Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Exec command with mutt - turn on & off? Post 302993253 by SIMMS7400 on Wednesday 8th of March 2017 03:27:50 AM
Old 03-08-2017
Thank you for the reply, Don.

So you're saying even if the first if conditional isn't met, it still resets '$?' ?

I'm also asking about exec because I have it set above:

Code:
#::-- Direct STDOUT and STDERROR to repositories --::#  exec 2>${_EF} > ${_LF}

Then I was wondering for instance if the following line in the first if conditional would just be sent to the error file directory instead of being executed:

Code:
    echo $_BODY|mutt -s "${_SUBJECT}" -a ${_ATTACH}  ${_TO} -c ${_CC}

As in other scripts, when using exec as I have set up, I need to 'turn it off' in order to use commands such a cat and so on.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

/usr/bin/find && -exec /bin/rm never work as expected

hi there, Would you able to advise that why the syntax or statement below couldn't work as expected ? /usr/bin/find /backup -name "*tar*" -mtime +2 -exec /bin/rm -f {} \; 1> /dev/null 2>&1 In fact, I was initially located it as in crontab job, but it doesn't work at all. So, I was... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rauphelhunter
9 Replies

2. AIX

Using mutt from command line or script

Hello, I am attempting to send emails from AIX 5.2 using either the mailx command or mutt. When I use mutt: mutt -a jim.txt -s "Test Email" me@mydomain.com It sends the attachment, but it forces me into the interactive menu. When I use mailx: cat data.txt | uuencode... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyoung
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

HTML and attachment using mutt command

Hi All, I want to attach the file as well send html content in the mail body using mutt command or any other command.(uuencode is not present). Please help me. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arukuku
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mutt for html body and multiple html & pdf attachments

Hi all: Been racking my brain on this for the last couple of days and what has been most frustrating is that this is the last piece I need to complete a project. There are numerous posts discussing mutt in this forum and others but I have been unable to find similar issues. Running with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raggmopp
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mutt command - email body with out file name

Hello All, I know we can put body inside a mail using -i option for specifying the file which contains body message, is there an option for me to specify body content instead of a file specification only using mutt? Below is not working and i don't see any options in manual page! ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
4 Replies

6. Linux

Cannot boot as usuall , turn to black screen & ask for loging in ???? Help me????

Hey guys..... Im new user for linux fedora 20.... i really need help ....... i have no idea why suddently when i turn on my laptop fedora turn to be black screen and ask me loging in , when i loging then nothing happen , it stay at the same screen... then i try to go to "with linux secure...,"... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: asianfootball
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mutt command error

Hello there, I am using "mutt" command to send e-mails. mutt -s "Mail subject line" $( printf -- '-a attachment_name') < "mail body file" "e-mail id" I wish to change the name of the attachment by appending the date to it. Something like "attachment_name_$DATE.html" in the mutt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: H squared
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Turn off exec 2>${_ERRORFILE} > ${_LOGFILE} feature?

Hi Folks - To make a long story short, this script is loaded into a workbench, executed via workbench user interface, and then I need to display the output on screen. However, I'm using the functions to direct stdout and stderror to their respective directories. Is there a way to turn that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send the log as it is through mailx or mutt command?

Hi, I am able to send the mail with attachment through mailx/mutt command.But i am seeing the log file statements all together when i tried to open from my outlook. log file have the details like below aaa bbb ccc when i tried to open it from my outlook after receiving the mail attachment... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Samah
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mutt command email body

Hi Team, While sending the email using the mutt command, mail body not appearing properly and attachment it is showing without line breaks and i used the CSS Style (nowrapper )it is working fine. in this case how to handle the email body, please help me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bmk123
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)