Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Command to print columns with space Post 302993183 by fmalvest on Tuesday 7th of March 2017 12:42:50 PM
Old 03-07-2017
Thank you again for replying.. I may be missing a step because it's still showing the dashes and the blank line in my output..

Here is what I have now:

Code:
cat $OUTFILE2 |while read SVM CIFS_SHARE PATH_NAME
 do
 if [ -n "$SVM" ]; then
 echo $DRRSH "vserver cifs share create -vserver ${SVM} -share-name ${CIFS_SHARE} -path $PATH_NAME" >> $DRSCRIPT
 fi
 done

Thank you again for all your help - this was a big help for me!

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules!

Last edited by RudiC; 03-07-2017 at 02:04 PM.. Reason: Added CODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to space columns in a report

I have a program that calculates shipping cost for an item and prints the information to a file. I cannot seem to get the lines to print with equal spacing in columns. I need data like this to be aligned into columns: Optical Mouse 5 A $25 Compaq Presario 3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: turbulence
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

How to add space in between columns in VI editor

Hi, I am trying to add space after 3rd and 6th column for editing a file in special format. How should I achieve in VI?. So, is it possible to do in it in sed ? thanks vipa (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vipas
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with delimiting columns with a space

Hi all, i am writting a script to fix some problems we have with data that we need that contains 1000s of records. I have a text file with 3 columns of data. The problem is there should be a space between the end of the first column and the start of the second column. The majority of the data is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: borderblaster
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Single command for add 2 columns and remove 2 columns in unix/performance tuning

Hi all, I have created a script which adding two columns and removing two columns for all files. Filename: Cust_information_1200_201010.txt Source Data: "1","Cust information","123","106001","street","1-203 high street" "1","Cust information","124","105001","street","1-203 high street" ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: onesuri
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or sed command to print specific string between word and blank space

My source is on each line 98.194.245.255 - - "GET /disp0201.php?poc=4060&roc=1&ps=R&ooc=13&mjv=6&mov=5&rel=5&bod=155&oxi=2&omj=5&ozn=1&dav=20&cd=&daz=&drc=&mo=&sid=&lang=EN&loc=JPN HTTP/1.1" 302 - "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: elamurugu
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to print multiple columns

Hello Team, I have written following command which is giving output is as shown below. bash-3.00$ grep -i startup catalina.out | tail +2 | sed -n 1p | awk -F" " '{ for (x=1; x<=5; x++) { printf"%s\n", $x } }' Dec 19, 2010 3:28:39 PM bash-3.00$ I would like to modify above command to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolguyamy
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help needed: remove space between certain columns

dear all, i have a data looks like this (i have 3000 columns): rs123 A T T G C C C C C C A A A A A A A A A A A ... rs154 T T G C C C C C A A A A A A A A A A T T G ... rs126 A C C C C C A A A A A A A A A A A A T T G ... I want to remove all the space after the 2nd column and make the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevertl
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Columns to rows with space

Hi, My input is in the following way a b c d e f I would like to have it printed as a b c d e f Any awk scripts are appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Romove columns and replace a space with a character

Hi, I have a file containing this: testvol1 unix enabled testvol2 unix enabled testvol3 unix enabled testvol3 qtree1 unix enabled testvol3 qtree2 unix enabled testvol4 unix enabled testvol4 qtree1 unix enabled And I want an output of this: testvol1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: niap21
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to use "awk" to print columns from different files in separate columns?

Hi, I'm trying to copy and paste the sixth column from a bunch of files into a single file having each column pasted in separate columns (and not one after each other in just one column.) I tried this code but works only partially because it copied and pasted 50 rows of each column... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frastra
6 Replies
ACTDIAG(1)						      General Commands Manual							ACTDIAG(1)

NAME
actdiag - generate activity-diagram image file from spec-text file. SYNOPSIS
actdiag [options] files DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the actdiag commands. actdiag is a program that generate activity-diagram image file from spec-text file. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the Info files. -h, --help show this help message and exit -a, --antialias Pass diagram image to anti-alias filter -c FILE, --config=FILE read configurations from FILE -o FILE write diagram to FILE -f FONT, --font=FONT use FONT to draw diagram -s, ----separate Separate diagram images for each group (SVG only) -T TYPE Output diagram as TYPE format SEE ALSO
The programs are documented fully by http://tk0miya.bitbucket.org/actdiag/build/html/index.html AUTHOR
actdiag was written by Takeshi Komiya <i.tkomiya@gmail.com> This manual page was written by Kouhei Maeda <mkouhei@palmtb.net>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). June 5, 2011 ACTDIAG(1)