Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Compiling GCC 6.3.0 - Error with Library Post 302993277 by PJ_Namias on Wednesday 8th of March 2017 09:22:39 AM
Old 03-08-2017
Thanks Jim! I'll give that a try later today! Smilie

---------- Post updated at 08:22 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:28 AM ----------

I could swear I posted a response to this earlier. No matter -- I appreciate this, Jim. I hope to be able to work on it later today. I'll probably need some hand-holding though. The server in question is currently totally offline from any network. The only way I'll have to transfer packages to it is via DVD after downloading them to this laptop and burning one. The OpenCSW site seems to be network oriented. The "Installing without Internet access" instructions talk about downloading to another Solaris server and transferring from there. No mention of my situation of downloading to a Windows 10 laptop & transferring via DVD. Do you have any suggestions on that scenario?

Again, thanks for the info!
PJ

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

beginner at C: Need help compiling/linking with gcc

I'm trying to do something fairly simple but keep getting frustrating messages.. Here it is: I have 3 files: init.h <header> init.c <#include <curses.h> and "init.h"> main.c <#include "init.h"> now, how can I compile my main.c using gcc? ( I have a hard time making the init.o) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: My_Name
1 Replies

2. Programming

syntax error while compiling in gcc

hello, i have a structure defined as follows struct Image { int lenght; int height; }; and i have another structure where i declare a array of the above structure struct ShapeImage { Image image; }; when i compile this code with gcc it shows me the following error : ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: svh
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

errors compiling gcc 4.2.1

Hello, I have never had a successful compile on the 2.6 kernel. On every arch in which I try to compile gcc I get either "i686-pc-cygwin-ar command not found or "i686-suse-linux-ar command not found. This always happens during the make process after configure checks for ar and finds it's just ar.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwa71
2 Replies

4. Programming

gcc compiling with -DUSE_LONGLONG

Sorry for a silly question. I a program that need to compile with -DUSE_LONGLONG to turn on the long Int as the document of that program said so, but I really don't know how to do this. I normally do this: ./configure make make install and it works fine. But I don't know how to compile... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiepng
2 Replies

5. Programming

probs compiling with gcc + lpthread

Im trying to write a program atm which uses mutexes to control thread access to a certain code section ( the critical section). However, whenever I compile the code using gcc I get the following message from gcc Unresolved text symbol "pthread_mutex_lock" Unresolved text symbol... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JamesGoh
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Problem compiling Samba 3.5.1 on Solaris 10 with gcc (3.4.6)

I'm getting this error when 'Linking shared library bin/libtalloc.so.2'... anyone know what's up here? Using CFLAGS = -O -I. -I/source/samba-3.5.1/source3 -I/source/samba-3.5.1/source3/../lib/popt -I/source/samba-3.5.1/source3/iniparser/src -Iinclude -I./include -I. -I. -I./../lib/replace... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: son_t
6 Replies

7. Programming

gcc compiling error

I am using gcc to compile c objects on solaris 5.10 and hit the following error messages: /usr/include/sys/vfs.h:323: error: syntax error before "statvfs64_t" /usr/include/sys/vfs.h:334: error: syntax error before "statvfs64_t" gmake: *** Error 1 The c program files were copied over from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: med7006
3 Replies

8. Programming

Problem with static compiling - GCC

Hi guys. I want to compile three files: gcc -static main.c fib.c fib.h it is pure C i mean i use standard C library. but it gives me this error: /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lc collect2: ld returned 1 exit status what should i do? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
4 Replies

9. Programming

Compiling a 64 bits program using gcc

Hi Everyone, I can ask what is the option to compile a 64 bits program using gcc. I have looked everywhere but can't find it. Before I used to use cc and the -q64 flag was the option to generate the 64 bits binary. Can anyone tell me what is the flags when using gcc. Thanks...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arizah
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Compiling libcdio-paranoia, gcc found - C compiler doesnt work

Heyas I'm currently trying to make a fresh build from scratch/source of FFMPEG. This said, it brings quite a tail with it, so the use of a script was very obvious. Anyway, i'm currently stuck at named package. Lets ignore the tarball/download line, as the error is after. Commands... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
0 Replies
rpld.conf(4)							   File Formats 						      rpld.conf(4)

NAME
rpld.conf - Remote Program Load (RPL) server configuration file SYNOPSIS
/etc/rpld.conf DESCRIPTION
The /etc/rpld.conf file contains the configuration information for operation of rpld, the RPL-based network boot server. It is a text file containing keyword-value pairs and comment. The keyword-value pairs specify the value to use for parameters used by the RPL server. Comments can be entered by starting the line using the # character. The user can add comments to the file for customized configurations. Alternate RPL server configuration files can be specified when running the RPL server by supplying a configuration file similar to the default configuration file. Keywords All keywords are case-sensitive. Not all keywords must be present. (However, note that the end keyword at the end of the file must be present.) If a keyword is not present, internal defaults, which are the default values described here, will be used. Keyword-value pairs are specified by: keyword = value DebugLevel Specify the number of error, warning, and information messages to be generated while the RPL server is running. The valid range is 0-9. A value of 0 means no message at all, while a value of 9 will generate the most messages. The default is 0. Note that it is best to limit the value to 8 or below; use of level 9 may generate so many debug mes- sages that the performance of the RPL server may be impacted. DebugDest A numeric value specifying where to send the messages to: 0 = standard output 1 = syslogd 2 = log file The default is 2. MaxClients A numeric value specifying the maximum number of simultaneous network boot clients to be in service. A value of -1 means unlimited except where system resources is the limiting factor. Any positive value will set a limit on the number of clients to be in service at the same time unless system resource constraints come in before the limit. The default is -1. BackGround A numeric value indicating whether the RPL server should run in the background or not. A 0 means run in the background and a 1 means do not run in the background. The difference is whether the server will relinquish the controlling terminal or not. The default is 1. FrameSize The default size of data frames to be used to send bootfile data to the network boot clients. This size should not exceed the limits imposed by the underlying physical media. For ethernet/802.3, the maximum physical frame size is 1500 octets. The default is 1500. Note that the protocol overhead of LLC1 and RPL is 32 octets, resulting in a maximum data length of 1468 octets. LogFile The log file to which messages will be sent if DebugDest is set to 2 (the default). The default file is var/spool/rpld.log. StartDelay The initial delay factor to use to control the speed of downloading. In the default mode of operation, the downloading process does not wait for a positive acknowledgment from the client before the next data frame is sent. In the case of a fast server and slow client, data overrun can result and requests for retransmission will be frequent. By using a delay factor, the speed of data transfer is controlled to avoid retransmission requests. Note that the unit of delay is machine dependent and bears no correlation with the actual time delayed. DelayGran Delay granularity. If the initial delay factor is not suitable and the rate of downloading is either too fast or too slow, retransmission requests from the clients will be used to adjust the delay factor either upward (to slow down the data rate) or downward (to speed up the data rate). The delay granularity is used as the delay delta for adjustment. end Keyword at the end of the file. It must be present. FILES
/etc/rpld.conf /usr/sbin/rpld ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |x86 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
rpld(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 03 Dec 2003 rpld.conf(4)