Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Basic Bash algorithm with sum/subtraction Post 302993955 by RudiC on Thursday 16th of March 2017 03:54:59 PM
Old 03-16-2017
Well, shooting in the dark, try
Code:
while IFS=, read NR SC; do [ "$NR" != "" ] && { ((NR+=100*(SC-${OLDSC:-$SC}))); OLDSC=$SC; echo $NR,$SC; } || echo; done < file

These 2 Users Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basic bash 'for loop' usage

Hi! I have a simple question about using a for loop. I'm trying to open up all the zip files in the currect directory with ark, but I am getting the error "bash: syntax error near unexpected token `for $i ; do ark $i ; done ; I looked in the info pages for bash, but I can't seem to figure... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Orange Stripes
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script, pattern matching + sum

Hi guys, i have been struggling to achieve the following and therefor looking for some help. I am trying to write something that will summerize the following output from my switches for daily totals. Basicly if $1 $2 $3 doesnt change, we can keep adding up $4. Probably would use a awk print end... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wratholix
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

subtraction in bash arrays

hi i am using bash shell to perform some subraction. here is what i have: i have a while loop and am using i as a counter. diff= `expr ${ARRAY1} - ${ARRAY2}` for example array1 has -0.7145 and array2 has -0.7041. when i try the above command, i get expr: non-numeric argument. any... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic Unix bash script help

Hello there Been using Unix bash scripting for two days now so am very new to this. I am currently doing a project now and i'm basically making a noughts and crosses game (or tic tac toe). I have created the board using an array. When I try and check to see if the array is empty using an If... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChrisHoogie
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basic bash, echo in loop for

Hi, I am trying to make a script to manage log. I want to write the name of the .gz I moved and the date : for i in `ls $replog/*.gz` do echo " $i " `echo $i date +%d:%m:%Y` `echo $datee `>> $replog/mrnet.log mv $i /var/log/vieux-logs done I need to echo... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dabless
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in making a basic bash script

Hi All, I am trying to monitor CPU load of few processes, with the same name. The output that I get from top is the following 28171 root 20 0 1089m 21m 3608 S 103 0.3 15:16.89 /opt/ppp//h264rtptranscoder.bin --videoPort=14504 --audioPort=14505 27589 root 20 0 1060m 23m... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: liviusbr
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Sum up for spezific Numbers

Hello everyone, I need your assistance with bash. I want to sum up some numbers, that's not the big problem i think, but the values i want to some depending on another number. For example, I have a file with some rows of content. Number 1, Number 2, other content. I want to sum up number... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bruder_Bruno
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Beginner bash - basic shell script 'while' help...

Hi everyone, first time visitor to these forums here. Keeping a long story short I've been attempting to learn how to code in bash. I have VERY little previous experience with coding languages besides simply copying and pasting batch scripts for Windows. So, with that in mind I've followed a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meta
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sum talk time in bash

Hello, guys ! I need a little help :) Lets say i have log files with "n" calls like this one : """"" <+825080825462>","+825080825462","60197774588","from-internal", "SIP/518-00013e14","SIP/eu.test.com_outgoing-00013e15","Dial",... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonfly85
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error in subtraction in Bash

I am sharing a code snippet. for (( i=0; i<=$(( $count -1 )); i++ )) do first=${barr2} search=${barr1} echo $first echo "loop begins" for (( j=0; j<=5000; j++ )) do if } == $search ]]; then echo $j break; fi done second=${harr2} echo $second (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ngabrani
2 Replies
TABS(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   TABS(1)

NAME
tabs -- set terminal tabs SYNOPSIS
tabs [-n | -a | -a2 | -c | -c2 | -c3 | -f | -p | -s | -u] [+m[n]] [-T type] tabs [-T type] [+[n]] n1[,n2,...] DESCRIPTION
The tabs utility displays a series of characters that clear the hardware terminal tab settings then initialises tab stops at specified posi- tions, and optionally adjusts the margin. In the first synopsis form, the tab stops set depend on the command line options used, and may be one of the predefined formats or at regular intervals. In the second synopsis form, tab stops are set at positions n1, n2, etc. If a position is preceded by a '+', it is relative to the previous position set. No more than 20 positions may be specified. If no tab stops are specified, the ``standard'' UNIX tab width of 8 is used. The options are as follows: -n Set a tab stop every n columns. If n is 0, the tab stops are cleared but no new ones are set. -a Assembler format (columns 1, 10, 16, 36, 72). -a2 Assembler format (columns 1, 10, 16, 40, 72). -c COBOL normal format (columns 1, 8, 12, 16, 20, 55) -c2 COBOL compact format (columns 1, 6, 10, 14, 49) -c3 COBOL compact format (columns 1, 6, 10, 14, 18, 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46, 50, 54, 58, 62, 67). -f FORTRAN format (columns 1, 7, 11, 15, 19, 23). -p PL/1 format (columns 1, 5, 9, 13, 17, 21, 25, 29, 33, 37, 41, 45, 49, 53, 57, 61). -s SNOBOL format (columns 1, 10, 55). -u Assembler format (columns 1, 12, 20, 44). +m[n], +[n] Set an n character left margin, or 10 if n is omitted. -T type Output escape sequence for the terminal type type. ENVIRONMENT
The LANG, LC_ALL, LC_CTYPE and TERM environment variables affect the execution of tabs as described in environ(7). The -T option overrides the setting of the TERM environment variable. If neither TERM nor the -T option are present, tabs will fail. EXIT STATUS
The tabs utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
expand(1), stty(1), tput(1), unexpand(1), termcap(5) STANDARDS
The tabs utility conforms to IEEE Std 1003.1-2001 (``POSIX.1''). HISTORY
A tabs utility appeared in PWB UNIX. This implementation was introduced in FreeBSD 5.0. BUGS
The current termcap(5) database does not define the 'ML' (set left soft margin) capability for any terminals. BSD
May 20, 2002 BSD