Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: To replace header name
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To replace header name Post 302993080 by Scrutinizer on Monday 6th of March 2017 03:26:09 PM
Old 03-06-2017
Independent of name of header:
Code:
sed '1s/^/hi_/; 1s/,/,hi_/g' test.csv

GNU sed (-r), BSD sed (-E):
Code:
sed -r '1s/(^|,)/&hi_/g' test.csv

This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Reading the header of a tar file(posix header)

say i have these many file in a directory named exam. 1)/exam/newfolder/link.txt. 2)/exam/newfolder1/ and i create a tar say exam.tar well the problem is, when i read the tar file i dont find any metadata about the directories,as you cannot create a tar containig empty directories. on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanvirk
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed column replace using column header - help

$ cat log.txt Name Age Sex Lcation nfld alias xsd CC 25 M XYZ asx KK Y BB 21 F XAS awe SS N SD 21 M AQW rty SD A How can I replace the column with header "Lcation" with the column with header "alias" and delete the "alias" column? so that the final output will become: Name Age Sex... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkl_jkl
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Header Replace characters

Hi, I have a flat file with header with tab delimiter. nbr id name salesid detail num source num jun_2007 jul_2007 aug_2007 sep_2007 ....feb_2008 I need to modify the header for the columns nbr to Id1 jun_2007 to Jun07 jul_2007 to Jul07 aug_2007 to Aug07 sep_2007 to Sep07... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: umathurumella
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

improve performance - replace $\| with $#@ and remove header and trailer records

Hi All, In my file i need to remove header and trailer records which comes in 1st line and last line respectively. After that i need to replace '$\|' with '$#@'. I am using sed command for this and its taking lot of time. Is there any other command which can be used to improve performance? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HemaV
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merge all csv files in one folder considering only 1 header row and ignoring header of all others

Friends, I need help with the following in UNIX. Merge all csv files in one folder considering only 1 header row and ignoring header of all other files. FYI - All files are in same format and contains same headers. Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shiny_Roy
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add column header and row header

Hi, I have an input like this 1 2 3 4 2 3 4 5 4 5 6 7 I would like to count the no. of columns and print a header with a prefix "Col". I would also like to count the no. of rows and print as first column with each line number with a prefix "Row" So, my output would be ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a column with a value by ignoring the header lines

i have a file in the gz format , the content of the file is as follow. gzcat f1.gz # 1.name # 2.location # 3.age # 4.dob . . . . . . . . . # 43.hobbies < Aravind,33,chennai,09091980, , , , , , , surfing> (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aravindj80
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk script to extract a column, replace one of the header and replace year(from ddmmyy to yyyy)

I have a csv which has lot of columns . I was looking for an awk script which would extract a column twice. for the first occurance the header and data needs to be intact but for the second occurance i want to replace the header name since it a duplicate and extract year value which is in ddmmyy... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kunalcurious
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find header in a text file and prepend it to all lines until another header is found

I've been struggling with this one for quite a while and cannot seem to find a solution for this find/replace scenario. Perhaps I'm getting rusty. I have a file that contains a number of metrics (exactly 3 fields per line) from a few appliances that are collected in parallel. To identify the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: verdepollo
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - How to update header of scripts in one pass - multiline search/replace

Hello. A find command return a list of file. For each fileReplace the content starting with the first "§" (of two) ending with last "ɸ" (of two), regardless of the content ( five lines ) by the following content (exactly) : §2019_08_23§ # # ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
8 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)