Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Subtracting a date based on ls output Post 302993179 by RudiC on Tuesday 7th of March 2017 11:38:30 AM
Old 03-07-2017
Try -mtime -7.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

subtracting a days from current date

Hi i am trying to subtract days from current date. For example todays date is 10/03/2006. If i subtract 2 days it should give 8/03/2006. I am also trying to find the access date of a file in dd/mm/yyyy format. Can any one please help in how to do this. Ramesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rameshspal
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subtracting date / timestamps

I have looked through the forums and found many date / time manipulation tools, but cannot seem to find something that fits my needs for the following. I have a log file with date time stamps like this: Jun 21 17:21:52 Jun 21 17:24:56 Jun 21 17:27:59 Jun 21 17:31:03 Jun 21 17:34:07 Jun... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: roadcyclist
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

adding or subtracting days in the o/p of date

how can we add or subtract days from the output of date command in unix... like if i want to subtract a day from the result of date command like this.. v_date=`date +%Y%m%d` this wud give me 20080519 now i want to subtract one day from this.. so tht it wud give me 20080518.. how do i do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: St.Fartatric
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting date output based on time zone

Hi, We have a server in US and hence while the command "date" is given it gives the output in EDT. If I want the date output in MET, how can I get it. Please let me know how I could do it in the script which is ksh. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jmathew99
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Static date adding and subtracting years

Hi Gurus! I have a static date in a YYYYMMDD format; and I want get the date 2 years in the past and 2 years in the future. static_date=20010203 old_date=$static_date - 3 years future_date=$static_date + 2 years I was only able to research on dates that are current and not on static... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kokoro
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL one liner for subtracting 1 from date

I got a statement like below to subtract 1 from given date using teradata. I am looking for a one line unix command to perform the same. select 'parse_this_record', (DATE '${FILE_DATE}' - 1) (FORMAT 'YYYY-MM-DD'); Input: 2012-02-21 Expected Output: 2012-02-20 PS: One liner because I am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siteregsam
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding/ Subtracting from Date

Hi , How can I add/substruct x number of days with date? For example My_Date=`date` Now I need Hope it's clear. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Subtracting number of days from current date

Hi All, I am using KSH shell and need to subtract n number of days from the current date .. kindly suggest ! Thanks in advance!:) (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev.devil.1983
20 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subtracting months from passed Date

Hi All, I am getting a date from environment variable and want to do some processing by subtracting 2 months from the date passed through the environment variable. I am trying the following syntax : date_var=2014-08-31 date_2M_ago='$date_var+"%d%m%y" --$date_var="2 months ago" '... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahul Raj
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Changing CSV files with date . Subtracting date by values

Hi All, I have a CSV file which is as below. Basically I need to take the year column in it and find if the year is >= 20152 . If that is then I should subtract all values by 6. In the below example in description I am having number mentioned as YYWW so I need to subtract those by -5. Whereever... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
8 Replies
Gnome2::ThumbnailFactory(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Gnome2::ThumbnailFactory(3pm)

NAME
Gnome2::ThumbnailFactory - wrapper for GnomeThumbnailFactory HIERARCHY
Glib::Object +----Gnome2::ThumbnailFactory METHODS
thumbnailfactory = Gnome2::ThumbnailFactory->new ($size) o $size (Gnome2::ThumbnailSize) boolean = $factory->can_thumbnail ($uri, $mime_type, $mtime) o $uri (string) o $mime_type (string) o $mtime (a timestamp) $factory->create_failed_thumbnail ($uri, $mtime) o $uri (string) o $mtime (a timestamp) pixbuf = $factory->generate_thumbnail ($uri, $mime_type) o $uri (string) o $mime_type (string) boolean = $factory->has_valid_failed_thumbnail ($uri, $mtime) o $uri (string) o $mtime (a timestamp) string = $factory->lookup ($uri, $mtime) o $uri (string) o $mtime (a timestamp) $factory->save_thumbnail ($thumbnail, $uri, $original_mtime) o $thumbnail (Gtk2::Gdk::Pixbuf) o $uri (string) o $original_mtime (a timestamp) ENUMS AND FLAGS
enum Gnome2::ThumbnailSize o 'normal' / 'GNOME_THUMBNAIL_SIZE_NORMAL' o 'large' / 'GNOME_THUMBNAIL_SIZE_LARGE' SEE ALSO
Gnome2, Glib::Object COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2004 by the gtk2-perl team. This software is licensed under the LGPL. See Gnome2 for a full notice. perl v5.14.2 2011-11-16 Gnome2::ThumbnailFactory(3pm)