Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions How to scan IP range using nmap? Post 302994001 by drysdalk on Friday 17th of March 2017 09:54:20 AM
Old 03-17-2017
Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying, I've not been available the last couple of days, but I'll see if I can give you some pointers here. I've taken nmap_scan.txt as the version of your script you intended me to look at, and all line numbers below are based on that file.

The first thing I notice is that you have either mis-spelled or un-defined variables in your script. For example I suspect that you meant to call the variable conunt on line 7 count instead, which you reference in what I surmise must be a debugging loop of some kind in the other attached file, though it does not seem to actually be required for your main script, so this single issue isn't too important.

On a similar note, on line 8 your nmap command is referencing an un-defined variable, line1. Perhaps you meant to use a variable that contained the currently-read IP address here instead ? You have at least one such variable defined elsewhere in your script that you could use.

Also, on line 10 you reference a file called scan.txt which is not referenced anywhere else in your script. If you meant this to be a line that searches through the output of nmap, then this filename should be the same as the one that nmap wrote its output to.

If you make these changes, you should find that your script runs, and populates parse.txt with the kind of output that you expect.

Hope this helps. If you have any further questions let me know and I'll be happy to assist further if I can.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Nmap

I am pretty new at running nmap ,and i have some doubt about some o/ps the nmap shows I tried to scan my own system for UDP open ports I see that if i use one UDP port say 13 It shows that its in open state , etc But if i scan for the whole UDP ports in the nmap-services . I gives te... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DPAI
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

nmap results

Hi, Whenever I tried to run nmap on my linux (red hat 6.2) boxes i got these outputs: 4444/tcp filtered krb524 6666/tcp filtered irc-serv 6699/tcp filtered napster 8888/tcp filtered sun-answerbook Can anybody please... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: necro
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nmap PHP FE

Hi everyone! I've temporarily come out of hibernation (and will be gone for about two weeks after this post too) to ask for input on a small PHP script I have just completed. The script aims to be a remote front-end for Nmap - now for the safety of this post, I ask that any replies refrain from... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Karma
6 Replies

4. AIX

nmap on aix 5.2

I'm trying to compile nmap 4.11 on an aix 5.2 machine and get the following error when attempting the 'make' command; make "Makefile", line 1: make: 1254-055 Dependency line needs colon or double colon operator. "Makefile", line 14: make: 1254-055 Dependency line needs colon or double colon... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zuessh
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

print range between two patterns if it contains a pattern within the range

I want to print between the range two patterns if a particular pattern is present in between the two patterns. I am new to Unix. Any help would be greatly appreciated. e.g. Pattern1 Bombay Calcutta Delhi Pattern2 Pattern1 Patna Madras Gwalior Delhi Pattern2 Pattern1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joyan321
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Nmap error

I 'm getting following error when i run nmap for an ip .. what could be the reason for it ? #nmap 10.22.67.18 Starting Nmap 4.68 ( Nmap - Free Security Scanner For Network Exploration & Security Audits. ) at 2009-07-06 19:07 UTC Warning: Unable to open interface e1000g3301000 -- skipping it.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

nmap scan for survey command

Hello guys, i'm having a problem with nmap, what i'd like to do is a scan to find around 100 or so IP address that are up, and that correspond to sites. The command i need should basically find sites through ip address randomly generated, let's say i generate 2000 ip, i'd like to know how many of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AscaL
0 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

Help with NMAP

I'm seeing a persistent address showing up on my firewall router logs. The address is 10.98.115.9:67, and is broadcasting to 255.255.255.255. I know that this would typically signal a BOOTP service, such as a bootp server announcing itself on the network. But I can't isolate which machine it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: renoir611
3 Replies

9. IP Networking

Why Nmap UDP need Root?

I was just wondering, why does Nmap need root when doing an -sU UDP Scan? Please and Thank You. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amreason
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to scan IP range using nmap?

Scripting language : Bash Shell Script I have to create function in which read IP addresses one by one from one file (ip.txt) and scan these IP using nmap. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sk151993
4 Replies
XSetPointerMapping(3X11)												  XSetPointerMapping(3X11)

NAME
XSetPointerMapping, XGetPointerMapping - manipulate pointer settings SYNOPSIS
int XSetPointerMapping(display, map, nmap) Display *display; unsigned char map[]; int nmap; int XGetPointerMapping(display, map_return, nmap) Display *display; unsigned char map_return[]; int nmap; ARGUMENTS
Specifies the connection to the X server. Specifies the mapping list. Returns the mapping list. Specifies the number of items in the mapping list. DESCRIPTION
The XSetPointerMapping function sets the mapping of the pointer. If it succeeds, the X server generates a MappingNotify event, and XSet- PointerMapping returns MappingSuccess. Element map[i] defines the logical button number for the physical button i+1. The length of the list must be the same as XGetPointerMapping would return, or a BadValue error results. A zero element disables a button, and elements are not restricted in value by the number of physical buttons. However, no two elements can have the same nonzero value, or a BadValue error results. If any of the buttons to be altered are logically in the down state, XSetPointerMapping returns MappingBusy, and the mapping is not changed. XSetPointerMapping can generate a BadValue error. The XGetPointerMapping function returns the current mapping of the pointer. Pointer buttons are numbered starting from one. XGetPoint- erMapping returns the number of physical buttons actually on the pointer. The nominal mapping for a pointer is map[i]=i+1. The nmap argu- ment specifies the length of the array where the pointer mapping is returned, and only the first nmap elements are returned in map_return. DIAGNOSTICS
Some numeric value falls outside the range of values accepted by the request. Unless a specific range is specified for an argument, the full range defined by the argument's type is accepted. Any argument defined as a set of alternatives can generate this error. SEE ALSO
XChangeKeyboardControl(3X11), XChangeKeyboardMapping(3X11) Xlib -- C Language X Interface XSetPointerMapping(3X11)