Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Connecting using SSH in WAN network Post 302993427 by lobsang on Thursday 9th of March 2017 02:25:22 PM
Old 03-09-2017
thank you guys. finding my hostname or local ip address of system within LAN network is quite easy through
Code:
ifconfig

. but i cannot use that physical address of LAN network to connect to other network that pass through Router. So can u guys give me how should i go about it ..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Problems connecting Solaris 10 to network via ISP

I have just installed Solaris 10 (x86) on my PC, which is connected to an ISP via a Netgear DG834G firewall/modem router. I can't find the network. My router has the IP address 192.168.0.1 and my ISP assigned IP address is 214.159.X.Y I have edited various files based upon information I have... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: christian_hicks
7 Replies

2. Solaris

Connecting Solaris to Airport network

Hi, I've been trying to find out for the past two days how to set my Solaris 10 to join wireless network (Airport base station with ACL and wep or wpa on). Using ethernet is a bit out of question as I don't have an ethernet cable that would reach the other side of the house. Solaris 10... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giax
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Connecting To An External Network Using A logical (PACKAGE) IP Address

Hie everyone, I am currently facing a problem whereby I can not connect to an external network from a package ip address on a HP-UX cluster. Below is the illustration: Primary Server IP Address : n.n.n.202 Secondary Server IP Address : n.n.n.212 Package IP Address : n.n.n.211 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cchilenga
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

Connecting to an SSN from an internal network

Hi I have an Apache Web server running on a Solaris 8 box that sits on a SSN. I have one desktop that connects to the SSN from the internal network and is recognised directly without using the gateway, all other desktops, laptops from inside the internal network connect to the SSN using the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bobby76
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

ssh server is attachable from local network not from another network

hello i have a ubuntu ssh server that i can acess from any of my comnputers but only if they are on the same wireless network as the server. i tested trhis my tehtehring my samsung blackjack to my windows partition and installing openssh to windows it works when windows is on the wireless but no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: old noob
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

Connecting to DHCP network with Realtek interface

I have a Realtek 8139 interface in one of my machines and it will not connect to the network. /etc/rc.conf contains ifconfig_rl0="DHCP" and "rl0" was obtained from a dmesg. A network interface restart yields the following: # /etc/rc.d/netif restart Stopping network: lo0 rl0 fwe0 plip0. rl0: no... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

connecting to network, auto-entering info

Hey guys, I just started college a few days ago. To my dismay, my school has a very frustrating wireless network access system. Every time you want to use the network, you need to open up a browser and get re-directed to a login page. Every access, you need to reenter the same username and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chain Breaker
1 Replies

8. Linux

connecting to SSH

Well im on Fedora, and theres no sub section for Fedora so yea Well how do you connect to an SSH, while on a windows terminal? And also to transfer a file from my desktop to a server? how is this done scp command is not working for me (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gangsta
3 Replies

9. IP Networking

2 WAN connections on 1 switch/network

I want to know potential problems with the following scenario OR if it is an ok way to have my network setup: I have 2 WAN connections to the internet. I have each WAN connection plugged into its own router. Router DD-WRT is gateway for servers (192.0.10.50). Router Tomato is gateway for pc's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: herot
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connecting using ssh

We have 2 different servers say A and B and I want to check the log file of 2 servers simultaneously. If I am logged into server A how can I connect to server B. I have used ssh username@B.But it is asking password. How can I give the password on ssh. Or is there any other utility for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jim john
2 Replies
libssh2_channel_direct_tcpip_ex(3)				  libssh2 manual				libssh2_channel_direct_tcpip_ex(3)

NAME
libssh2_channel_direct_tcpip_ex - Tunnel a TCP connection through an SSH session SYNOPSIS
#include <libssh2.h> LIBSSH2_CHANNEL * libssh2_channel_direct_tcpip_ex(LIBSSH2_SESSION *session, const char *host, int port, const char *shost, int sport); LIBSSH2_CHANNEL * libssh2_channel_direct_tcpip(LIBSSH2_SESSION *session, const char *host, int port); DESCRIPTION
session - Session instance as returned by libssh2_session_init_ex(3) host - Third party host to connect to using the SSH host as a proxy. port - Port on third party host to connect to. shost - Host to tell the SSH server the connection originated on. sport - Port to tell the SSH server the connection originated from. Tunnel a TCP/IP connection through the SSH transport via the remote host to a third party. Communication from the client to the SSH server remains encrypted, communication from the server to the 3rd party host travels in cleartext. RETURN VALUE
Pointer to a newly allocated LIBSSH2_CHANNEL instance, or NULL on errors. ERRORS
LIBSSH2_ERROR_ALLOC - An internal memory allocation call failed. SEE ALSO
libssh2_session_init_ex(3) libssh2 0.15 1 Jun 2007 libssh2_channel_direct_tcpip_ex(3)