Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mail service
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Mail service Post 302993807 by Corona688 on Tuesday 14th of March 2017 02:36:16 PM
Old 03-14-2017
There's a lot more configuration in setting up a mail server than "enable sendmail".

If you don't need a full-on mail server and only want to send mail via something else's email account, you can look into the much simpler ssmtp.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

My Mail Service

Hello! Id like to configure my mail command, please, can anyone help me? thank you all (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jariya
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mail service

How to restart mail service ?? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moreg
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Need help with mail service on Sol 10

Hello All: I am trying to configure mail service on Solaris 10 and I am unable to send using mailx. It appears the server may not be listening on port 25: bash-3.00# mconnect connecting to host localhost (127.0.0.1), port 25 connect: Connection refused services is configured to use port... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hoo5091
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basic script for monitor send mail service

Hi All Need help Can any one share a basic script that is used for monitor sendmail service whether online, offline.etc in solaris Thanks in advance Zimmy (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zimmyyash
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to monitor BI service and trigger a mail

Hello friends, I am new to shell scripting.I am assigned a task in Unix to prepare a script which will check if OBI 10g services are running or not and to send email if the services are down.Any help will be appreciated. I tried searching for it in the blog and came across the following code ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pradeep467
1 Replies
wwsetup(8)						      System Manager's Manual							wwsetup(8)

NAME
wwsetup, wnn - Sets up the 8-bit option for sendmail and the Wnn character-cell input method for Japanese SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/wwsetup DESCRIPTION
The wwsetup script performs one or both of the following tasks: Enables or disables 8-bit transmission code, which is an option supported by sendmail software By default, sendmail uses the 7-bit SMTP mail transmission protocol that is the standard for sending mail over a TCP/IP network. Note that enabling the 8-bit option is not generally recommended because it violates the SMTP mail transmission protocol. Config- ures the Wnn software that supports a character-cell input method that is widely used in Japan If the Tru64 UNIX IOSJPWNNnnn subset is installed, the wwsetup script asks if you want to create the following links if they do not already exist on the system: /usr/local/bin/Wnn4 --> /usr/i18n/bin/Wnn4 /usr/local/bin/wnn --> /usr/i18n/lib/wnn The script also prompts you to enter the password for Wnn dictionaries if they do not already exist on the system. Both the links and the dictionary password must be in place before Wnn software can be used. SEE ALSO
Commands: sendmail(8), jserver(1wnn) Note that the jserver(1wnn) reference page is available only in Japanese and is included in the subset that contains Japanese translations of reference pages. Others: i18n_intro(5), Japanese(5), l10n_intro(5) wwsetup(8)