Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mail service
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Mail service Post 302993807 by Corona688 on Tuesday 14th of March 2017 02:36:16 PM
Old 03-14-2017
There's a lot more configuration in setting up a mail server than "enable sendmail".

If you don't need a full-on mail server and only want to send mail via something else's email account, you can look into the much simpler ssmtp.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

My Mail Service

Hello! Id like to configure my mail command, please, can anyone help me? thank you all (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jariya
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mail service

How to restart mail service ?? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moreg
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Need help with mail service on Sol 10

Hello All: I am trying to configure mail service on Solaris 10 and I am unable to send using mailx. It appears the server may not be listening on port 25: bash-3.00# mconnect connecting to host localhost (127.0.0.1), port 25 connect: Connection refused services is configured to use port... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hoo5091
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basic script for monitor send mail service

Hi All Need help Can any one share a basic script that is used for monitor sendmail service whether online, offline.etc in solaris Thanks in advance Zimmy (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zimmyyash
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to monitor BI service and trigger a mail

Hello friends, I am new to shell scripting.I am assigned a task in Unix to prepare a script which will check if OBI 10g services are running or not and to send email if the services are down.Any help will be appreciated. I tried searching for it in the blog and came across the following code ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pradeep467
1 Replies
SSMTP.CONF(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual						     SSMTP.CONF(5)

NAME
ssmtp.conf -- ssmtp configuration file DESCRIPTION
ssmtp reads configuration data from /etc/ssmtp/ssmtp.conf The file contains keyword-argument pairs, one per line. Lines starting with '#' and empty lines are interpreted as comments. The possible keywords and their meanings are as follows (both are case-insensitive): Root The user that gets all mail for userids less than 1000. If blank, address rewriting is disabled. Mailhub The host to send mail to, in the form host port | IP_addr port [: port]. The default port is 25. RewriteDomain The domain from which mail seems to come. for user authentication. Hostname The full qualified name of the host. If not specified, the host is queried for its hostname. FromLineOverride Specifies whether the From header of an email, if any, may override the default domain. The default is ``no''. UseTLS Specifies whether ssmtp uses TLS to talk to the SMTP server. The default is ``no''. UseSTARTTLS Specifies whether ssmtp does a EHLO/STARTTLS before starting SSL negotiation. See RFC 2487. TLSCert The file name of an RSA certificate to use for TLS, if required. AuthUser The user name to use for SMTP AUTH. The default is blank, in which case SMTP AUTH is not used. sent without AuthPass The password to use for SMTP AUTH. AuthMethod The authorization method to use. If unset, plain text is used. May also be set to ``cram-md5''. FILES
/etc/ssmtp/ssmtp.conf Contains configuration data for ssmtp. SEE ALSO
ssmtp(8) AUTHORS
Matt Ryan (mryan@debian.org), Hugo Haas (hugo@debian.org), Christoph Lameter (clameter@debian.org) and Dave Collier-Brown (dav- ecb@hobbes.ss.org). Reuben Thomas (rrt@sc3d.org) wrote the man page. BSD
October 7, 2004 BSD