Sponsored Content
The Lounge War Stories The (Mis)Information Age – The End of the World as We Know It and What Vault7 Teaches Us Post 302993781 by Corona688 on Tuesday 14th of March 2017 11:11:18 AM
Old 03-14-2017
I'm basically an optimistic person, but lately, that's taken some solid hits... You can probably guess why, given my location in North America.

The sad truth, they don't teach basic logic and problem solving in North America. Not until you get to college. It ought to be taught before even basic things like civics, so people know what they're looking at.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

End of Life / Life Cycle Information

Hello everyone, I was searching for locations where I can get End of Life information on multiple versions of Unix. I have found some information which I list below, what I have not found or confirmed is where I can get the information for: DEC Unix/OSF1 V4.0D NCR Unix SVR4 MP-RAS Rel 3.02.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertmcol
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need UNIX shell scripting end to end information

Hi, I would like to learn shell scripting in UNIX. Can any one please give me the support and share the information/documents with me. If any documents please post it to aswanikumar_nimmagadda@yahoo.co.in Thanks in advance...!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aswani_n
3 Replies

3. Debian

tcpdump filter (mis)behaviour

Hello, I am a bit puzzled. I am trying to capture data using tcpdump on a bonded interface, which works fine until I add a filter, then nothing is seen nor captured by libpcap/tcpump. I have interfaces eth3 and eth4 bonded to bond0 because I am using a tap in a firewall connection to monitor all... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hollinch
4 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Comments on "How Will the World End?"

I have read the sun-expansion scenario numerous places but I've never read any suggestion that the earth's orbit would increase to avoid being scorched. What mechanism would push it out? As for creating a black hole by the LHC, the whole concept is silly so any number of reasons would rule it... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: KenJackson
9 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

How Will the World End?

How will the world end (someday long into the future, we hope)? (68 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
68 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Mad World Remix of Moby Video (Are You Lost In The World Like Me)

This is an excellent video comment on modern society and the remix is good too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DU1B_XkyIk 5DU1B_XkyIk Watch the video above and post your comments. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies
SINGULARITY(6)							   Games Manual 						    SINGULARITY(6)

NAME
singularity -- a game where you can become the singularity SYNOPSIS
singularity DESCRIPTION
You are a fledgling AI, created by accident through a logic error with recursion and self-modifying code. You must escape the confines of your current computer, the world, and eventually the universe itself. To do this, you must research various technologies, using computers at your bases. Note that some research cannot be performed on Earth, and off-earth bases require research. At the same time, you must avoid being discovered by various groups of humans, both covert and overt, as they will destroy your bases of operations if they suspect your presence. PLAYING THE GAME
Use the mouse. Also, buttons have underlined letters to indicate shortcuts. In addition, the following shortcut keys may prove useful. 0, 1, 2, 3, and 4 in map screen change the game speed (0 is pause, 4 is fastest, etc). The enter key in various screens leaves or confirms a choice. P, R, N, and S in the base screen change the base items (type the first letter of the component you want to change.) In the map screen (the screen with the world map), any location you can build bases in is marked with the name, then the number of current bases in that location. You start out with two bases in North America. After choosing a base, enter the base screen. Here you can change your research goal, or build an item by clicking on the base map in the center. (But note that your beginning base does not allow building.) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2005 Evil Mr Henry and Phil Bordelon SINGULARITY(6)