Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Sun Server and Solaris 7 Inquiry Post 302993218 by ControlTomato on Tuesday 7th of March 2017 06:04:23 PM
Old 03-07-2017
I am super green with Unix & Linux and trying to broaden my horizons.

It's a Sun Sparc Server 20.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sun solaris server auto reboots

Hi Guys, For the past month, our sun solaris server has rebooted itself 3 times. The sysadmin is saying that is not a sun issue and does not want to carry out any further research with sun about that. The db logfile does not show anything about any db issues at that time. I opened an oracle TAR... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnjanje
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 7 & 9, Iplannet 4.1 and Sun One Web Server 6.1

Hey all, I was wondering whether anyone could give me any tips. I'm a total newcomer when it comes to Solaris and i need to dothe following: Current System: Solaris 7 running IPlannet 4.1: Upgrade (Preserving current data) to: Solaris 9 running Sun ONE Web Server 6.1 Has anyone... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AJD
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun Java Portal Server 6 and Solaris 10

Hello, I have recently installed Solaris 10 OE in an Ultra-10 stand alone workstation. I would like to know where can I find information regarding which version of Sun Web technologies such as: Sun Java Portal 6.x Sun Java Web Server 6.x Sun Java Identity Server Sun Java Directory... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mosqueda_albert
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Need help, restrict DBA roles in Sun Solaris Server

Dear forum, I have Oracle 9i/10g2R and sun solaris server I don't realy sure wheter it's sun solaris 8, 9 or 10. Here is the background: OS : SunOS 8/9/10 Oracle engine : 9i / 10g2R --> located in server SunOS Remote Komputer : Windows XP, I use SSH to remote to the server User : DBA1,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aditya Purwanto
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Getting Server Model from Sun Solaris

What command to get server model from a solaris 5.10? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryandegreat25
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris cluster scdidadm Inquiry on device failed.

Solaris 10, Solaris Cluser 3.2, two node cluster, all software installed succefully, all nodes join to the cluster And on snod2 didn't recognize disks as a did devices and I can't make a quorum device. snod1#/usr/cluster/bin/cluster status === Cluster Nodes === --- Node Status --- Node... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Uran
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Whether Sun studio is installed on my Solaris Server?

Hi All I want to confirm the installation of Sun Studio installation on my UNIX development server. Please suggest how to get that. Cheers, Ankur (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharmaankur85
4 Replies

8. Solaris

How to boot a sun Solaris server?

Hi everyone, I have searched on google and sun documentation but it's still not clear for me; how do we boot a sun Solaris server? I know what to do but only from this step: 1- start /SYS 2- start /SP/console The system go to to the prompt OK, then we use the BOOT command. My... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: adilyos
9 Replies

9. Solaris

Help with Solaris 8 10/00 Installation on Sun Fire V490 Server

cat note Hi Sun Solaris Experts, When I try to install Solaris 8 10/00 OS via the Solaris 8 Installation Disk on our Sun Fire V490 Server using the command , I get: boot: cannot open kernel/sparcv9/unix which means it can't find the unix kernel file on the installation disk . By the way, I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssabet
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Backup sun Solaris Server

hello, I need to make a backup for my sever Sun Solaris 10, is there any propositions to realize this , or a control line assembly to have a copy of my server. waiting for your reply thank you in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Laila
5 Replies
Net::Server::MultiType(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Net::Server::MultiType(3)

NAME
Net::Server::MultiType - Net::Server personality SYNOPSIS
use base qw(Net::Server::MultiType); sub process_request { #...code... } my @types = qw(PreFork Fork Single); Net::Server::MultiType->run(server_type => @types); DESCRIPTION
Please read the pod on Net::Server first. This module is a personality, or extension, or sub class, of the Net::Server module. This personality is intended to allow for easy use of multiple Net::Server personalities. Given a list of server types, Net::Server::MultiType will require one at a time until it finds one that is installed on the system. It then adds that package to its @ISA, thus inheriting the methods of that personality. ARGUMENTS
In addition to the command line arguments of the Net::Server base class, Net::Server::MultiType contains one other configurable parameter. Key Value Default server_type 'server_type' 'Single' server_type May be called many times to build up an array or possible server_types. At execution, Net::Server::MultiType will find the first available one and then inherit the methods of that personality CONFIGURATION FILE
"Net::Server::MultiType" allows for the use of a configuration file to read in server parameters. The format of this conf file is simple key value pairs. Comments and white space are ignored. #-------------- file test.conf -------------- ### multi type info ### try PreFork first, then go to Single server_type PreFork server_type Single ### server information min_servers 20 max_servers 80 spare_servers 10 max_requests 1000 ### user and group to become user somebody group everybody ### logging ? log_file /var/log/server.log log_level 3 pid_file /tmp/server.pid ### access control allow .+.(net|com) allow domain.com deny a.+ ### background the process? background 1 ### ports to bind host 127.0.0.1 port localhost:20204 port 20205 ### reverse lookups ? # reverse_lookups on #-------------- file test.conf -------------- PROCESS FLOW
See Net::Server HOOKS
There are no additional hooks in Net::Server::MultiType. TO DO
See Net::Server AUTHOR
Paul T. Seamons paul@seamons.com SEE ALSO
Please see also Net::Server::Fork, Net::Server::INET, Net::Server::PreFork, Net::Server::MultiType, Net::Server::Single perl v5.16.2 2012-06-05 Net::Server::MultiType(3)