Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions How to run UNIX alias from plink? Post 302993761 by RudiC on Tuesday 14th of March 2017 06:50:06 AM
Old 03-14-2017
An alias is usually created and persists only in an interactive session, so it is lost between sessions. If you dont wan't to define it manually every time you log in, put it into one of the login scripts (e.g. .profile) on the target host to use it as you post above.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix question: user supplied input for 'alias'

I have a program to scan the log files and I want to pipe the output to 'less'. I want to create an alias such that following are equivalent scanlog chunky.lst = /udd/n2man/utils/scanlog chunky.lst|less where chunky is user supplied file which can change. Is this possible as an alias or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ospreyeagle
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Plink connections to multiple unix servers

Hi, I have a simple windows batch file which connects to a UNIX server and runs a shell script in my home directory on the server. It works perfectly, using plink + ssh keys in the background. What I plan to do is expand this batch file to connect to multiple servers and execute one script... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moxy
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

using alias in cygwin unix

i have a cygwin unix and i would like to use alias to save a cd command.. however i lose this alias when i close out cygwin and log back in.. is there any way to save this command so that i can use it every time i log in? i am using cygwin on windows xp. thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
1 Replies

4. AIX

echo in alias for Unix C-Shell Prompt

Hi, I want to set Unix prompt in C-Shell which required the break new line using alias. Ex. hostname : username : %> Now, it will be setup in .login file with alias alias cd 'cd \!* | set prompt="`hostname` : $USER : %>"' I'm unable to parse echo command or break which I can get %>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: buzzusa
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo in alias for Unix C-Shell Prompt

Hi, I want to set Unix prompt in C-Shell which required the break new line using alias. Ex. hostname : username : %> Now, it will be setup in .login file with alias alias cd 'cd \!* | set prompt="`hostname` : $USER : %>"' I'm unable to parse echo command or break which I can get %>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: buzzusa
3 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Where should I install an alias file under UNIX bash ?

I have a file named 'aliases' which contains a list of aliases like: alias loc='locate' alias h='history' alias .='pwd' alias ..='cd ..' alias cd..='cd .. ; pwd' .............................. Where should I put this file (alias) so when Terminal launches .bash and thus a shell at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shub22
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create alias files (not alias commands)

If one: $ find -name 'some expression' -type f > newfile and then subsequently wants to create an alias file from each pathname the find command retrieved and the > placed within 'newfile', how would one do this? Ideally, the newly created alias files would all be in one directory. I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alexander4444
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

look up Unix server alias name

Good morning everyone, does anyone know what Unix command to use to lookup a servers alias name, thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abbya
3 Replies

9. Solaris

How to set a global alias in UNIX Solaris?

Defined a user alias in unix. Not able to use that alias in a ksh scritp. I dont want to change/source in the script to set the value. Need to set the user alias as a gloabal alias to use it in a new ksh shell window. Can you please help on this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbalaj16
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on Plink

Hi All, Iam a newbie to the plink and need your assistance. I have referred some posts but it doesn't helps me much. I have two steps to do. 1. I have a config file which has a list of servers,username and password. 2. I have a shell script in windows which accepts arguments and need to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cskumar
0 Replies
Net::CLI::Interact::Manual::Cookbook(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		 Net::CLI::Interact::Manual::Cookbook(3pm)

NAME
Net::CLI::Interact::Manual::Cookbook - Miscellaneous recipes Windows Support The library works just fine under native windows (i.e use something like Strawberry Perl - no need for cygwin), for Telnet, Serial and SSH connections. However one additional step is required for you to have success: You must download the "plink.exe" application, and pass its filesystem location in the "app" parameter to "new()". Do not try to use any other Telnet or SSH programs (for instance the Windows bundled "telnet") - they will not work. Here's an example: my $s = Net::CLI::Interact->new( personality => "cisco", transport => "Telnet", (Net::CLI::Interact::Transport::is_win32() ? (app => "$ENV{HOMEPATH}\Desktop\plink.exe") : () ), ); Unix Support The library works fine on most Unix platforms. It will try to use the native "telnet", "ssh" (openssh) and "cu" programs for Telnet, SSH and Serial connections, respectively. If you want to use another application, pass it in the "app" parameter to "new". In some Unix environments there can be zombie child processes left around after running your script. If this happens, set the "reap" option, like so: my $s = Net::CLI::Interact->new( personality => "cisco", transport => "Telnet", connect_options => { reap => 1, }, ); Phrasebook Entries Prompts These are nothing more than named regular expressions: prompt configure match /(config[^)]*)# ?$/ Macros This example waits for the device to ask "[startup-config]?" and then responds with the text "startup-config". macro copy_run_start send copy running-config startup-config match /Destination filename [startup-config]?$/ send startup-config To send instead a press of the Return key (output record separator), use: macro write_mem send copy running-config startup-config match /Destination filename [startup-config]?$/ send '' To instead allow the user to pass in the file name, use a "sprintf" format. macro save_to_file send copy running-config startup-config match /Destination filename [startup-config]?$/ send %s The user must then pass a parameter to the "macro" call, even if it's an empty string: $s->macro('save_to_file', { params => ['file_name'] }); # or $s->macro('save_to_file', { params => [''] }); Continuations These are Macros which start with a match instead of a send: macro more_pages match / --More-- / send ' ' Note that the parameter of the "send" is not sent with a Return character (output record separator) appended. When included in a macro, the continuation can be in-line, like this: macro show_ip_route send show ip route follow / --More-- / with ' ' Running Commands Standalone Commands Simply send the command you wish to execute to the library. If not already done, a connection to the device will be established automatically: $s->cmd('show ip int br'); Normally this matches against a default prompt, which has been discovered automatically, or set by you: $s->set_prompt('user_prompt'); It's also possible to pass in a custom prompt for this command only: $s->cmd('show ip int br', { match => qr/special prompt>$/ }); Composite Macro Commands Call a predefined Macro from the phrasebook using this method: $s->macro('write_mem'); Sometimes the Macro needs parameters: $s->macro('to_priv_exec', { params => ['my_password'] }); You can't really create a Macro on the fly very easily, but with suitable use of "cmd()", "set_prompt()", and the "match" option to "cmd()" it's possible to achieve some simple flexibility. Reconfiguring On-the-Fly Phrasebook It's possible to load a new phrasebook by the following method, which must be passed at least the name of the personality: $s->set_phrasebook({ personality => 'ios' }); You can pass any options which the Phrasebook module itself would take. Prompt The current prompt can be changed by passing the name of the new Prompt as it is known by the phrasebook: $s->set_prompt('name'); If you want to test whether the current prompt matches a diffrent named Prompt from the phrasebook, this method can be used: $s->prompt_looks_like('name'); perl v5.14.2 2012-06-12 Net::CLI::Interact::Manual::Cookbook(3pm)