Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Rename files from multiple directories along with directory indicator Post 302993920 by RudiC on Thursday 16th of March 2017 06:39:43 AM
Old 03-16-2017
How about

Code:
find test -type f | awk '{T = $0; gsub ("/", ".", T); print " echo mv", $0, "temp/" T}' | sh
mv test/A3 temp/test.A3
mv test/test1/B2 temp/test.test1.B2
mv test/test1/B3 temp/test.test1.B3
mv test/test1/test3/D2 temp/test.test1.test3.D2
mv test/test1/test3/D1 temp/test.test1.test3.D1
mv test/test1/B1 temp/test.test1.B1
mv test/test2/C1 temp/test.test2.C1
mv test/test2/C2 temp/test.test2.C2
mv test/A1 temp/test.A1
mv test/A2 temp/test.A2

for the to- direction?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename files/directories based on their name

i have hundreds of directories that have to be renamed. the directory structure is fairly uniform which makes the scripting a little simpler. suppose i have many directories like this */*/*/*abc* (in other words i have similar directory names 3 dirs deep that all contain the pattern abc in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: quantumechanix
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename files recursivly in specified directories

Hi, This is what I would like to do. 1. Find all directories named "ByHost" in a specified directory 2. Rename all .plist files inside "ByHost" directories This is the way I have been able to do it so far. #!/bin/sh # # Rename ByHost files # # Thomas Berglund, 13.07.08 # Get the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thomas Berglund
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Renaming files after their directory name in multiple sub directories

So I am not sure if this should go in the shell forum or in the beginners. It is my first time posting on these forums. I have a directory, main_dir lets say, with multiple sub directories (one_dir through onehundred_dir for example) and in each sub directory there is a test.txt. How would one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robotsbite
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script to rename multiple directories

Hello I have a directory structure with year in format 4 digits, e.g 2009, below which is month format 1 or 2 digits, e.g 1 or 12, blow which is day format 1 or 2 digits, e.g 1 or 31. I want to change the names of lots of directories to the be Year - 4 digits , e.g 2009 - No change here... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: garethsays
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename files and directories with special characters

Hello guys, I was looking for a shell script that removes all the special characters from the files and the subdirectories recursively. I could not locate it any more. Dose any body have a similar script that dose that? Thanks for the help. AV (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: avatar_007
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files from multiple directories into one directory without overwriting them

I have several directories and all those directories have .dat files in them. I want to copy all those .dat files to one directory say "collected_directory" The problem is I don't want to overwrite files. So, if two file names match, I don't want the old file to be overwritten with a new one. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list all the files, directories and sub-directories in the current path except one directory?

Can anyone come up with a unix command that lists all the files, directories and sub-directories in the current directory except a folder called log.? Thank you in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manjunath B
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename the files in all the directories and sub-directories

Hi all, I have more than 12000 files in 46 different directories and each directory has 2 sub-directories named “dat” or “gridded”. Dat sub-directories have files with extension “jpg.dat” and gridded sub-directories have files with extension “.jpg”. I need to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move files from one folder to another along with directory indicator

Hi All, I have directory and it has multiple sub directories and all these sub directories contains many files. i want to move all these files to one different directory. But after moving files i should be able to recognize which file belongs to which directory. Is there any way to achieve... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnnsprapa
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to copy particular files from a multiple directories and paste in a new directory?

Dear all I have a multiple directories, say for example org1, org2, org3 ..... org100 and each directory having a file namely dnaG.fasta. I need to copy all the dnaG.fasta file from each directory and paste in another directory fastconcatg. Therefore, my script has to copy dnaG.fasta file from... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshkumarsrk
5 Replies
CGEXEC(1)							 libcgroup Manual							 CGEXEC(1)

NAME
cgexec - run the task in given control groups SYNOPSIS
cgexec [-h] [-g <controllers>:<path>] [--sticky] command [arguments] DESCRIPTION
The cgexec program executes the task command with arguments arguments in the given control groups. -g <controllers>:<path> defines the control groups in which the task will be run. controllers is a list of controllers and path is the relative path to control groups in the given controllers list. This flag can be used multiple times to define multiple pairs of lists of controllers and relative paths. Instead of the list of all mounted controllers, the wildcard b"*b" can be used. If this option is not used, cgexec will automatically place the task in the right cgroup based on /etc/cgrules.conf. -h, --help Display this help and exit. --sticky If running the task command with this option, the daemon of service cgred (cgrulesengd process) does not change both the task of the command and the child tasks. Without this option, the daemon does not change the task of the command but it changes the child tasks to the right cgroup based on /etc/cgrules.conf automatically. EXAMPLES
cgexec -g *:test1 ls runs command ls in control group test1 in all mounted controllers. cgexec -g cpu,memory:test1 ls -l runs command ls -l in control group test1 in controllers cpu and memory. cgexec -g cpu,memory:test1 -g swap:test2 ls -l runs command ls -l in control group test1 in controllers cpu and memory and control group test2 in controller swap. FILES
/etc/cgrules.conf default libcgroup configuration file SEE ALSO
cgrules.conf (5) Linux 2009-03-15 CGEXEC(1)