscape mode (l). (Default p.) -b [+|-] Set page break mode. An argument + will force new files to be always printed on a new page (this is the default). After - new files will be put on the same page if there are still empty columns and the number of columns, the orientation or the number of copies didn't change. New files always start new columns. (Default -.) -mt n The top margin is n points. (Default 63.) -mb n The bottom margin is n points. (Default 63.) -ml n The left margin is n points. (Default 59.) -mr n The right margin is n points. (Default 59.) -mg n The inter-column gap is n points. (Default 25.) -t [+|-] If the argument is + the name of the file being printed will be printed on each page. If the argument is - the file name will not be printed. -t + implies -b +. -T text Print text as title on each page. This implies -t - and -b +. This option can be switched off by specifying -t - or -t +. (Default no title.) -F font Set the title font to font. (Default Helvetica.) -P n Set the title point size to n. (Default 12.) -B n Draw borders around each page. The number n specifies how to draw borders. N can have any of the following values or-ed in: 1 Draw a line along the left of the page. 2 Draw a line along the bottom of the page. 4 Draw a line along the right of the page. 8 Draw a line along the top of the page. 16 Draw a line between columns. This line does not connect to the lines along the top or bottom. 32 Draw a connecting line between the line between columns and the line along the top. 64 Draw a connecting line between the line between columns and the line along the bottom. When n is 0, no border lines are drawn. (Default no bordering lines.) -w n Tab stops are set every n spaces. Set the width of the TAB character. (Default 8.) -1 Sets up options to print in one column in portrait mode with the Courier font, so that you get 66 lines on a page. Equivalent to specifying the options -c 1 -f Courier -p 9 -v 0 -r p -l 0 -mt 63 -mb 63 -ml 59 -mr 59. This is the default. -2 Sets up options to print in two columns in landscape mode with the Courier font, so that you get two 66-line columns on a page. Equivalent to specifying the options -c 2 -f Courier -p 6 -v 0 -r l -l 0 -mt 63 -mb 63 -ml 59 -mr 59 -mg 25. Together with the -1 option, this is probably the most useful option. The name - means standard input. BUGS
Too many options. There is no way to specify where the title will be placed. If the font being used is not a constant width font and there are other characters than just tabs and spaces in front of a tab, the next character may not align properly. TEXT2PS(L)