Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Have troubles with bash script: xubuntu systemd.link onboard Post 302992870 by Chubler_XL on Thursday 2nd of March 2017 05:04:42 PM
Old 03-02-2017
If you are using exec the script will not continue as exec replaces the shell with the command you specify.
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to Chubler_XL For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Identifying onboard PCI device

Hi all, I have customized tool that displays PCI device information (something similar to the linux - "lspci") . Now, I need to display information only on "plug-in" cards. Are there any ways to distinguish between "on-board" PCI device and a PCI "plug-in" card. Thanks, Dhilip (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: diliphere
2 Replies

2. AIX

Onboard Sound

Is there a command to make the onboard sound beep? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dig1tal
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[BASH] Remove Link from Filename

Hi there, I'm trying to make a script that downloads something, but then strips the URL for later processing. A user would input the following: ./text -install <link> Lets say the <link> is: Later on, the script would have to; unpack the file with the command: tar xvf... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Syekiya
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Ultra 10 Creator 3D: enabling onboard VGA

Hello, I have an Ultra 10 Creator 3D working fine with a Sun monitor, but I'd like to use it with a VGA flat panel (it would be great if I could use both screens simultaneously). As I've read in a previous thread (https://www.unix.com/sun-solaris/14875-creator-3d-video-adapter.html) this box... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ama
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Troubles with shell script

Hello. I'm having trouble figuring out how to write this script. I'm supposed to have my script start up with specific arguments and if there are missing arguments or invalid arguments, return an error associated to its errorlevel number. For example, here are a few errorlevel numbers with their... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Simonpalmieri
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

Enter Bios and disable onboard NICS?

Hi, I have to get into BIOS and disable onbaord NICS for an IBM server, can someone please help me out. I tried hitting F1 when reboot to get into BIOS, but it seems like a setup screen and I dont see any option to disable NICS? Thanks Sam (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam4919
0 Replies

7. Hardware

Seeking advice on onboard graphic card

Hi all, I'm prepared building a new PC for testing ONLY. I don't game. Neither I'll do graphic editing on the new box. There are about 30 VMs installed running VirtualBox as virtualizer but not all of them running at the same time. Most VMs are servers. I do configuration on terminal with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satimis
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Troubles running DB2 command in shell script via cron

Hi there, Now I'm facing error regarding running shell script via cron. The shell script which is required to get value from database. Below is the main part of shell script. #/bin/bash #connect to database(1) db2 connect to $database user xxxx using yyyy #set values from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rohan Kishibe
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to block first bash script until second bash script script launches web server/site?

I'm new to utilities like socat and netcat and I'm not clear if they will do what I need. I have a "compileDeployStartWebServer.sh" script and a "StartBrowser.sh" script that are started by emacs/elisp at the same time in two different processes. I'm using Cygwin bash on Windows 10. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Systemd cant start my script

Hi, systemd cant start my script, but it work, at command prompt. Code and execute at command prompt #cat collector.sh #!/bin/bash case $1 in start) /home/postgres/scripts/pgwatch2/pgwatch2.sh /home/postgres/scripts/pgwatch2/pgwatch2_UI.sh ;; ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvaikla
7 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a file name containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)