Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Archive script spot a mistake? Post 302993205 by robertkwild on Tuesday 7th of March 2017 03:09:24 PM
Old 03-07-2017
ok thanks i will next time i run a test on it as when i create a directory and couple of sub directorys in the root directory and then some text files it works fine, no hicups

but when i do it on some more major directorys that hold couple of GB of data thats when it messes up

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archive script old files

Hi All, Im trying to write a script to archive files based on the date the files were created. For example, if a group of files were created on 23rd August,I would have 230806.tar. I have a problem,I want the script to read a separately created file(readarchive.txt) to look for the path to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kayarsenal
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archive script

hi guru, can advise how to construct a housekeeping script using perl for the following ? find /var/tmp/logs -name "si*" -type f -exec gzip -f {} \; find /var/tmp/logs -name "*.gz" -type f -exec mv -f {} /var/tmp/log \; I found out those are not working in shell at when put them on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rauphelhunter
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script help .. archive

Hi All We have a landing directory where source system puts files.There are variable number of files and the file names are also varying.Each files successful transmission is identified by a .done file.If file name is xyz.dat then the confirmation file will be xyz.dat.done. I want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dr46014
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need some help with an archive script

I'm not sure how to solve the $month-1 thingy or the foreach sentence, so I need some help./* folders = folder1 folder2 folder3 folder4 folder5 */ month=`date +%m` if($month == 01) { prev_month = 12 } else { prev_month =... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: JKMlol
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help archive script

Hi all, I am new to linux and scripting so please forgive me. I need to create a script that will archive files but the max size of the archive need to be 500mb or under. I know about the archiving with parts but i want all the archives as individual archives. Can anyone point me in the correct... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: craig0
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can anyone find the mistake in this script file

#!/bin/ksh db_user=`echo $DB_USER_NAME` db_pwd=`echo $DB_PASSWORD` db_sid=`echo $TWO_TASK` sqlplus -s $db_user/$db_pwd@$db_sid << EOF a = select ACK_PARTY_NAME,bus_event_seq_nbr from bus_event where ack_party_name like 'MOVE_USAGE_DAEMON%' and bus_event_seq_nbr='3969094' set -- echo $a |... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkrish
17 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Archive Unix script to Batch script

Hi All, I have a requirement to archive processed file and retain the archive based on the quantity.. but this is in windows. I have written a drafted shell script, and would like to have it translated into Batch script.. Please... Below is the drafted shell script ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dave Null
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can anyone help me to spot my mistake?

Hi there can anyone help me to spot my mistake and please explain why it appears My code : #!/usr/bin/gawk -f BEGIN { bytes =0} { temp=$(grep "datafeed\.php" | cut -d" " -f8) bytes += temp} END { printf "Number of bytes: %d\n", bytes } when I am running ./q411 an411 an411: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: FUTURE_EINSTEIN
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to call Oracle archive backup script when file system reaches threshold value

Hello All, I need immediate help in creating shell script to call archivebkup.ksh script when archive file system capacity reaches threshold value or 60% Need to identify the unique file system that reaches threshold value. ex: capacity ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasikanthdba
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to archive logs and sftp to another archive server

Requirement: Under fuse application we have placeholders called containers; Every container has their logs under: <container1>/data/log/fuse.log <container1>/data/log/fuse.log.1 <container1>/data/log/fuse.log.XX <container2>/data/log/fuse.log... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arjun Goswami
6 Replies
NFSTEST_PNFS(1) 						nfstest_pnfs 1.0.1						   NFSTEST_PNFS(1)

NAME
nfstest_pnfs - Basic pNFS functional tests SYNOPSIS
nfstest_pnfs --server <server> [options] DESCRIPTION
Verify basic pNFS functionality for file (both READ and WRITE), including opening a second file within the same mount and having a lock on the file. Also, verify basic pNFS functionality for a file opened for both READ and WRITE while reading the file first and then writing to it or the other way around by writing to the file fist and then reading the file. These tests verify proper functionality of pNFS and NFSv4.1 as well. OPTIONS
--version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit -f FILE, --file=FILE Options file -s SERVER, --server=SERVER Server name or IP address -p PORT, --port=PORT NFS server port [default: 2049] --nfsversion=NFSVERSION NFS version [default: 4] --minorversion=MINORVERSION Minor version [default: 1] -e EXPORT, --export=EXPORT Exported file system to mount [default: '/'] -m MTPOINT, --mtpoint=MTPOINT Mount point [default: '/mnt/t'] --datadir=DATADIR Data directory where files are created [default: ''] -o MTOPTS, --mtopts=MTOPTS Mount options [default: 'hard,rsize=4096,wsize=4096'] -i INTERFACE, --interface=INTERFACE Device interface [default: 'eth0'] -v VERBOSE, --verbose=VERBOSE Verbose level [default: 'none'] --nocleanup Do not cleanup --rmtraces Remove trace files [default: remove trace files if no errors] --keeptraces Do not remove any trace files [default: remove trace files if no errors] --createlog Create log file --bugmsgs=BUGMSGS File containing test messages to mark as bugs if they failed --ignore Ignore all bugs given by bugmsgs --nomount Do not mount server --basename=BASENAME Base name for all files and logs [default: automatically generated] --tverbose=TVERBOSE Verbose level for test messages [default: '1'] --filesize=FILESIZE File size to use for test files [default: 65536] --nfiles=NFILES Number of files to create [default: 2] --rsize=RSIZE Read size to use when reading files [default: 4096] --wsize=WSIZE Write size to use when writing files [default: 4096] --iodelay=IODELAY Seconds to delay I/O operations [default: 0.1] --offset-delta=OFFSET_DELTA Read/Write offset delta [default: 4096] --warnings Display warnings --nfsdebug=NFSDEBUG Set NFS kernel debug flags and save log messages [default: ''] --rpcdebug=RPCDEBUG Set RPC kernel debug flags and save log messages [default: ''] --sudo=SUDO Full path of binary for sudo [default: '/usr/bin/sudo'] --tcpdump=TCPDUMP Full path of binary for tcpdump [default: '/usr/sbin/tcpdump'] --iptables=IPTABLES Full path of binary for iptables [default: '/sbin/iptables'] --messages=MESSAGES Full path of log messages file [default: '/var/log/messages'] --tmpdir=TMPDIR Temporary directory [default: '/tmp'] --runtest=RUNTEST Comma separated list of tests to run [default: 'all'] TESTS
read Verify basic pNFS functionality on a couple of files opened for reading within the same mount. write Verify basic pNFS functionality on a couple of files opened for writing and then re-opening the first file for writing within the same mount. write_read Verify basic pNFS functionality on a couple of files opened for writing and then re-opening the first file for reading within the same mount. read_lock Verify traffic for locked file opened for reading using pNFS. write_lock Verify traffic for locked file opened for writing using pNFS. setattr Verify setattr traffic for file using pNFS. setattr_lock Verify setattr traffic for locked file using pNFS. rw_read Verify traffic for file opened for read and write: reading file first. rw_write Verify traffic for file opened for read and write: writing file first. one_ds Verify client only connects to the DS with I/O. rsize Verify traffic for file using pNFS when mount option rsize < 4096. wsize Verify traffic for file using pNFS when mount option wsize < 4096. rwsize Verify traffic for file using pNFS when mount option rsize < 4096 and wsize < 4096. nfsvers Verify file created with pNFS is read correctly from different versions of NFS. Also, verify files created with different versions of NFS are read correctly from pNFS EXAMPLES
The only required option is --server $ nfstest_pnfs --server 192.168.0.11 NOTES
The user id in the local host must have access to run commands as root using the 'sudo' command without the need for a password. SEE ALSO
nfstest.test_util(1), nfstest_cache(1), nfstest_delegation(1), nfstest_dio(1), nfstest_posix(1) BUGS
No known bugs. AUTHOR
Jorge Mora (mora@netapp.com) NFStest 1.0.2 10 April 2013 NFSTEST_PNFS(1)