Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk to supress error message with custom text Post 302993409 by vgersh99 on Thursday 9th of March 2017 12:15:49 PM
Old 03-09-2017
Code:
print $1 && "is an intronic variant" | "cat 1>&2"

This User Gave Thanks to vgersh99 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to supress a "Killed" message when a process is terminated?

Does anyone know how I can supress the "Killed" message that's produced when I kill a process? I've got a script that performs a "tail -f" on a database error log and pipes the output into an awk script which looks for certain error messages and forwards any that qualify to my pager. The problem... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenwolff
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Supress error message

Hi All this is a simple script #! /bin/bash FileCnt=`ls -lrt $DIR/* | wc -l` echo $FileCnt how could i escape the error msg if there are no files in $DIR ls: /home/sayantan/test/files/cnt/*: No such file or directory 0 Looking forward for a quick reply Regards, Newbie (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie07
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Division by zero error message in AWK

How can I modify my awk code to get rid of the divion by zero error message? If I run the script without an input file, it should return error message "Input file missing" but not divison by zero. Code: #!/bin/nawk -f BEGIN { if (NR == 0) {print "Input file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pauline mugisha
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk error message: division by zero attempted

Hi, I'm executing unixbench tool v4.1 on an embedded system and I'm getting these error messages: Execl Throughput 1 2 3awk: /unixbench/unixbench-4.1.0/pgms/loops.awk:38: (FILENAME=- FNR=4) fatal: division by zero attempted Pipe Throughput 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10awk:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogelio
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

supress error messages

Hi I have a script which connects to oracle using sqlplus if ! check_sqlplus "$ORACLE_SID" ; then echo "Unable to use sqlplus for sid $ORACLE_SID" return 1 else echo "attempting to connect to database" echo $ORACLE_HOME echo $ORACLE_SID echo "Status before entering... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiamin
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error message while using awk

Hi Friends, I am using the below code in my script: elif then NEW_LINE=`echo $Line | awk '{sub ($4, "2010\\\/04\\\/07"); printf "# %s %9s %18s\n", $2,$3,$4}'` sed $n" s/.*/$NEW_LINE/" kfile > tmp mv tmp kfile fi Around 30 lines are replaced by this code... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sugan
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWk - supress warning

Hi, I am trying to run a script using awk and sed a few times. The script itself seems to work fine but in a final awk statement it throws up a warning: awk: warning: escape sequence `\.' treated as plain `.' script: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HugoDarley
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Supress text

Hi, I was looking for a simple code to suppress the text between 2 characters. the characters can be of same kind like "*" or "(" and ")". The number of characters are not consistent and could vary. How can I suppress the text between 2 characters? Example: Input : Hello (Within Bracket)... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Supress java error output to shell

Hello, I know this isn't exactly a shell script question but I'm not sure where else to post it. I am running a java program out of a shell script. There are times when I get an error like, "java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 22 at blah, blah at blah, blah ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
3 Replies

10. IP Networking

Insmod custom module fails with message : disagrees about version of symbol ...

Hello : I want to make a netfilter conntrack module for myself. So I copy all the source code about netfilter conntrack from kernel source tree to my external directory. It can be insmod after compiled. Then I add some members to the struct nf_conn, and it 's compiled successfully. However, it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 915086731
1 Replies
SHAPE_STDVAR(7) 					 Miscellaneous Information Manual					   SHAPE_STDVAR(7)

NAME
shape_stdvar - shapeTools RMS project wide variant definitions DESCRIPTION
This file contains common variant definitions to be used in a software development project supported by the shape release management sys- tem. The stdvar file defines a variant raster for a whole development project. This central definition facility unifies the naming and semantics of supported system variants. Stdvar is to be included into the Shapefiles of any part of the developed system via shape's include mechanism. The definitions in stdvar should be carefully designed and maintained for each supported project. They usually concern variant control for all hardware/operating system platforms to be supported or variant settings to produce different qualities of generated code (debug or optimized). Enclosed in the shapeTools distribution, you find the stdvar file used in the development of the shape toolkit itself. This may be a good starting point for developing an own variant raster. At least, it helps you learning the definition syntax. Otherwise, for a description on the syntax of variant definition parts see the shape(1) manual. FILES
$(SHAPELIBPATH)/stdvar SEE ALSO
shape_RMS(1), shape (1) 28.9.119 SHAPE_STDVAR(7)