Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cat/File Descriptor Question
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Cat/File Descriptor Question Post 302993035 by vbe on Monday 6th of March 2017 03:05:29 AM
Old 03-06-2017
I would start like I would in any human language: analyse the given phrase and see it composition, then would test the bits/blocks I understand.( or not...).
- how many processes have we here?

If more than one
what does the first - Can I test and se what it does
What should do the second - can I test? If not what am I expecting it to produce, then get the code working and see if I am right if not, why?
etc...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Descriptor Help

What is a file descriptor in Unix?? How to find a file descriptor of a file in Unix?? Does it have anything to do with the Inode numbers?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
3 Replies

2. Programming

A small question about file descriptor

Can any body tell me when I put close(2), why the code does not show any out put? #include <stdio.h> #include <fcntl.h> #include <errno.h> int main(){ int fd1,fd2,fd3,fd4; close(2); fd1=open("test1.txt",O_WRONLY |O_CREAT | O_TRUNC,0744); fprintf(stderr,"fd1 = %d\n",fd1); ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlhazan
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Descriptor

Hello All, Im opening a file desciptor in perl and sending data using print CMD "$xyz". is there a limit to the length of the string that I can give to this CMD at a time. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rimser9
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Descriptor

Hi What the below path contains? /proc/<pid>/fd (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question regarding cat command

Hello Friends, I have a question, i am trying to write a shell script in the bash shell. #!/bin/sh NAWK=/bin/nawk AWK=/bin/awk FIX_XML_PATH=/home/administrator/testfix/fix/ Y=`ls $FIX_XML_PATH | grep xml` echo $Y cat $Y in this case when i do the echo $Y command it gives me the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: asirohi
11 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Question about cat and echo

Hello, I am trying to send text to a USB to serial adaptor and then to an external speech synthesizer. I tried using the cat and echo commands with no luck. I have gotten some audio output from my synthesizer using Kermit a terminal emulator, so I am pretty sure my synthesizer and my USB to serial... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamesapp
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Easy cat question

I am having problems getting a list of filenames that I want from a directory. example: I have 3 files - filename.xxx.20110505.123030 filename.yyy.20110505.123030 filename.zzz.20110505.123030 There may be multiple xxx,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Drenhead
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat question

Can any one guide me how can i accomplish this by script i continuously receive files via our ftp server into a certain folder is there a way i can take those files cat it to a new file by hour and create a new file when new hour starts? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shehzad_m
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question regarding Cat

Can we concatenate say, I have a few files prefixing with 2009... So now i want all the 2009 files into one single file.. Can this be achieved???? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saggiboy10
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat question

hello! why this works? cd /home/user cat * | ecasound -i stdin -o jack and this doesn't? cd /home/user/somedirectory cat * | ecasound -i stdin -o jack somedirectory are full with exe files which are the best source for this sort of noise thing (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlhungus
10 Replies
gtkhtml-editor-test(1)						   User Commands					    gtkhtml-editor-test(1)

NAME
gtkhtml-editor-test - A simple html editor for libgtkhtml. SYNOPSIS
gtkhtml-editor-test DESCRIPTION
gtkhtml-editor-test is a light-weight html editor for testing libgtkhtml-editor(3). It contains all the features that libgtkhtml-editor provides. It can be used to create a message in plaintext or HTML format. These features are used by the evolution(1). application. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWevolution-libs | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
evolution(1), libgtkhtml-editor(3), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 28 Jul 2008 gtkhtml-editor-test(1)