Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Removing CRLF combo but not CR or LF when alone Post 302993573 by qqp on Saturday 11th of March 2017 10:41:59 AM
Old 03-11-2017
I've attached a sample. You'll see LF at the end of an appropriate line break, and CRLF within fields I want to remove.

thanks for the insights.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modem/Sound combo

I just got yet another PI! yay! :D . one problem... the sound/modem card is not detected by the kernel or even by windows PnP! i dunno of any UNIX driverDB online, but if you could point me to one, it would be fantastic! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: boris888
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add CRLF is probably simple!

I am building a script that will execute programs using records/fields in a file as arguments. Before I start testing that, I am working on reading the file properly and using printf to display the fields in the file. I used typeset to format my output. Now all I need is to figure out how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Skyybugg
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep, awk, nawk combo

I have 2 files: File1 "aa","server","001-9031234-001", File2 001-9031234-001|12345 Both files have many lines of text. Each line needs to be evaluated. I need to look at the value of the third field in File 1. Then look for that same value in File 2 and assign the value of Field 2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptr2be
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with a file that contains CRLF

I have a nawk that reads in a log file and outputs a file that matches my search. IFS=" " while read record do `echo $record | nawk 'BEGIN { FS=" " } { type_record=substr($0, 1, 1); if (... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pablo_beezo
14 Replies

5. Web Development

CRLF to LF PHP

So I have this PHP script that takes info from HTML form and saves the info to a txt file. Here is the code <?php $input = $_POST; $dateposted = date("m-d-Y-His"); $fp = fopen("/some/location/public_html/sh/$dateposted.txt", "w"); fwrite($fp, $input.).'&nbsp;'; fclose($fp);... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: GroveTuckey
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combo for text

Hello all, i need to extract a part from an API output. Imagine this is the output : "result": "result": i need to use only the "hello my name is Mike" in the second line, without " " how can i do that? Thanks in advance Kind Regards and congrats for the great forum. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Board27
2 Replies
ESDCTL(1)						     Enlightened Sound Daemon							 ESDCTL(1)

NAME
esdctl - The Enlightened Sound Daemon DESCRIPTION
Command-line control program for EsounD USAGE
esdctl [options] [command] options: "-s", --server=host:port contact esd server on host at port commands: lock foreign clients may not use the server unlock foreign clients may use the server standby, off suspend sound output for other programs resume, on resume sound output cache sample cache a sample in the server getid name retrieve a sample id from its name free name uncache a sample in the server play name play a cached sample once loop name make a cached sample loop stop name stop the looping sample at end serverinfo get server info from server allinfo get player and sample info from server panstream id left right set panning for a stream pansample id left right set default panning for a sample - left/right pan values scaled to 256. standbymode see if server's on standby, etc. SEE ALSO
esd(1), esdcat(1), esddsp(1), esdloop(1), esdplay(1), esdsample(1), esd-config(1), esdfilt(1), esdmon(1), esdrec(1) 3rd Berkeley Distribution EsounD 0.2.28 ESDCTL(1)