Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using Isql for SQL SERVER to get the table rows counts in UNIX shell script to Post 302994062 by pimmit22043 on Saturday 18th of March 2017 10:10:36 AM
Old 03-18-2017
getting error message could not SQLexecute

getting error message could not SQLexecute.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

isql query in unix shell script

Dear all I want to execute some isql command from unix shell script. Kindly suggest me. isql command mention below. isql -U -P use gdb_1 go select count (*) from table_x go (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass pl/sql table values to shell script

Hello, i am using '#!/bin/bash', i want to make a loop in pl/sql, this loop takes values from a table according to some conditions, each time the loop choose 3 different variables. What i am not able to do is that during the loop i want my shell script to read this 3 variables and run a shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rosalinda
1 Replies

3. Solaris

bcp and isql for MS SQL Server on Solaris?

After dumping data from an Oracle database running on Solaris into a flat file, we need to run bcp and isql for MS SQL Server on the same Solaris box. Does Microsoft provide some tools that run on Unix? Thanks for your assistance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomstone_98
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to execute shell script in another server that contain sql.

hi all, how to execute shell script in another server that contain sql script. i tried using "ssh -l" option.. but i am unable to load the environment variable of the remote host. please suggest how execute the shell script contain sql part inside it. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep909
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to extract rows from table

I have an Employee with EID, ENAME and ESTATUS as columns in SQL. I want to extract the status of an employee and update the details if the status is 'A'. Can anyone help in writing the shell script. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vkca
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

connect to SQL server from shell script

Hi all, I need to connect to SQL server from shell script. Then need to execute queries from shell script. Kindly let me know on how to do this Thanks, Ananthi.U (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ananthi_ku
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to compare table counts...

Hello all, I am very new to unix. I am working on a DB upgrade. The requirement is to get count of all the tables in the database before and after upgrade and compare them. I found the below query to find the counts of all the tables: nawk -v v="'" '{ print("select " v ":" $1":" v... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkrisaak
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get full sql table data using shell script

i have a Oracle table like col1 col2 ---- ----- a 1 b 2 c 3 when i write a script for it , it gives me all the data in one column. Please give me the solution which gives the exact result like we see in sql editors. for a in `echo " set feedback off; set pagesize 40;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ss135r
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

connecting to table to extract multiple rows into file from unix script

I need to extract the data from oracle table and written the below code. But it is not working.There is some problem with the query and output is shown is No rows selected" . If I run the same query from sql developer there is my required output. And if I run the shell script with simple sql... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
7 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Write a shell script for SQL loader to load data into a staging table

Hi, I'm new to Linux. I'm working on a database, and need to load data in a database table (which I already created) using shell script. The table has two columns - Acct_number (not nullable) and date (timestamp). I'm not able to write a shell script for that. Can any one help me? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saisudeep
3 Replies
CATGETS(3)						     Library Functions Manual							CATGETS(3)

NAME
catgets - get message from a message catalog SYNOPSIS
#include <nl_types.h> char *catgets(nl_catd catalog, int set_number, int message_number, const char *message); DESCRIPTION
catgets() reads the message message_number, in set set_number, from the message catalog identified by catalog, where catalog is a catalog descriptor returned from an earlier call to catopen(3). The fourth argument message points to a default message string which will be returned by catgets() if the identified message catalog is not currently available. The message-text is contained in an internal buffer area and should be copied by the application if it is to be saved or modified. The return string is always terminated with a null byte. RETURN VALUE
On success, catgets() returns a pointer to an internal buffer area containing the null-terminated message string. On failure, catgets() returns the value message. NOTES
These functions are only available in libc.so.4.4.4c and above. The Jan 1987 X/Open Portability Guide specifies a more subtle error return: message is returned if the message catalog specified by catalog is not available, while an empty string is returned when the mes- sage catalog is available but does not contain the specified message. These two possible error returns seem to be discarded in XPG4.2 in favour of always returning message. CONFORMING TO
XPG4.2 SEE ALSO
catopen(3), setlocale(3) 1998-08-09 CATGETS(3)