Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Fedora Yum repository not working in Fedora 16 Post 302993844 by muzaffar.k on Wednesday 15th of March 2017 06:48:33 AM
Old 03-15-2017
Yum repository not working in Fedora 16

Hi,

while installing/updating package using yum I am getting (repomd.xml) error

PHP Code:
[root@mindlanf-5 yum.repos.d]# yum list
Loaded pluginslangpacksprestorefresh-packagekit
http
://mirror.cse.iitk.ac.in/fedora-archive/fedora/linux/fedora/linux/releases/16/Everything/x86_64/os/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404 - Not Found : http://mirror.cse.iitk.ac.in/fedora-archive/fedora/linux/fedora/linux/releases/16/Everything/x86_64/os/repodata/repomd.xml
Trying other mirror.
http://mirror.cse.iitk.ac.in/fedora-archive/fedora/linux/fedora/linux/releases/16/Everything/x86_64/os/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404 - Not Found : http://mirror.cse.iitk.ac.in/fedora-archive/fedora/linux/fedora/linux/releases/16/Everything/x86_64/os/repodata/repomd.xml
Trying other mirror.
ErrorCannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repositoryfedoraPlease verify its path and try again
[root@mindlanf-5 yum.repos.d]
I tried yum clean all but still its not not working, please let me know the possible solution for this.

Regards,
Muzaffar

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Local yum repository

Hi Friends, I have succesfully configured a local yum repository using ios image. Please let me know how i can synchronize the local repository with RHN. Is it possible, so that i can update the local repository with latest updates. Regards, Arumon (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arumon
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

Trying to install boost 1.4.1 without success maybe yum repository is wrong

Hi I following the tutorial to install boost 1.4.1 in centos 5.6 32 bit But without success maybe it doesn't find it in my repository in yum , but also when I compile the lib It doesn't find the libs . The tutorial link: Compiling gearman on CentOS 5.6 - gearman | Google Groups the error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Yum.conf baseurl is not working.

Hi friends, This is my /etc/yum.conf. I think my basurl and updateurl is not correct. When I am installing something, it is giving error. My yum.conf file is this : Please help me. Thanks, Mukund (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukundranjan
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

YUM GROUPLIST not working on SLES 11

I have a SLES 11 install with yum also installed. yum works when I try to install single packages. However, when i try the yum command: "yum grouplist" yum can not detect any groups. Is there some way to "enable" or install a grouplist feature in SLES 11 ? ==== details ==== SUSE Linux... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: toro95037
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

Configure yum repository

how to configure yum server to get rpms from any repository or redhat repo. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: leganti
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

local yum server on fedora 17

Hello friends I was creating local yum server from dvd but fedora 17 used pool method , i mean similar to debian for packages i.e a,b....z How can i create local yum server on fedora 17 like fedora 14,15,16 Any help Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rink
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Yum repository linking to ftp site of Redhat

I have a query that does Redhat have the link to the yum repository on its FTP site. In my environment, I have the file rhel-debuginfo.repo which has - baseurl=ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/$releasever/en/os/$basearch/Debuginfo. I hope, my question is clear that is there a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

Yum cannot install from repository

Hi guys, thanks for you help on this issue. I built a dvd repository on my server and when I try to install a package from it, I get this error ftp://10.0.0.12/pub/Packages/httpd-2.2.15-26.el6.x86_64.rpm: PYCURL ERROR 9 - "Server denied you to change to the given directory" I will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Yum not working on client while able to do the ftp

1)check vsftpd service is running service vsftpd status 2)mkdir -p /var/ftp/pub/Packages Packages will contain all rpm packages 3)copy the xml file to Packages folder #cp -arf /mnt/hgfs/share/RHEL_DVD/Packages /var/ftp/pub/Packages 4)install the 3 required rpm rpm --nodeps -ivh... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: joj123
0 Replies

10. Linux

Local YUM Repository for RHEL versions

Hello, I need to know regarding setting up of Local repositories so that I can update or install packages on other RHEL servers. In our environment we have many servers with different RHEL versions. Like RHEL 7.2, RHEL 7.3, RHEL 7.4, RHEL 7.5 Arch = x86_64 I have setup one Repo server;... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunshineMLinux
0 Replies
createrepo(8)															     createrepo(8)

NAME
createrepo - Create repomd (xml-rpm-metadata) repository SYNOPSIS
createrepo [options] <directory> DESCRIPTION
createrepo is a program that creates a repomd (xml-based rpm metadata) repository from a set of rpms. OPTIONS
-u --baseurl <url> Optional base URL location for all files. -o --outputdir <url> Optional output directory (useful for read only media). -x --excludes <package> File globs to exclude, can be specified multiple times. -i --pkglist <filename> specify a text file which contains the complete list of files to include in the repository from the set found in the directory. File format is one package per line, no wildcards or globs. -n --includepkg specify pkgs to include on the command line. Takes urls as well as local paths. -q --quiet Run quietly. -g --groupfile <groupfile> A precreated xml filename to point to for group information. See examples section below for further explanation. -v --verbose Run verbosely. -c --cachedir <path> Specify a directory to use as a cachedir. This allows createrepo to create a cache of checksums of packages in the repository. In consecutive runs of createrepo over the same repository of files that do not have a complete change out of all packages this decreases the processing time dramatically. --basedir Basedir for path to directories in the repodata, default is the current working directory. --update If metadata already exists in the outputdir and an rpm is unchanged (based on file size and mtime) since the metadata was generated, reuse the existing metadata rather than recalculating it. In the case of a large repository with only a few new or modified rpms this can significantly reduce I/O and processing time. --skip-stat skip the stat() call on a --update, assumes if the filename is the same then the file is still the same (only use this if you're fairly trusting or gullible). --update-md-path Use the existing repodata for --update, from this path. -C --checkts Don't generate repo metadata, if their timestamps are newer than its rpms. This option decreases the processing time drastically again, if you happen to run it on an unmodified repo, but it is (currently) mutual exclusive with the --split option. NOTE: This command will not notice when packages have been removed from repo. Use --update to handle that. --split Run in split media mode. Rather than pass a single directory, take a set of directories corresponding to different volumes in a media set. -p --pretty Output xml files in pretty format. --version Output version. -h --help Show help menu. -d --database Generate sqlite databases for use with yum. This is now the default. --no-database Do not generate sqlite databases in the repository. -S --skip-symlinks Ignore symlinks of packages -s --checksum Choose the checksum type used in repomd.xml and for packages in the metadata. The default is now "sha256" (if python has hashlib). The older default was "sha", which is actually "sha1", however explicitly using "sha1" doesn't work on older (3.0.x) versions of yum, you need to specify "sha". --profile Output time based profiling information. --changelog-limit CHANGELOG_LIMIT Only import the last N changelog entries, from each rpm, into the metadata --unique-md-filenames Include the file's checksum in the metadata filename, helps HTTP caching (default) --simple-md-filenames Do not include the file's checksum in the metadata filename. --retain-old-md Keep around the latest (by timestamp) N copies of the old repodata (so clients with older repomd.xml files can still access it). Default is 0. --distro Specify distro tags. Can be specified more than once. Optional syntax specifying a cpeid(http://cpe.mitre.org/) --distro=cpeid,dis- trotag --content Specify keyword/tags about the content of the repository. Can be specified more than once. --repo Specify keyword/tags about the repository itself. Can be specified more than once. --revision Arbitrary string for a repository revision. --deltas Tells createrepo to generate deltarpms and the delta metadata --oldpackagedirs PATH paths to look for older pkgs to delta against. Can be specified multiple times --num-deltas int the number of older versions to make deltas against. Defaults to 1 --read-pkgs-list READ_PKGS_LIST output the paths to the pkgs actually read useful with --update --max-delta-rpm-size MAX_DELTA_RPM_SIZE max size of an rpm that to run deltarpm against (in bytes) --workers WORKERS number of workers to spawn to read rpms --compress-type specify which compression method to use: compat (default), xz (may not be available), gz, bz2. EXAMPLES
Here is an example of a repository with a groups file. Note that the groups file should be in the same directory as the rpm packages (i.e. /path/to/rpms/comps.xml). createrepo -g comps.xml /path/to/rpms FILES
repodata/filelists.xml.gz repodata/other.xml.gz repodata/primary.xml.gz repodata/repomd.xml SEE ALSO
yum (8) yum.conf (5) AUTHORS
See the Authors file BUGS
Any bugs which are found should be emailed to the mailing list: rpm-metadata@lists.baseurl.org or reported in trac at: http://cre- aterepo.baseurl.org Seth Vidal 2005 Jan 2 createrepo(8)