Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX No more sudo package for 11.23? Post 302993337 by anaigini45 on Thursday 9th of March 2017 01:15:06 AM
Old 03-09-2017
In this case, then how do I provide "sudo" privileges for some commands that user have requested for?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

how to restore original package after uninstalling the upgraded package using rpm

have following package installed rpm -qa |grep ADMIN It will give the following package installed: ADMIN-4.0.0.1 Now I will upgrade the ADMIN package using the following command. rpm --upgrade ADMIN-4.1.0.1 It will upgrade the ADMIN packagge to ADMIN-4.1.0.1 Now I want that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Upgrade sudo package

Can anyone tell me detailed step by step procedure on how to upgrade sudo (sudo package) from 1.6.x to 1.7.1 or 1.7.2 versions on solaris 9 and 10 boxes. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saintsnwarriors
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to use the Sudo command. "0509-130 Symbol resolution failed for sudo because:"

Hi! I'm very new to unix, so please keep that in mind with the level of language used if you choose to help :D Thanks! When attempting to use sudo on and AIX machine with oslevel 5.1.0.0, I get the following error: exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program sudo because of the following errors:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chloe123
1 Replies

4. AIX

mkinstallp package creation failing "no such file: ./usr/lpp/<package name>/inst_root"

Hello, I'm trying to build a (bff) package from an already installed program (clam antivirus) using mkinstallp. However, mkinstallp fails with "no such file: ./usr/lpp/<package name>/inst_root" I'm not sure why all files get created ok except for these particular ones. Any help would be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonte
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find dependancies of .dstream package (Solaris) & .rpm package( linux)

Friends, Please let meknow, How we can find the dependancies of .dstream package & .rpm package before installation ? For AIX, We can use the inutoc . command to create the .toc file for the bff package, What about Solaris & Linux ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yb4779
0 Replies

6. Linux

How install a new package without remove old package?

Dear all, I would like to install a new version of package without remove old version on Centos and vice versa. Please give me advice! thanks much, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: all4cfa
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh foo.com sudo command - Prompts for sudo password as visible text. Help?

I am writing a BASH script to update a webserver and then restart Apache. It looks basically like this: #!/bin/bash rsync /path/on/local/machine/ foo.com:path/on/remote/machine/ ssh foo.com sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reloadrsync and ssh don't prompt for a password, because I have DSA encryption... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fluoborate
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't install rpm package with --prefix in new path.Error: package is not relocatable

Hello, i have downloaded an rpm package "hadoop-0.20.205.0-1.amd64.rpm" in /usr/local/ directory. I'm trying to install the rpm package in a new path/location (/usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205), but i can't. I did: 1st try: Didn't work sudo rpm -i --prefix=/usr/local/hadoop-0.20.205... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g_p
1 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Problem when trying to remove a package using rpm command - error: package is not installed

Hello, i have installed a package by using the command sudo rpm -i filepackage.rpm package filepackage is already installed when i try to remove it, i get an error saying "is not installed": sudo rpm -e filepackage.rpm error: package filepackage is not installed How can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_p
4 Replies
EMBUILDDEPS(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    EMBUILDDEPS(1)

NAME
embuilddeps - handle native and cross build-dependency installation. Usage embuilddeps [-a|--arch] [--use-sudo] embuilddeps -?|-h|--help|--version Options -a|--arch: Install cross packages for the specified arch. -d|--dir DIR: Location of the unpacked source (./debian/control) --dsc DSCFILE: Path to a .dsc file for the package. -m|--multiarch: Make dpkg-cross convert Multi-Arch packages. -k|--preserve: Pass the -k option down to xapt. -v|--verbose: Make the output more verbose -q|--quiet: Make the output less verbose -n|--dry-run: Only output the commands which would be used. --use-sudo: Call apt-get using sudo. Description "embuilddeps" is a simple build dependency checker for cross-building. Native build dependencies are checked using the debian/control file in the source package being built and installed with "apt-get". Cross build dependencies are checked using a debian/xcontrol file or the debian/control file if no xcontrol file exists. "embuilddeps" uses "xapt" to install cross build dependencies. Output To see more about what is going on (and to check the results of parsing the dependencies and architecture limits. See also Term::ANSIColor (3) for information on ANSI_COLORS_DISABLED. pbuilder "embuilddeps" can be used as a native and cross-dependency resolver in a pbuilder chroot using "pbuilder", "pdebuild" or "pdebuild-cross" and supports pbuilder options to locate the chroot and execute calls within the chroot. --control indicates the location of the .dsc file --internal-chrootexec indicates the command to execute inside the chroot --chroot indicates the location of the chroot --binary-all is supported as a no-op by C<embuilddeps>. If other build tools need particular options to be supported, please file a wishlist bug against "xapt" and describe the exact options which are necessary. "embuilddeps" does require that "xapt" is installed inside the chroot - it will try to install it for you but it is much easier if you install it once and for all. "pdebuild-cross" will add "xapt" when creating a new chroot. See pdebuild-cross (1) for more information on how to manipulate a pdebuild-cross chroot after creation. Source packages and dsc files "embuilddeps" can also parse the build dependencies of a package via the .dsc file. The rest of the source package (the files listed in the .dsc) do not need to exist and the source does not need to have been unpacked. Use the "embuilddeps --dsc FILE" option. The alternative method is to parse the ./debian/control file at the location specified by the "--dir" option which defaults to the current working directory. Multi-Arch transition Some packages already have multi-arch paths which dpkg-cross does not normally convert. This can cause missing dependencies when trying to install the converted packages. Use the "--multiarch" option to "embuilddeps" to pass this down to "xapt" and hence to "dpkg-cross". Retaining downloaded binaries "embuilddeps" can pass the "-k" option to "xapt" to retain the foreign architecture packages downloaded by "xapt" and the packages built using "dpkg-cross". Note that "xapt" should be asked to clean up the downloaded files once these lists have been handled by calling the "xapt -c" option which removes the contents of /var/lib/xapt/*. perl v5.14.2 2012-09-26 EMBUILDDEPS(1)