Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Archive script spot a mistake? Post 302993381 by RudiC on Thursday 9th of March 2017 09:06:02 AM
Old 03-09-2017
Does robert_test/after_louise_1606 exist in your current working directory (I guess: not).
I've got some difficulties to follow your flow; i.e. where you're located after cd "$source" and cd "$dir"; That may be the reason tar "$dir" fails...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archive script old files

Hi All, Im trying to write a script to archive files based on the date the files were created. For example, if a group of files were created on 23rd August,I would have 230806.tar. I have a problem,I want the script to read a separately created file(readarchive.txt) to look for the path to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kayarsenal
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archive script

hi guru, can advise how to construct a housekeeping script using perl for the following ? find /var/tmp/logs -name "si*" -type f -exec gzip -f {} \; find /var/tmp/logs -name "*.gz" -type f -exec mv -f {} /var/tmp/log \; I found out those are not working in shell at when put them on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rauphelhunter
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script help .. archive

Hi All We have a landing directory where source system puts files.There are variable number of files and the file names are also varying.Each files successful transmission is identified by a .done file.If file name is xyz.dat then the confirmation file will be xyz.dat.done. I want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dr46014
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need some help with an archive script

I'm not sure how to solve the $month-1 thingy or the foreach sentence, so I need some help./* folders = folder1 folder2 folder3 folder4 folder5 */ month=`date +%m` if($month == 01) { prev_month = 12 } else { prev_month =... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JKMlol
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help archive script

Hi all, I am new to linux and scripting so please forgive me. I need to create a script that will archive files but the max size of the archive need to be 500mb or under. I know about the archiving with parts but i want all the archives as individual archives. Can anyone point me in the correct... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: craig0
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can anyone find the mistake in this script file

#!/bin/ksh db_user=`echo $DB_USER_NAME` db_pwd=`echo $DB_PASSWORD` db_sid=`echo $TWO_TASK` sqlplus -s $db_user/$db_pwd@$db_sid << EOF a = select ACK_PARTY_NAME,bus_event_seq_nbr from bus_event where ack_party_name like 'MOVE_USAGE_DAEMON%' and bus_event_seq_nbr='3969094' set -- echo $a |... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkrish
17 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Archive Unix script to Batch script

Hi All, I have a requirement to archive processed file and retain the archive based on the quantity.. but this is in windows. I have written a drafted shell script, and would like to have it translated into Batch script.. Please... Below is the drafted shell script ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dave Null
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can anyone help me to spot my mistake?

Hi there can anyone help me to spot my mistake and please explain why it appears My code : #!/usr/bin/gawk -f BEGIN { bytes =0} { temp=$(grep "datafeed\.php" | cut -d" " -f8) bytes += temp} END { printf "Number of bytes: %d\n", bytes } when I am running ./q411 an411 an411: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: FUTURE_EINSTEIN
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to call Oracle archive backup script when file system reaches threshold value

Hello All, I need immediate help in creating shell script to call archivebkup.ksh script when archive file system capacity reaches threshold value or 60% Need to identify the unique file system that reaches threshold value. ex: capacity ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasikanthdba
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to archive logs and sftp to another archive server

Requirement: Under fuse application we have placeholders called containers; Every container has their logs under: <container1>/data/log/fuse.log <container1>/data/log/fuse.log.1 <container1>/data/log/fuse.log.XX <container2>/data/log/fuse.log... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arjun Goswami
6 Replies
runsvchdir(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     runsvchdir(8)

NAME
runsvchdir - change services directory of runsvdir(8) SYNOPSIS
runsvchdir dir DESCRIPTION
dir is a services directory for the use with runsvdir(8). If dir does not start with a slash, it is searched in /etc/runit/runsvdir/. dir must not start with a dot. runsvchdir switches to the directory /etc/runit/runsvdir/, copies current to previous, and replaces current with a symlink pointing to dir. Normally /etc/service is a symlink to current, and runsvdir(8) is running /etc/service/. EXIT CODES
runsvchdir prints an error message and exits 111 on error. runsvchdir exits 0 on success. FILES
/etc/runit/runsvdir/previous /etc/runit/runsvdir/current /etc/runit/runsvdir/current.new SEE ALSO
runsvdir(8), runit(8), runit-init(8), sv(8), runsv(8) http://smarden.org/runit/ AUTHOR
Gerrit Pape <pape@smarden.org> runsvchdir(8)