Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: To replace header name
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To replace header name Post 302993070 by RavinderSingh13 on Monday 6th of March 2017 02:19:26 PM
Old 03-06-2017
Hello rohit_shinez,

Could you please try following too and let me know if this helps.(Considering only headers you need to change this which will be off course first line of Input_file)
Code:
awk 'NR==1{gsub(/h[0-9]+/,"hi_&",$0);print;next} 1'    Input_file

Thanks,
R. Singh

Last edited by RavinderSingh13; 03-06-2017 at 05:20 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Reading the header of a tar file(posix header)

say i have these many file in a directory named exam. 1)/exam/newfolder/link.txt. 2)/exam/newfolder1/ and i create a tar say exam.tar well the problem is, when i read the tar file i dont find any metadata about the directories,as you cannot create a tar containig empty directories. on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanvirk
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed column replace using column header - help

$ cat log.txt Name Age Sex Lcation nfld alias xsd CC 25 M XYZ asx KK Y BB 21 F XAS awe SS N SD 21 M AQW rty SD A How can I replace the column with header "Lcation" with the column with header "alias" and delete the "alias" column? so that the final output will become: Name Age Sex... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkl_jkl
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Header Replace characters

Hi, I have a flat file with header with tab delimiter. nbr id name salesid detail num source num jun_2007 jul_2007 aug_2007 sep_2007 ....feb_2008 I need to modify the header for the columns nbr to Id1 jun_2007 to Jun07 jul_2007 to Jul07 aug_2007 to Aug07 sep_2007 to Sep07... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: umathurumella
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

improve performance - replace $\| with $#@ and remove header and trailer records

Hi All, In my file i need to remove header and trailer records which comes in 1st line and last line respectively. After that i need to replace '$\|' with '$#@'. I am using sed command for this and its taking lot of time. Is there any other command which can be used to improve performance? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HemaV
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merge all csv files in one folder considering only 1 header row and ignoring header of all others

Friends, I need help with the following in UNIX. Merge all csv files in one folder considering only 1 header row and ignoring header of all other files. FYI - All files are in same format and contains same headers. Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shiny_Roy
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add column header and row header

Hi, I have an input like this 1 2 3 4 2 3 4 5 4 5 6 7 I would like to count the no. of columns and print a header with a prefix "Col". I would also like to count the no. of rows and print as first column with each line number with a prefix "Row" So, my output would be ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a column with a value by ignoring the header lines

i have a file in the gz format , the content of the file is as follow. gzcat f1.gz # 1.name # 2.location # 3.age # 4.dob . . . . . . . . . # 43.hobbies < Aravind,33,chennai,09091980, , , , , , , surfing> (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aravindj80
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk script to extract a column, replace one of the header and replace year(from ddmmyy to yyyy)

I have a csv which has lot of columns . I was looking for an awk script which would extract a column twice. for the first occurance the header and data needs to be intact but for the second occurance i want to replace the header name since it a duplicate and extract year value which is in ddmmyy... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kunalcurious
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find header in a text file and prepend it to all lines until another header is found

I've been struggling with this one for quite a while and cannot seem to find a solution for this find/replace scenario. Perhaps I'm getting rusty. I have a file that contains a number of metrics (exactly 3 fields per line) from a few appliances that are collected in parallel. To identify the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: verdepollo
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - How to update header of scripts in one pass - multiline search/replace

Hello. A find command return a list of file. For each fileReplace the content starting with the first "§" (of two) ending with last "ɸ" (of two), regardless of the content ( five lines ) by the following content (exactly) : §2019_08_23§ # # ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
8 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)