Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: To run multiple scripts
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers To run multiple scripts Post 302993146 by gull04 on Tuesday 7th of March 2017 08:55:50 AM
Old 03-07-2017
Hi,

I don't see the screen shot?

Regards

Gull04

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

To run scripts

How to run a script from any directory? Should i include any environment or wat should i start with in writing a script ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rollthecoin
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

1 script or multiple scripts?? - check files, run jobs

Question for anyone that might be able to help: My objective is to eheck if a file (a source file) exists in a directory. If it does then, I'd like to call an application (Informatica ETL file...not necessary to know) to run a program which extracts data and loads it into multiple targets. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnanasakti
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sh script to run multiple php scripts

I wrote a .sh script to run 5 php scripts. The problem is that it's running 1 then 2 then 3 in that order .... I want it to execute all 5 at ONCE.... nohup php /home/script1/script1.php && nohup php /home/script2/script2.php && nohup php /home/script3/script3.php && nohup php... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: holyearth
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run scripts....

I am going to run the scripts (filetest.sh) Its run with..... ./filetest.sh sh filetest.sh but not run with..... filetest.sh ( giviing error command not found) tell me the way how we can do it ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ani83_pune
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Scipting (New); Run multiple greps > multiple files

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forums, as you can probably tell... I'm also pretty new to scripting and writing any type of code. I needed to know exactly how I can grep for multiple strings, in files located in one directory, but I need each string to output to a separate file. So I'd... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: LDHB2012
19 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using a script to define variables and run multiple other scripts in succession.

I'm pretty new to scripting in Korn shell so please forgive me... What I'm trying to do is to create a script that calls multiple other ksh scripts and defines variables for text files. I need it to define my user defined variables (file paths, date & time stamps, etc that are currently in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bluejwxn8
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling multiple scripts from another scripts

Dear all, I am working on script which call other shell scripts in a loop but problem is from second script am not able to come out. Here is the snippet:- #!/bin/bash HSFILE=/root/Test/Components.txt LOGFile=/opt/domain/AdminDomain/application/logs... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Scripts can be run manually but couldn't run with cronjobs

I am from MQ/MB technology. My requirement is to display the queue manger and broker status on daily basis. If I manually run the script, it works fine and displays output. But when I have scheduled the same using cronjobs it shows only the queue manger status and not the broker status. Can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anusha M
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

A single script to run multiple scripts

Hi , Can someone help! I need a shell script to run multiple scripts by using single shell script, incase any one of the scripts fails, it should get exit and after trouble shooting if we re-execute it, it should start from the failed script. I have a written a scripting till the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anniesurolyn
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh to multiple hosts and then run multiple for loops under remote session

Hello, I am trying to login to multiple servers and i have to run multiple loops to gather some details..Could you please help me out. I am specifically facing issues while running for loops. I have to run multiple for loops in else condition. but the below code is giving errors in for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohit_vardhani
2 Replies
rc.config(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						      rc.config(4)

NAME
rc.config, rc.config.d - files containing system configuration information SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The system configuration used at startup is contained in files within the directory The file sources all of the files within and and exports their contents to the environment. /etc/rc.config The file is a script that sources all of the scripts, and also sources To read the configuration definitions, only this file need be sourced. This file is sourced by whenever it is run, such as when the command is run to transition between run states. Each file that exists in is sourced, without regard to which startup scripts are to be executed. /etc/rc.config.d The configuration information is structured as a directory of files, rather than as a single file containing the same information. This allows developers to create and manage their own configuration files here, without the complications of shared ownership and access of a common file. /etc/rc.config.d/* Files This is where files containing configuration variable assignments are located. Configuration scripts must be written to be read by the POSIX shell, and not the Bourne shell, or In some cases, these files must also be read and possibly modified by control scripts or the sam program. See sd(4) and sam(1M). For this reason, each variable definition must appear on a separate line, with the syntax: No trailing comments may appear on a variable definition line. Comment statements must be on separate lines, with the comment character in column one. This example shows the required syntax for configuration files: Configuration variables may be declared as array parameters when describing multiple instances of the variable configuration. For example, a system may contain two network interfaces, each having a unique IP address and subnet mask (see ifconfig(1M)). An example of such a dec- laration is as follows: Note that there must be no requirements on the order of the files sourced. This means configuration files must not refer to variables defined in other configuration files, since there is no guarantee that the variable being referenced is currently defined. There is no protection against environment variable namespace collision in these configuration files. Programmers must take care to avoid such prob- lems. /etc/TIMEZONE The file contains the definition of the environment variable. This file is required by POSIX. It is sourced by at the same time the files are sourced. SEE ALSO
rc(1M). rc.config(4)