Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Interactive Python 3.5+ sys.stdout.write() AND sys.stderr.write() bug? Post 302993157 by Corona688 on Tuesday 7th of March 2017 10:24:27 AM
Old 03-07-2017
Thanks. I'd noticed Python did that but had no idea why.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to write stderr in a subroutine log file?..

perl 5.6.1 in win2000: my program uses a subroutine which will write log file. i will call that sub routine like this &log_message("the file $inputfile opened"); what should i do to write the stderr on the same log file itself.. i tried to pass the stderr to the subroutine like ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sekar sundaram
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cisco TCL script write stdout to tftpboot

I want to log the following stdout: router(config)#scripting tcl init tftp://192.168.1.1/remote-ping.tcl ===================================== tclsh proc rping {} { foreach address { 192.168.1.1 192.168.2.1 } { ping $address re 50 si 1500 } ===================================== ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: research3
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to write a shell script to login to a system which is interactive.

Can anybody help me to write a shell script to login interactive system once u open a connection using telnet it will ask for USERCODE: PASSWORD: DOMAIN: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudhakaryadav
1 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to write script that behaves both in interactive and non interactive mode

Q. Write a script that behaves both in interactive and non interactive mode. When no arguments are supplied it picks up each C program from the directory and prints first 10 lines. It then prompts for deletion of the file. If user supplies arguments with the script , then it works on those files... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rits
8 Replies

5. IP Networking

read/write,write/write lock with smbclient fails

Hi, We have smb client running on two of the linux boxes and smb server on another linux system. During a backup operation which uses smb, read of a file was allowed while write to the same file was going on.Also simultaneous writes to the same file were allowed.Following are the settings in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swatidas11
1 Replies

6. Programming

read and write stdin/stdout in unix

Hi, i am using the below program to read from the standard input or to write to standard out put. i know that using highlevel functions this can be done better than what i have done here. i just want to know is there any other method by which i find the exact number of characters ( this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrUser
3 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to write automated interactive shell script?

Hello everyone, I just want to write a shell script for automatic feeding the username and password prompts when running my commands, I tried this one but it did not work. Please help me for any way out. #!/bin/bash #!/usr/bin/expect cd ~/workspace/mimosanetworks_mimosa-nms ls -ltr ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy-sm
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Have each subshell write stderr and stdout to its own logfile

Hello, As stated in the title, I do some hacked parallel processing by running multiple instances of bash scripts, each in their own subshell. The code looks like this, # launch one batch-train script in background for each value in fold group list for FOLD_GROUP in "${FOLD_GROUP_LIST}" do ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
5 Replies

9. Solaris

SMF in Solaris wont write to stderr/stdout ?

Hi, I got a process (c written) that we usually run this way : EmsChkQu >> /EMS/log/EmsChkQu.log 2>&1 When trying to use it as a service I defined it this way : <?xml version='1.0'?> <!DOCTYPE service_bundle SYSTEM '/usr/share/lib/xml/dtd/service_bundle.dtd.1'> <service_bundle... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zionassedo
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sed: couldn't write 1378 items to stdout: No space left on device

Hi , In file first line start with "",when trying to remove using sed i am getting the below error .Please advise sed -e 's///g' -e 's/$]//g' segment1.txt >>segment_m1 sed: couldn't write 1378 items to stdout: No space left on device Thanks, Mohan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohan705
1 Replies
write(9E)							Driver Entry Points							 write(9E)

NAME
write - write data to a device SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/errno.h> #include <sys/open.h> #include <sys/cred.h> #include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> int prefixwrite(dev_t dev, struct uio *uio_p, cred_t *cred_p); INTERFACE LEVEL
Architecture independent level 1 (DDI/DKI). This entry point is optional. PARAMETERS
dev Device number. uio_p Pointer to the uio(9S) structure that describes where the data is to be stored in user space. cred_p Pointer to the user credential structure for the I/O transaction. DESCRIPTION
Used for character or raw data I/O, the driver write() routine is called indirectly through cb_ops(9S) by the write(2) system call. The write() routine supervises the data transfer from user space to a device described by the uio(9S) structure. The write() routine should check the validity of the minor number component of dev and the user credentials pointed to by cred_p, if per- tinent. RETURN VALUES
The write() routine should return 0 for success, or the appropriate error number. EXAMPLES
The following is an example of a write() routine using physio(9F) to perform writes to a seekable device: static int xxwrite(dev_t dev, struct uio *uiop, cred_t *credp) { int instance; xx_t xx; instance = getminor(dev); xx = ddi_get_soft_state(xxstate, instance); if (xx == NULL) return (ENXIO); return (physio(xxstrategy, NULL, dev, B_WRITE, xxmin, uiop)); } SEE ALSO
read(2), write(2), read(9E), physio(9F), cb_ops(9S), uio(9S) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.11 28 Mar 1997 write(9E)