Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Help with ifconfig shell script Post 302993981 by amarshukla on Friday 17th of March 2017 05:49:28 AM
Old 03-17-2017
very close

Thank you very much for the precise code. The best I could make using your code is as below -

ip -o -4 addr | awk '{print $2 " " $4}'

it gives output as -

HTML Code:
lo 127.0.0.1/8
enp2s0 172.29.100.54/24
virbr0 192.168.122.1/24
Do you know how can I remove /24 from the output so that it would look like below -
HTML Code:
lo 127.0.0.1/8
enp2s0 172.29.100.54
virbr0 192.168.122.1
Thanks,
Amar

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ifconfig

I am trying to change an IP address on a machine running HPUX10 After I change it I can ping it from the outside but it completely locks the console. After a reboot it returns back to its previous IP. Any ideas?? Thanks Brian (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: breigner
7 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

ifconfig

Hi, I type (as root) "ifconfig en1 ether aa:aa: " but it doesnt change the mac of my airport. Can anyone help me? Thx. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jariya
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ifconfig!!!!

why the ifconfig command is not working in my machine? it says "-bash: ifconfig: command not found" why its says that? actually i m looking for "how can I know the Network Interface Card physical address?" Requesting u all for help. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: moco
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ifconfig and ipconfig

hey, I know that ifconfig on linux systems is identical to win ipconfig. I wanted to know if there is a linux distribution (new or old) that uses the ipconfig command. thanks alot :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsmotix
2 Replies

5. Solaris

ifconfig -a not working

Hi All, I logged into a sun microsystems server box, using both a vnc session and a ssh session. I am able to use "ifconfig -a" in a ssh session, but the same on a vnc session says that its a invalid command. how is this possible, when i am logging into the same box through two different... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pardhuhere
4 Replies

6. IP Networking

ifconfig modification

Hi all,,i have problem with my homework form my lecture.. He is give me a homework to create: ifconfig eth0 0.255.255.255 1.1.168.192 my lecture says, i can making the shell scripting to finish my homework.. i have question, can setting ifconfig like in the upper? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: demhyt
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to get IP address from ifconfig

I'm a newbie to linux, so pleases forgive me! I would like to find a script that I could use to extract a dynamic ip from the ppp0 and set it as a variable to be used in IPTables basically, if ppp0 ip address is 10.10.10.20, I would like a script that would set a var to 10.10.10.0. of... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: speedy3k
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I set up a shell script using ifconfig?

I am running on AIX 5.3. I have a remote AIX server running on a generator. Many times the generator goes out and I only have a window of 15 mins with the network up and 30 mins the server is powered. I need help creating a script using ifconfig, where it goes out and checks the network every 5... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIX25
2 Replies

9. Linux

ifconfig - information

Hi All, I need some info on ifconfig. ifconfig is available in Linux and Solaris. However the options available in Solaris is not there in Linux. 1. ifconfig -a == output is different in both OS. I am somewhat able to compare the output. But one thing I am not getting is after the flags... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahamed101
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

not able to run ifconfig

Unable to run the ifconfig in my home dir.. I did add adding /sbin and /usr/sbin in th PATH But still unable to get that .. Am using red hat linux cat /etc/redhat-release Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.3 (Tikanga) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
3 Replies
exit(1)                                                            User Commands                                                           exit(1)

NAME
exit, return, goto - shell built-in functions to enable the execution of the shell to advance beyond its sequence of steps SYNOPSIS
sh exit [n] return [n] csh exit [ ( expr )] goto label ksh *exit [n] *return [n] DESCRIPTION
sh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. If n is omitted the exit status is that of the last command executed (an EOF will also cause the shell to exit.) return causes a function to exit with the return value specified by n. If n is omitted, the return status is that of the last command exe- cuted. csh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit, either with the value of the status variable or with the value specified by the expression expr. The goto built-in uses a specified label as a search string amongst commands. The shell rewinds its input as much as possible and searches for a line of the form label: possibly preceded by space or tab characters. Execution continues after the indicated line. It is an error to jump to a label that occurs between a while or for built-in command and its corresponding end. ksh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the exit status is that of the last command executed. When exit occurs when executing a trap, the last command refers to the command that executed before the trap was invoked. An end-of-file will also cause the shell to exit except for a shell which has the ignoreeof option (See set below) turned on. return causes a shell function or '.' script to return to the invoking script with the return status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the return status is that of the last command executed. If return is invoked while not in a function or a '.' script, then it is the same as an exit. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
break(1), csh(1), ksh(1), sh(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 exit(1)