Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Not able to send mail on my company's account but gmail in Linux 6.8 Post 302993237 by nadeemrafikhan on Tuesday 7th of March 2017 11:06:08 PM
Old 03-08-2017
Got bounce report from /var/log/maillog. and could you please let me know know to check valid address on this server. as I am new on mail server.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can not send mail from unix server to company/yahoo mail

hi, Gurus, I need some help with sending mail out from my UNIX server: It is running Solaris 2.6 and the sendmail version is 8.8. Output of :/usr/lib/sendmail -d0.1 -bt < /dev/null Version 8.8.8+Sun Compiled with: LOG MATCHGECOS MIME7TO8 MIME8TO7 NAMED_BIND NDBM NETINET ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: b5fnpct
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using mailx to send a log file to my outlook e-mail account

I like to use mailx -s to send an entire xxxxx.log to my outlook e-mail account. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: simt
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send mail from linux

Hi, Could any one get me suggested how to send a mail from a linux server to any external user? I tried the following : $ mail abc@xyz.com Subject: test Hi, This is a test mail. . Cc: def@xyz.com But I haven't recived any mail at abc@xyz.com and def@xyz.com Kindly help on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogi_4984
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

mail not working with company id

Hi, I have a fresh new installation of red hat linux. I am trying to send an email from the "mail" utility from inside my Linux box to my company id "xxx@company.com". We are using microsoft exchange server online version to host our company's email. I am able to send emails to gmail and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: priya33184
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

unable to send mail from redhat linux server

While sending mail from linux server we observed below logs, stat=Deferred: Name server: xxxxxxxxxx.: host name lookup failure Kindly suggest what we need to change? Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hydoss1
2 Replies

6. Programming

How to send a file in e-mail from on Linux C++?

Hi ! I-m copile from source a C++ program from tutorials from internet. I don't understendig any programing languages.. but compiled aplication running ok. I-ts possible to add in my used program, lines to send one file from config directory in e-mail, to my e-mail adress ? I want to run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraftwerk
2 Replies
TESTMXLOOKUP(1) 					      Double Precision, Inc.						   TESTMXLOOKUP(1)

NAME
testmxlookup - Look up mail relays for a domain SYNOPSIS
testmxlookup [@ip-address] [--dnssec] [--udpsize n] {domain} DESCRIPTION
testmxlookup lists the names and IP addresses of mail relays that receive mail for the domain. This is useful in diagnosing mail delivery problems. testmxlookup sends a DNS MX query for the specified domain, followed by A/AAAA queries, if needed. testmxlookup lists the hostname and the IP address of every mail relay, and its MX priority. DIAGNOSTICS The error message "Hard error" indicates that the domain does not exist, or does not have any mail relays. The error message "Soft error" indicates a temporary error condition (usually a network failure of some sorts, or the local DNS server is down). OPTIONS @ip-address Specify the DNS server's IP address, where to send the DNS query to, overriding the default DNS server addresses read from /etc/resolv.conf. "ip-address" must be a literal, numeric, IP address. --dnssec Enable the DNSSEC extension. If the DNS server has DNSSEC enabled, and the specified domain's DNS records are signed, the list of IP addresses is suffixed by "(DNSSEC)", indicating a signed response. This is a diagnostic option. Older DNS servers may respond with an error, to a DNSSEC query. --udpsize n Specify that n is the largest UDP packet size that the DNS server may send. This option is only valid together with "--dnssec". If "--dnssec" always returns an error, try "--udpsize 512" (the default setting is 1280 bytes, which is adequate for Ethernet, but other kinds of networks may impose lower limits). SEE ALSO
courier(8)[1], RFC 1035[2]. AUTHOR
Sam Varshavchik Author NOTES
1. courier(8) [set $man.base.url.for.relative.links]/courier.html 2. RFC 1035 http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc1035.txt Courier Mail Server 11/18/2011 TESTMXLOOKUP(1)